Islands Fixes and suggestions

NovaDragonYT

QA Team
NovaDragonYT
NovaDragonYT
QA Team
Ratings
20 1
If you play islands you know that there are some things that are messed up here is a list of bugs/glitches and some suggestions that I and some of the other islands' members have come up with.
-------------------
Suggestions

- Better ways to make money through farming and mining.
- Remove afk-to-win
-improve hopper pick-up speed, It way to0 hard to pick up a stack of 2k iron especially since a max iron golem farm produces 16k stacks.
- make jobs give more XP, points, and money as you level up
-hunk hoppers will turn a multi-stack stack of items into one stack so you cant use them in powerful farms
- Stacking spawners.
-Update the in-game wiki (silver help, island limits, etc.)
-block glitches with 1.13+ blocks
-fix broken commands ( /minions /smite /iteminfo ) and some others
-remove information that is irrelevant like the Boss and ancient trials along with any other things that islands doesn't have
-add /setwarp and Marry commands
-incentivize PVP like Olympus ( like a mine or a pirate boss, or pirate ghosts that are skeletons and have PVP enabled in those areas)
-take commands out like /islands go , /back in the PVP that allow others to tp out of PVP
-Farming quests
-More useful jobs shops (Most things in the shop become useless after like 100 hours);
-Remove sponges and shulkers from the silver shop since you can buy them in the regular shop
- If I've missed any pls let me know in the comments

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
<!> please make elytras work
<!> fix glow so that it does the right color
<!> upgrade the season vault to a bigger one like on survival
<!> upgrade /trade to the survival one

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Please fix quests, some of them are broken, or are just ridiculous, such as the taming/breeding quest, or cake quest.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
- Better ways to make money through farming and mining.
- Remove afk-to-win
Heya Nova

So I think we can all agree that no one likes alt2win as it takes away the skill and strategy of the game mode but rather than just saying remove alt2win do you have any suggestions on how? And when you say better ways to make money do you mean like buff the prices of farming and mining to counter those of spawners? or a custom feature related to mining and farming that would be enjoyable and worthwhile to complete?

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
-Update the in-game wiki (silver help, island limits, etc.)
-hunk hoppers will turn a multi-stack stack of items into one stack so you cant use them in powerful farms
-fix broken commands ( /minions /smite /iteminfo ) and some others
Regarding these, I will come check them out in game and see if any can be easily fixed.

-take commands out like /islands go , /back in the PVP that allow others to tp out of PVP
And I will request for these commands to be blocked in pvp <3

Last edited:

NovaDragonYT

QA Team
NovaDragonYT
NovaDragonYT
QA Team
Ratings
20 1
Regarding these, I will come check them out in game and see if any can be easily fixed.

And I will request for these commands to be blocked in pvp <3
thank you sm your amazing cant wait to see.

NovaDragonYT

QA Team
NovaDragonYT
NovaDragonYT
QA Team
Ratings
20 1
Heya Nova

So I think we can all agree that no one likes alt2win as it takes away the skill and strategy of the game mode but rather than just saying remove alt2win do you have any suggestions on how??
that was not my suggestion so I cant really speak on that it was posted in a google forum I had made.

NovaDragonYT

QA Team
NovaDragonYT
NovaDragonYT
QA Team
Ratings
20 1
and the better ways to make make money could be like slayer levels in Aztec and oasis but have it be a PVP zone as well and or like a pvp mine like hades on Olympus but have it pirate themed like only gold and emeralds it could be named like sailors mine or something like that. another thing is to put a sign on the PVP zone that says items drop on death because a lot of newer players don't know and end up losing their stuff.

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
and the better ways to make make money could be like slayer levels in Aztec and oasis but have it be a PVP zone as well and or like a pvp mine like hades on Olympus but have it pirate themed like only gold and emeralds it could be named like sailors mine or something like that. another thing is to put a sign on the PVP zone that says items drop on death because a lot of newer players don't know and end up losing their stuff.
That kinda makes it unfair when players who pay to get a good rank get their kits and then keep killing the players over and over again it could make many players quit the game and i dont like slayers anyways bc of the grinding it takes to get to them and then the reward is pretty boring late game and its hard to get early game.

Last edited:

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
well have the option to go into the one with PVP or the one that doesn't
tru or maybe there is one spot that pvp is enabled and it has the strongest mobs like in the center of dark garden with the igs, but u can get the mobs somewhere else but there is a whole lot less

Last edited:

DylanB_666

Dedicated Member
ELITE
DylanB_666
DylanB_666
ELITE
Ratings
61 4
Heya Nova

So I think we can all agree that no one likes alt2win as it takes away the skill and strategy of the game mode but rather than just saying remove alt2win do you have any suggestions on how? And when you say better ways to make money do you mean like buff the prices of farming and mining to counter those of spawners? or a custom feature related to mining and farming that would be enjoyable and worthwhile to complete?
honestly i think it might be good if the shop had some sort of inflation or deflation system, like for example is something in the shop is being sold lots of for example iron, then the price of iron might go down a bit, however if something hasnt been sold much of on the server then the price of that then might go up.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Not sure if this is an actual bug on islands- but on many of the other gamemodes such as skyblock and survival muted players are unable to create parties/islands. It prompts the user to type the name of their party/island in chat, but if the person tries to type anything in chat that isn't a proper cmd it treats it as a normal message, and won't work- to show how this bug works, I went on Oasis and tried running the cmd to create an island, as you can see in the screenshot below, it returns the "you have been muted" message instead of creating an island. In the past, I've had to get staff/friends on alts to create parties for me and then give me ownership of the party/island. It'd just be a whole lot easier if we didn't have to message a friend or staff every single time we want to make an island or party... this has been a bug since the Skyblock got reset- and I believe I reported it once...? This is NOT to bash the admins, or any of the staff. This is just a friendly REMINDER to the staff that this is still an issue that I feel should be fixed since it's really frustrating for me, and I'm sure it's frustrating for anyone else who is muted on the server.

1611519623433.png

7T7

ELITE
Zeventy7
Zeventy7
ELITE
honestly i think it might be good if the shop had some sort of inflation or deflation system, like for example is something in the shop is being sold lots of for example iron, then the price of iron might go down a bit, however if something hasnt been sold much of on the server then the price of that then might go up.
ew no please dont do this to me it means u have to do maths

switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
Not sure if this is an actual bug on islands- but on many of the other gamemodes such as skyblock and survival muted players are unable to create parties/islands. It prompts the user to type the name of their party/island in chat, but if the person tries to type anything in chat that isn't a proper cmd it treats it as a normal message, and won't work- to show how this bug works, I went on Oasis and tried running the cmd to create an island, as you can see in the screenshot below, it returns the "you have been muted" message instead of creating an island. In the past, I've had to get staff/friends on alts to create parties for me and then give me ownership of the party/island. It'd just be a whole lot easier if we didn't have to message a friend or staff every single time we want to make an island or party... this has been a bug since the Skyblock got reset- and I believe I reported it once...? This is NOT to bash the admins, or any of the staff. This is just a friendly REMINDER to the staff that this is still an issue that I feel should be fixed since it's really frustrating for me, and I'm sure it's frustrating for anyone else who is muted on the server.

View attachment 42957
Shouldn't have gotten muted then.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I can't read, so I don't know if this was answered elsewhere in the comments, but I think that a great way to help prevent alt=win is by having other requirements to levelup. Perhaps this is having a certain amount of mcmmo levels, mob kills, blocks placed, quests completed.. anything that is in /collection or statistics really.
Making afk based farms that produce more money than doing work yourself is also a huge issue. I think infinity chests or any auto sell method, should have something like 80% tax instead of what it is. The economy should focus on you wanting to be playing instead of being afk. Maybe this really just means that /jobs need to produce a lot more money.
Its the same issue on Olympus. Boosters for doing things physically shouldn't be required to make more money than afking at a grinder. And to be honest, I think that if boosters that stack were to replace minions on the webstore, there would be more monetary profit.

More things like slayer where you have to be active to get mana and the rewards would be beneficial as well.
Also, slayer 4 should be a necessity. This is a place where players can get their required mana and items.

Mik

Forum Expert
ELITE
mtb130
mtb130
ELITE
Ratings
193 36
I can't read, so I don't know if this was answered elsewhere in the comments, but I think that a great way to help prevent alt=win is by having other requirements to levelup. Perhaps this is having a certain amount of mcmmo levels, mob kills, blocks placed, quests completed.. anything that is in /collection or statistics really.
Making afk based farms that produce more money than doing work yourself is also a huge issue. I think infinity chests or any auto sell method, should have something like 80% tax instead of what it is. The economy should focus on you wanting to be playing instead of being afk. Maybe this really just means that /jobs need to produce a lot more money.
Its the same issue on Olympus. Boosters for doing things physically shouldn't be required to make more money than afking at a grinder. And to be honest, I think that if boosters that stack were to replace minions on the webstore, there would be more monetary profit.

More things like slayer where you have to be active to get mana and the rewards would be beneficial as well.
Also, slayer 4 should be a necessity. This is a place where players can get their required mana and items.
I totally understand this and have my own entire idea that would make players do other tasks than afking to become better and more wealthy. This idea was for Skyblock but I think it would be cool for islands to have a separate idea to make an actual difference between the game modes