Kitpvp feedback and idea /welcome command

Beau

ELITE
Beaauuu
Beaauuu
ELITE
Ratings
hello dear staff and playerbase of kitpvp,

recently I started playing kitpvp and when someone joins the server people can type /welcome to welcome players and recieve 75$ ingame cash.
But the issue here is that a lot of people use this command and it fills chat so much aspecially on a busy hour. So why not change it into this:
when a player does /welcome instead of putting the message in the kitpvp chat, it should be whispered to them or something like a /w or /msg command. This way chat stays a bit more clear cause now it is so damn unreadable sometimes.!

Hopefully this gets read and replied to, if people think this would be a cool idea then upvote this or whatever!
Thanks for reading <3

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
I can see where you're coming from in this suggestion, however, the reason it's effective is because it's through global chat.

The point of the system is to try and engage interaction with new players to attempt to encourage higher player retention. The fact that it's through the global chat allows people to interact more rather than whispering to someone who then has to whisper to respond which increases friction.

If you'd rather just filter this you can use chat filters using Lunar Client to filter messages containing the word "Welcome" for example.

While it's slightly higher quality for the chat from the perspective of regular gamers, it would be slightly detrimental to player retention.

<3

bestgaming

ELITE
bestgaming
bestgaming
ELITE
Ratings
10 1
I honestly don't agree. It make's a player feel some type of way knowing they are publicly welcomed into a server. I feel like if it was whispered, it wouldn't feel real, almost like a bot is saying it to me.