Jobs Info! What's your favorite job?

What's your favorite job on skyblock? - Info Below!

• Total voters

skisam

skisam
skisam
Ratings
Hi All,

I recently just joined forums and i'm excited to see what comes out of it!

(✹) As my first post I wanted to talk a little about jobs, I haven't seen a lot about this on here so why not give some more info!
- Also, what do you think is the best job? Feel free to answer in the poll.

(✹) Jobs in skyblock can be accessed with /jobs! Select job(s) 1st when making an island! You can select 3 at a time. With the new realm coming close, I'm just making a refresher to you of what my opinions with them are!

(✹) I am going by my favorite to least in money wise/effort wise. These are also in my opinion. You of course don't have to go in order with these.

Fishing :mc_346-0:
This is by far the best job in my opinion. With the custom fish plugin mixing with the mcmmo, creates a perfect balance through money and work, it is also one of the best starting jobs, I'll tell you why. In my experience. Fishing with a normal rod for about 10 minutes, gets me about 4-5k, give or take. This is why it's very good for starting cash, and trust me, this is a lifesaver. NOTE: You can't afk fish/try to due to the mcmmo plugin that lets you only get 3 fish per pond continuously.

Mining :mc_278-0:
Again, this is one my favorite jobs, great leveling system, and my far the most used job, according to Aztec with currently 1311 people. This is also a good mix between the too, my only concern for this job is the money/leveling. After 1 hour of mining at my 3 block cobble gen, I only got to level 5, it isint too bad but not good either. With the jobs system, its hard to earn money at the first couple level of mining because you only get about 20 dollars per payout. Granted, that does add up, but when you get to the higher level, to only increased to about 42 at level 8. NOTE: it takes AWHILE to get to level 8. Overall still, a very good starting job.

Hunter :mc_276-0:
This is also another great job for money, you level up VERY fast with this job equipped. BUT, this is not a job for starting out. When you start an island, not a lot of mobs will be spawning, wait to equip this job when you make or can find a blaze/mob grinder. This will be very useful. Not to mention XP for /enchants. In terms of money, this job is decent for it, but again, make sure you have a mob grinder. This job is pretty self explanatory so on to the next one.

Farming :mc_293-0:
This is a very good starting job, BUT requires a lot of patience, starting in skyblock, bone meal is very helpful, as it speeds up farming crops instantly, but on manacube, 32 bones are 200$, which is a lot for starting on the first couple of days. But 200$ for 96 bonemeal is pretty decent. As you progress in skyblock, this job is not going to be necessary mid game, as you will probably have some better way of earning money like spawners. I take the route of grinding, so I don't usually take the farming route until a couple days in, but this is a very popular job, some perks about this is decent money, this can be used for bone meal I didn't include the taming animals part of this job simple because a large majority of users on skyblock don't tame.

Woodcutter:mc_279-0:
This is one of those jobs thats iffy. Don't get me wrong, very good starting skyblock job, but this is a very time consuming job. Planting, growing, harvest gets hard. Also, you arent going to need this job that much due to the economy of the server and farming is a way better route. Sadly, this job gives very little money in the shop, with a disappointing 70$ per 32 logs. BUT, there are some tips I can show you to make this better for you! With the mcmmo plugin comes with a Tree Feller perk. Meaning, you can cut a whole tree down in 2 seconds. Simply right click your axe and when it says "YOU READY YOUR AXE" simply cut the bottom log and boom! There's more, you typically see the normal small tree's you see from your island, but sometimes you see those huge trees towering over you, which can be great for the money aspect, BUT, there is a way to get those huge trees 100% of the time simply place your sapling, and build 2 blocks up in the corner block of the sapling, on the 2nd block up, place a glass block. If you dont understand what I just said, here's an example:
tree.png

Digger :mc_277-0:
It might seem like this job is very good, which it is when starting out to expand your island, but you're not going to need this for long. I tried to see if it worked with my cobble gen since the description of it reads, "Earn money from digging the world", but I didnt seem to get money out of this. I think this only refers to mining the starting dirt of your island. Correct me on this because I'm not 100% about this. This is one of the worst ones because you don't need it for long, AT ALL. and barely gives money. If you are planning to use this, only use it for mining out your island at the beginning.

Crafter :mc_58-0:
This job is good for any point in a skyblock island, but I do not recommended using it for your whole skyblock adventure. Even though you do get money from crafting anything, you barely get much. To you crafters out there with this job, I'm not sure if you get more money the more valuable something is, from a furnace to a diamond block, I'm not sure. It's one of those jobs that I would use if it was buffed in terms of leveling and money. In my days of playing, skyblock, I've seen nobody in chat hit a level milestone with it. If you love crafting, select this job, if you are a miner/farmer, then don't select this for your own good.

Weaponsmith:mc_145-0:
We are on our last 3 jobs, also these one's are the 3 least used jobs on the Aztec skyblock realm. These are pretty obvious, This weaponsmith job is used for crafting and repairing weapons, it can be used for all skyblock times, but it's not that good because a lot of people use the mcmmo repair skill. It's a lot better and I suggest you watch this video for more info:
- Please don't select this job because of the mcmmo aspect, and there are a lot better jobs for money :)

Enchanter :mc_116-0:
This job can be used whenever, but don't select is 24/7, you're only going to be enchanting for a couple seconds to a minute, don't waste that extra slot. If you are in a stage of getting ready to grind mobs, or pvp, then select this, but I dought that's going to be for a long time. There's no point in getting money from it when you can sell the mobs drops you get from killing the mobs before you got the xp.

Brewer :mc_437-0:
The last job, also the least used on the Aztec server. With only 21 workers on it the day i'm writing this. First of all, you only really need this for pvp, if you're a hardcore brewer, then use it, but most people forget to even select the job when brewing, but this is very time consuming. You don't need the money from it because by this point, you should already have enough money to buy materials for brewing, which is more than you'll actually earn from the job. Please don't use this job. Also, you can get free speed potions from some of the quests (/q).

I hope you enjoyed looking/reading through my first forum post. It was kinda fun lol, but took some time! Let me know what I should write about next, and what you want to see. Cya​

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Damn this was very detailed!! To new players, some of them would have no idea what these jobs do. Thank you for the detailed explanation of the possible jobs to pick and for taking time out of your day!! I chose farmer because I like to farm.... lmao
You're first post is great and I hope to read more from you xD

skisam

skisam
skisam
Ratings
Damn this was very detailed!! To new players, some of them would have no idea what these jobs do. Thank you for the detailed explanation of the possible jobs to pick and for taking time out of your day!! I chose farmer because I like to farm.... lmao
You're first post is great and I hope to read more from you xD
Thank you so much for the feedback!