Jazz is the best music genre, change my mind.

LunarLuuna!

ELITE
LunarLuuna
LunarLuuna
ELITE
Ratings
I have stated my case, Jazz is the best music. No hardcore guitars. Not loud enough to blow out your eardrums, not depressing in anyway. Only makes you feel more light and easy, atleast for me that is, and hate me if you want, But guess what! Jazz doesn't talk about drugs or violence, haha!

I rest my case.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Not only is no genre superior to any other, but there are many types of jazz, as are there many types of rock, hip-hop, classical, ska, and the list goes on. I don't think it's right to slander other peoples' tastes.

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Everyone will always have different tastes in music than someone else, and that's a good thing!
But instead of saying that your taste in music is 'superior', maybe try and be more open to what other people listen to and why they like it. Although Jazz is a great genre, it doesn't appeal to a lot of people.
And of course, not to forget the greatest meme of all time:

Attachments

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Jazz doesn't talk about drugs or violence
Although current jazz might not talk about drugs and violence like some other genres of music do, it has a huge history with the mob, prohibition, corruption, drug use, and civil disobedience. So, I'd say it's responsible for more trouble than most other genres. But oh man do I love me some jazz!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Although current jazz might not talk about drugs and violence like some other genres of music do, it has a huge history with the mob, prohibition, corruption, drug use, and civil disobedience. So, I'd say it's responsible for more trouble than most other genres. But oh man do I love me some jazz!
You raise an interesting point here, not something I thought of right away. But think about other common genres.

What well-known genre hasn't invoked controversy and civil disobedience? The classical renaissance era. Jazz and ragtime. Rock-and-roll in the 50s. Psychedelic, pro-peace music in the 60s. Anti-establishment punk rock in the 70s and 80s. New-wave music, pioneered by Brian Eno, in the same decade. Hip-hop in the nineties.

Music is so fascinating, so vastly important, and so inherently controversial that you can hardly say a genre has caused more trouble than others. Not to mention that, in the case of early 20th century jazz and rnb, the controversy was not the music itself but that Black people were being heard and respected. White folks couldn't stand to see Black singers, especially Black women, pulling any kind of crowd.

As with all of those genres, the music itself is not responsible for controversy (well, maybe punk rock...) - it's an adversity towards change and progression in music.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
You raise an interesting point here, not something I thought of right away. But think about other common genres.

What well-known genre hasn't invoked controversy and civil disobedience? The classical renaissance era. Jazz and ragtime. Rock-and-roll in the 50s. Psychedelic, pro-peace music in the 60s. Anti-establishment punk rock in the 70s and 80s. New-wave music, pioneered by Brian Eno, in the same decade. Hip-hop in the nineties.

Music is so fascinating, so vastly important, and so inherently controversial that you can hardly say a genre has caused more trouble than others. Not to mention that, in the case of early 20th century jazz and rnb, the controversy was not the music itself but that Black people were being heard and respected. White folks couldn't stand to see Black singers, especially Black women, pulling any kind of crowd.

As with all of those genres, the music itself is not responsible for controversy (well, maybe punk rock...) - it's an adversity towards change and progression in music.
Well done, couldn't have said it better.

lokiio

VIP
VIP
Ratings
The only good jazz is Rasputin Jazz, change my mind.