just a quick question

Ratings
15 4
What are the real odds for the god gifts?some people are saying its 50% chance in 5k blocks which would make me have a 1 in 1024 chance of not getting it (I'm on 50k blocks mined since my last one) and some people say its guaranteed every 10k blocks which still i should have at least 5

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
“ God Gifts are summoned while mining in the mines. Every 5000 blocks you mine, there is a 50% chance a Gift will spawn.
Gifts have a 70% chance @ common loot, 20% chance @ rare loot, and 10% chance @ Legendary loot.”

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I believe it’s been changed to every 10k blocks as we discussed 5,000 would be too common especially further on in the season, but I’ve noticed when you’ve mined around 20,000 blocks you get rewards less. I believe this is purely down to a bug, which is understandable as it’s a fairly new addition, and the reset was very recently.

I don’t think there’s a chance of one spawning, I’m pretty sure it’s guaranteed you’ll get one every 10,000 blocks you mine, but the rewards inside the chest have different rarities and chances of spawning as @Anxii_ said above.

I understand the frustration though, but please do understand that these additions are new and that there likely will be problems with them, especially in the near future. If you do experience any bugs/issues/glitches, please report them to a member of staff or submit a thread here (Report a Bug). If you experience any issues, get as much proof as possible and submit a support ticket (here), and staff will deal with it when they can.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I don’t think there’s a chance of one spawning, I’m pretty sure it’s guaranteed you’ll get one every 10,000 blocks you mine, but the rewards inside the chest have different rarities and chances of spawning as Anxii_ said above.
A complete misunderstanding on my part! I believe this was discussed, but was changed to what is written in the forum post, as Anxi said. There’s still a lot of confusion surrounding this, and a lot of bugs that’ll need to be worked out with a lot of the new additions, so far though this seems to be the most reported one, along with the enchantments.