k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
An anime map? Shinx would be so proud....

Anywho, I'm giving this a +1. The theme is original, although maybe not entirely due to the anime portion. The build is very nice and detailed, although the parkour seems to revolve mostly around fences, so maybe add more varied jumps.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
An anime map? Shinx would be so proud....

Anywho, I'm giving this a +1. The theme is original, although maybe not entirely due to the anime portion. The build is very nice and detailed, although the parkour seems to revolve mostly around fences, so maybe add more varied jumps.

I wish you the best of luck! <3
Yeah, I was thinking about adding some parkour to the rock walls to diversify the parkour and make the map medium instead, I haven't decided quite yet. Thank you!

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm not a fan of this one... here's why:
  • All of the trees are default trees
  • The terrain does not look good
  • The springs are very low-effort
  • The map just feels very flat and undetailed
The jumps are fine, nothing to ride home about, but nothing to complain about... The map just looks bad.
For now it's a -1, but here's some tips on how to improve:
  • Make custom trees.
  • Remake the terrain to be more realistic
  • Add foliage and elevation change to the ground
  • Decorate the springs in a way that makes them look like springs
Good luck with your map submission, though.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
I'm not a fan of this one... here's why:
  • All of the trees are default trees
  • The terrain does not look good
  • The springs are very low-effort
  • The map just feels very flat and undetailed
The jumps are fine, nothing to ride home about, but nothing to complain about... The map just looks bad.
For now it's a -1, but here's some tips on how to improve:
  • Make custom trees.
  • Remake the terrain to be more realistic
  • Add foliage and elevation change to the ground
  • Decorate the springs in a way that makes them look like springs
Good luck with your map submission, though.
1. The trees are custom, don't you see the cherry blossom ones? And spruce/birch trees are the actual trees portrayed in Jusenkyo.
2. That's how the terrain is in the anime. It's a halfpipe-like canyon area.
3. They're just straight poles in the anime, again it's an accuracy thing
4. Fair enough, I can try to add a bit more details

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
The trees are a very loose definition of custom. It looks like you took //replace leaves pink_stained_glass,pink_stained_glass_panes,pink_wool to regular birch and spruce trees. By custom trees I mean custom trunk, branches, etc.

Regardless of how the terrain is in the anime, it could use some work.

The poles are fine, it's just the decor of the springs that bothers me... they look more like puddles than springs.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
The trees are a very loose definition of custom. It looks like you took //replace leaves pink_stained_glass,pink_stained_glass_panes,pink_wool to regular birch and spruce trees. By custom trees I mean custom trunk, branches, etc.

Regardless of how the terrain is in the anime, it could use some work.

The poles are fine, it's just the decor of the springs that bothers me... they look more like puddles than springs.
I can work on the trees/terrain I suppose, but there's not much I can change whilst keeping it accurate.
Dumb me thought you meant springs as in bouncy springs which I translated to poles, yeah I can work on the springs lol

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi MCBYT,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme could be original, since there is no maps with the same theme (I should watch Ranma 1/2 one day..), but it's not totally original since it's still looks like a garden/ravine map (pretty similar to "RavineVillage" in my opinion), so be careful next time. The build could be better, I will agree with Dubinzi for the trees, most of them looks like basic Minecraft trees (it's not because your changed the blocks with worldedit than the shape of the trees change), and the ground looks pretty plain, more detail would be good. The parkour could be better too, it's varied, but still feel a bit repetitive (there is a lot of fence compared to the rest in my opinion),I found the map too hard for an easy too, but too short for a medium.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.