Rejected Kaleidoscope- Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
This is a good and fun map.
The thing is, I believe there are other rainbow maps and this might not be original, but the half black and white and rainbow is cool.
The parkour has a good variety of jumps and I enjoyed playing it.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately, your map submission has been REJECTED. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme is original as we do not have any Kaleidoscope-themed maps - nice job on picking a unique and original theme!
Build: The build was lacking in my opinion. Looking at it, the build wasn't accurate to the theme as it did not resemble a kaleidoscope but rather a rainbow with a cloud (there are already rainbow/cloud themed maps like 3Rainbows, Clouds, etc). Try to make your build into more what a kaleidoscope looks like to have a higher chance of acceptance. To add on, having a "main build" that matches your theme also cleans up a lot of the problems I had with the parkour, so keep that in mind.
Parkour: The parkour did fit the difficulty and length of an EASY map, so nice job there. However, the parkour was pretty repetitive - you did include a slime jump and a brewing stand jump, but most of the parkour was just blocks and fences. Try to spice it up a bit more with ice, heads, lily pads, water, flower pots, etc. to keep it interesting throughout the map. Also, the map looked pretty messy due to the amount of floating parkour, which is a consequence of not having a main build that your parkour is incorporated into/on.

I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.