First Name
Ethan

Country or Timezone
United States

Discord username
Java#9251

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I genuinely enjoy helping people out and this would combine both a hobby and something I see as a basic human requirement. Id like to moderate things a little bit differently and see how I could impact survival.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I've played on this spectacular server for 804 hours as of 1/7/20, and started a couple months back.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
4-5 hours a day on weekdays, and 6 - 7 on weekends. In total around 40 or so hours a week give or take.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
As I was sitting here trying to think of what skills I have to help, I look over to my other monitor and see four members fighting over something petty. Its about 11:30 PM and as i'm the highest ranked member online I instinctively reached over and helped them resolve the conflict.

I've done this countless times without even thinking and I believe its not just a skill I've developed, but a habit that I can use to further the community surrounding Manacube.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I like to think a large percent of the Survival staff and members at least know my name, which could help with my credibility as a staff member.

I recently joined the party Hyrule, (which has been a blast). Hyrule is a very well known party in the server and can be associated with many beautiful builds and intricate detail. More importantly, it is known for its respect and helpfulness not to only its own members, but members of many other parties as well.

I am the foreman per-say at my job on a horse farm. I have a good handle on instructing my peers on jobs and have a good understanding of what a person can/cannot handle. I believe I can apply those skills to helping Mana.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
1. My generosity. (Yes, I know it sounds cliche)
Since I joined Mana I've given away hundreds of millions of in game currency with no strings attached to help new members get a good foothold to start their own journey.

2. Being able to understand my peers.
Since I am younger, I can relate better to younger members and help them resolve any possible ethical or personal issues they may come to me with.

3. My personality
I genuinely enjoy helping new, or old members with projects. I simply love the spark I can feel when they make an idea become a reality of sorts. Something about creating someones want makes me happier than them.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
I believe a role of a staff member is to keep the peace per-say, and to make sure there is no one exploiting glitches or hacks to give them an unfair advantage that would put them in front of real hardworking members. I also strongly believe that a staff member can be someone you can go to if you have a probelm, whether it is minecraft related or about school, homework, or homelife. I think staff should be able to relate to all of those things and think that staff on Mana has impacted countless lives, whether they know it or not.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes. Screenshot software other than generic windows as well.

Anything else we should know?
Accepted or rejected, I enjoyed writing this application as it gave me about an hour to reflect on all the good memories I have of Manacube. Just want to say thank you to all the players and staff who inspired me to apply and made my overall experience here very enjoyable.

I believe I would make a good staff member. If you don't think so feel free to tell me why in the comments! Constructive criticism is always welcome with me.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
125 4
Hey Java Elite Unfortunately I have to give you a -1
For the following Reasons......

The requirement for the number of words is 700 you however have 540 words

The requirement of Forum posts are 20 this is your first ever post

Put some more detail into your application, make it seem you want to be a staff member but don't worry this is Easily fixed just Make sure you put for Detail and the Other Requirements and you done...
But I am just a Heads up other Member May tell you the same Just maybe for warning

Good Luck!!
-Comic

Sonic_Raptor

MVP+
MVP
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
MVP+
Ratings
367 10
Hey Java!!!!

What a surprise, I would love to see someone like Java be manacube staff! He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of the survival game mode! Java is always online and is always ready to step in with a quiet word.

However Java as @ThatComicGuy has said you have a couple issues with the application. You currently are below the minimum requirement of words, I would suggest you elaborate on the why you want to become staff and what skills you have.

@JavaElite I wholeheartedly agree with your statement that you are well known within the longtime community however at least when I see you online I think you could stand to be a little more active in chat especially answering questions like "How do I claim" or "How do I make money" these sort of questions show that you pay attention to the little guy in chat and not just chatting to our great friends in Grounded/Nasa or other parties. This sort of activity in my eyes is always welcome and needed as the player base is forever expanding and players need help with our more unique build protection system.

Overall you are a great applicant and I think you have a lot to contribute to Manacube! I think if you fix this application and are consistenly active in chat and on the Manacube discord then you will be a standout applicant. As a heads up the discord takes precedent over the forums and being active there is a huge boon to your chances.

Good luck with your staff application Java I wish you the best!!!

- Raptor

Edit:
Its more of a formality but try reaching 20 posts on the forums to prove you can adequately navigate them and demonstrate that to the staff team! Don't rush to do this and if I were you I'd avoid posting on other staff applications. Some original content in the Survival sub-forum would be great or answering questions when they pop up.

Last edited:

JavaElite

Ratings
Hey, thanks for the reply! I checked my word count before posting and it was 732. The requirement is 700 with questions. As for fourm posts ill get on that right away!

As for Raptor, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed reply! I will try to be more active on the discord starting as soon as possible.

-Java

Last edited:
Ratings
149 6
I would like to just basically outline what @Sonic_Raptor previously mentioned above. Firstly your staff application is currently above the minimum requirement on words but I do feel that you could add some nice detail, you've got some nice points but you still have quite minimal detail/information in your staff application. I highly suggest that you read the staff application requirements found near the 'apply for staff' button that you clicked to get here in the first place as you've got under 20 forum posts which is the minimal requirement for forum activity.

It's great that you're active on the server and I have seen you quite a lot around the place, best of luck! :)
- TheProTroller

x_xBen

ELITE
MVP+
VIP
x_xBen
x_xBen
ELITE
Ratings
Hello Java,

I have been playing Survival for almost two years, and I have to say your application is a little bit of a "cookie cutter" application; it is very dry. Nothing stands out to me on this application. As I have applied numerous times to be staff myself, and seen many applications along the years, the people who review the applications want to see diversity, determination, and who YOU are. Being well-known and active in the Survival scene may or may not help you with this application process, however I recommend you do not mention it in your application. Your three reasons why you should be accepted are, as I have stated earlier, very basic. I would recommend revising this, and possibly applying again in the future once you have built up the application. Thus, I am afraid I have to give this a -1

Best wishes,
x_xBen