Rejected Jukebox - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotelsex

Clean_and_sober
Clean_and_sober
Ratings
  • Travel through along the wires, cogs and circuit boards in my jukebox!
  • Username: foepgames2
  • Map name: Jukebox
  • Photos of your Parkour: see below
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it -88;-96
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane): Medium (although ive been told it could pass for a hard map with ease)
  • Number of jumps (Optional): 40-50
    2020-06-04_21.31.27.png
    2020-06-05_13.01.52.png
  • 2020-06-04_21.46.20.png
    2020-06-04_21.30.43.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Hotelsex

Clean_and_sober
Clean_and_sober
Ratings
This map looks REALLY cool. However, I don't think the topic is original.
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad you think it looks cool. I tried to find a map w/ a similar name to this, as I cant access all maps at the moment. I have resorted to a google document but I wasnt able to find anything called jukebox or similar on there. Maybe I read over it :S. Anyway as I said thank you for the feedback :)

Aztec

Dedicated Member
MVP
AztecYT
AztecYT
MVP
Ratings
38 3
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad you think it looks cool. I tried to find a map w/ a similar name to this, as I cant access all maps at the moment. I have resorted to a google document but I wasnt able to find anything called jukebox or similar on there. Maybe I read over it :S. Anyway as I said thank you for the feedback :)
I could have sworn it was done before, however, I made my comment without checking. It looks REALLY good.

Hotelsex

Clean_and_sober
Clean_and_sober
Ratings
Also, what's up with the optional jumps? Are you able to skip some? Does the pathway split?
The entire course is linear. I added a small path to the right that gets you back up on the track should you fall on the bottom cog and get lost. (Update: This has now been removed and replaced by an additional checkpoint.) There are a small amount of jumps that can be skipped by an experienced parkourist but they dont lead to a different pathway. Its impossible to hop onto the terrain and skip huge sections of the map as far as I know. and where this used to be possible I have blocked off those skips.
2020-06-05_10.20.43.png

2020-06-05_10.24.34.png

Last edited:

Aztec

Dedicated Member
MVP
AztecYT
AztecYT
MVP
Ratings
38 3
The entire course is linear. I added a small path to the right that gets you back up on the track should you fall on the bottom cog and get lost. There are a small amount of jumps that can be skipped by an experienced parkourist but they dont lead to a different pathway. Its impossible to hop onto the terrain and skip huge sections of the map as far as I know. and where this used to be possible I have blocked off those skips.
View attachment 29342
View attachment 29343
I will get on now and play the map.

Aztec

Dedicated Member
MVP
AztecYT
AztecYT
MVP
Ratings
38 3
I have played this map multiple times and will update it as the map progresses through the construction phase.

The Good
-The map is very fun to play.
-You can always tell where to go. You are almost never in a situation where you are wondering where to go.
-On a similar topic, there are no unexpected barriers. You are never in a situation where you make a jump, thinking it is correct and hit an unexpected barrier.
-The build is really good, you can tell that a lot of time has been put into making the jukebox and the parkour inside it. It feels correct and pleasing to look at.
-Arrows are situated around the map to help guide you towards the next area. This helps a lot and is put into the map in a way that makes it feel like they were meant to be there.

The Not So Good :/
-The jump variety is very short, there are only fence jumps, ladder jumps, and plain block jumps. The creator has said he would add more so I will check later and change this if he has.
-In some parts, the map feels a bit too easy and large sections of the map can be beaten easily.

Hotelsex

Clean_and_sober
Clean_and_sober
Ratings
I have played this map multiple times and will update it as the map progresses through the construction phase.

The Good
-You can always tell where to go. You are almost never in a situation where you are wondering where to go.
-On a similar topic, there are no unexpected barriers. You are never in a situation where you make a jump, thinking it is correct and hit an unexpected barrier.
-The build is really good, you can tell that a lot of time has been put into making the jukebox and the parkour inside it. It feels correct and pleasing to look at.
-Arrows are situated around the map to help guide you towards the next area. This helps a lot and is put into the map in a way that makes it feel like they were meant to be there.

-The jump variety is very short, there are only fence jumps, ladder jumps, and plain block jumps. The creator has said he would add more so I will check later and change this if he has.
-In some parts, the map feels a bit too easy and large sections of the map can be beaten easily.
Thank you for your final review!

I have updated my parkour according to the points you gave and have included more jumps that vary. I have added heads, trapdoors and slimejumps along with making some jumps harder or extending the parkour slightly where needed.

Below I have added screenshots of these jumps.

2020-06-05_13.15.57.png

2020-06-05_13.15.46.png
2020-06-05_13.10.42.png

I hope these edits will make a more enjoyable and challenging parkour for you!

Aztec

Dedicated Member
MVP
AztecYT
AztecYT
MVP
Ratings
38 3
Thank you for your final review!

I have updated my parkour according to the points you gave and have included more jumps that vary. I have added heads, trapdoors and slimejumps along with making some jumps harder or extending the parkour slightly where needed.

Below I have added screenshots of these jumps.

View attachment 29348
View attachment 29350 View attachment 29349

I hope these edits will make a more enjoyable and challenging parkour for you!
Looks good, I will give it another playthrough and update my review.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Using the theme of giant minecraft blocks is considered very unoriginal and these types of maps never get accepted. However, you do put a unique twist on the theme, and it is much more high effort than other maps with the same theme, mainly because the build is very well done, and I haven't seen a map that explores the insides of a machine, other than a computer map. It will be interesting to see what the judges think of this.

The parkour needs work on the variation however. If you need inspiration, use /warp beta and comparing the diversity of your parkour to the diversity of those maps. Other than that, the difficulty was spot on. Good luck!

Aztec

Dedicated Member
MVP
AztecYT
AztecYT
MVP
Ratings
38 3

The Good

The Good

-The problem with the map variety has been solved with the use of trapdoor jumps, slime block jumps, head jumps, plus the previous jump types.
-The difficulty has also been improved and is a lot more consistent with other maps in the normal difficulty.

Hotelsex

Clean_and_sober
Clean_and_sober
Ratings
Using the theme of giant minecraft blocks is considered very unoriginal and these types of maps never get accepted. However, you do put a unique twist on the theme, and it is much more high effort than other maps with the same theme, mainly because the build is very well done, and I haven't seen a map that explores the insides of a machine, other than a computer map. It will be interesting to see what the judges think of this.

The parkour needs work on the variation however. If you need inspiration, use /warp beta and comparing the diversity of your parkour to the diversity of those maps. Other than that, the difficulty was spot on. Good luck!
Thank you for your kind comments! Ill be sure to visit /warp beta and have a look :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey foepgames2,

It pains me to have to tell you that I will be REJECTING your map.
  • Theme: Although we currently don't have any "Jukebox" themed maps on the server, we have an over-abundance of maps themed after MC blocks. Some of these being: Cake, Bookshelves, CactusPK, DeadBush, SeaLantern, Torches, Piston, Enchanted, MegaBlocks, Redstone. Hence, why I don't think this is an originally themed map. You should procure to check the previously made maps ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit ) and over-used themes so that you make a map that's original and creative.
  • Build: The build is fairly decent. Although I'm not a huge fan of the exterior, the interior is pretty good. I appreciate the detailed gears, cables, and box in the inside. I can definitely see the effort you put into the map. I'd just suggest you work on the exterior as it's rather flat in looks and shape and on the parkour integration (as a majority of the jumps are floating).
  • Parkour: The PK length and difficulty do fit the medium difficulty, I couldn't see it being a hard map. Although you fit that criteria, the parkour has a big problem: variety. There was a clear lack of variation when it came down to the jumps/blocks used for the parkour. You used a lot of heads, ladders, and normal block to block jumps. Make sure to be as creative as you can so that the parkour is enjoyable.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.