harrisongamez

_harrison
_harrison
Ratings
Username - harrisongamez
Map Name - Jungle
Plot ID - -24;-106
Difficulty - Medium
I hope you find this one better than my biomes submission.
2020-08-06_16.52.29.png
2020-08-06_16.52.47.png

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
I want to start off by saying the build is pretty good. The theme isn't really original, but the build is solid for the most part. The block palate isn't very consistent throughout with respect to the diorite (or whatever it is), since there's a lot just floating and it makes the build look a little disorganized and formless.

The parkour feels monotonous and simple, since there are only really normal block jumps, a few 1 block neos and a ladder tower. Second, the parkour difficulty feels more like an easy map, a lot of which is due to this simplicity. The map's length also fits more into an easy map lengthwise, coming in at a few under 40 jumps.

All in all, here are the things I would fix:
  • Work on the build
    • Add more detail and varying blocks
    • Make the floating pk feel a little more intentional
    • Work on the shape/flow overall
  • Work on the parkour
    • Add more varying jumps (ice, soul sand, flower pots, walls, fences, ladders, trapdoors, stairs, etc.)
    • Re-Submit the map as an easy map, since it both feels like an easy map and falls into the length of an easy map
      • If you really want it to be a medium map, I'd recommend that you make it a little tougher and add 10ish jumps

Despite all these things you could improve upon, however, this is a pretty solid map and I can tell you worked hard on it because you did a great job.

Keep at it!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey harrisongamez,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of jungle-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. For starters, it's not original or inventive at all. It's just a couple of regular looking jungle trees on floating grass. Then, there were issues with the map's actual look aesthetically. It's not attractive, but bland and cluttered. The blandness being due to how you just put a couple of trees and called it a day and the clutteredness being due to how poorly integrated the parkour was into the build. And, the block choices for the parkour were not the most visually pleasingg given how distinct the one's the actual build is made out of are.
  • Parkour: The parkour felt too easy for the medium difficulty and it was a little too short for it. If anything, this is better off being an easy map. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be quite boring as you utilized the same block/jumps for most of it. It was basically the same simple andesite jumps throughout and then consecutive ladder jumps. This isn't fun to do. We want you to use a variety of jumps/blocks so that your parkour is both varied technically and visually.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.