Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
KitPvP Community,

I decided to write this post because as I'm sure most of you, the KitPvP community, would agree that the addition of the "Infected" event was a fantastic update! It's truly been one of the most fun and interesting events to participate in and honestly, credit where credit is due. I've really enjoyed playing it and creating new strategies to attempt to live longer and generate the most points. With that being said I do think there are a few quality-of-life improvements that could be made to better the gamemode for both the survivors and the infected players.

Firstly, the map itself has an issue with doors, people can abuse these doors which makes the game unfairly biased towards the last player standing. I would simply suggest changing the doors on the map to iron doors so that players can't interact with them at all because although the event is cancelled by WorldGuard it does not cancel it fast enough and players can still abuse their way into these small places. If these doors were changed to iron doors this would prevent this issue and I think increase the balance of the game, especially throughout the later stages of the game.

Secondly, the balance of the game is severely affected by AFK infected players, if multiple people decided that being infected sucks and just AFK, not only do they become free points for those as survivors but they also remove a player from attacking the already stacked players, which makes surviving vastly easier and vastly more frustrating for the infected players. My suggestion here would be to kick AFK gamers from the event and then rebalance the gear accordingly.

Moving onto a slightly more interesting point, I do feel that survivor's golden apples should stack when the gear is upgraded, if you've been skilled enough to not need your golden apple then you should be rewarded by receiving another one. I generally think the balance of the game has been pretty well designed but can certainly see how this small improvement could help the survivors have a better chance at lasting the full time of the event.

Following on from my point above, I am slightly concerned that the survivors quite literally never last till the end of the event, I know this should be challenging but it would be nice to see the infected players win sometimes and the survivors win others and I certainly think with the tweak to golden apples above this could be achieved.

Finally, I would like to see the point system adjusted slightly, my first change to the point system would be that the points go to the player with the most damage for the kill, rather than the player that dealt the last hit as a lot of luck comes into the last hit rather than skill and I feel that this change would make actually doing well in a fight reward you more than just randomly walking in swinging and randomly getting the last swing.

Another change I'd like to see to the points system is that of the person who starts infected, I actually recently had one of my best games of infected as the first infected person killing 8 survivors, I still came in 11th place making it quite lierally impossible for the first infected player to ever do well or even win, therefore, I think the balance of the points when it comes tothe first infected player killing survivors needs a buff, I know the intention is always going to be survivors should win but it does make you feel as if you're wasting your time even playing when you're selected as the infected player first. You should be able to win as the first infected player if the infected team beats the survivors before the time is up, because in theory your team has won.

I'd be really interested on the community's opinions across this post but certainly would love to see some of these changes implemented.

@AlexMl - I know you also love feedback when it comes to infected and again I want to stress what an amazing addition to KitPvP this was! Thank you.

Beau

ELITE
Beaauuu
Beaauuu
ELITE
Ratings
very well written and thought out points, I have the exact same feelings about these changes. Aspecially the last hit kill for the points one, it is super unfair to almost kill an infected just for someone to tap them once and steal all the points leaving you with low hp and no W.

hope we can see improvements soon and bug fixes :)

MrSp33dyNL

PATRON
MrSp33dyNL
MrSp33dyNL
Patron
Ratings
6 1
I agree alot what you're saying.
Although i have some improvements here:
1. Add a Map Voting System.
2. If there's enough players playing the infected gamemode, add 4th and 5th prices, maybe lil money/mana for participating the event.
3. Map testing.
4. Add death barriers where people can boost them selves up to get to higher places/out of map.

Last edited:

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
2. If there's enough players playing the infected gamemode, add 4th and 5th prices
3. Map testing.
4. Add death barriers where people can boost them selves up to get to higher places/out of map.
I can certainly see the benefits of having multiple maps for more interaction being a nice change.

I equally like the idea of adding a 4th & 5th prize when the gamemode has as many people join it as it sometimes does. I think that makes it more plausible to actually win something, even if it is only money or mana instead of a key, I think it's a good recognition when so many players are participating in the event.

I also agree that in the event of new maps being added allowing a few players just to run around and try and abuse it would be beneficial to ensure that we don't end up with exploits such as the current door issue throughout other maps as I must say that the moment that does make the game much less fun as you're trying to randomly hit someone through a door.

I'm not sure if I fully agree with allowing people to jump high to escape but I would be interested in opinions regarding it.

bestgaming

ELITE
bestgaming
bestgaming
ELITE
Ratings
10 1
KitPvP Community,

I decided to write this post because as I'm sure most of you, the KitPvP community, would agree that the addition of the "Infected" event was a fantastic update! It's truly been one of the most fun and interesting events to participate in and honestly, credit where credit is due. I've really enjoyed playing it and creating new strategies to attempt to live longer and generate the most points. With that being said I do think there are a few quality-of-life improvements that could be made to better the gamemode for both the survivors and the infected players.

Firstly, the map itself has an issue with doors, people can abuse these doors which makes the game unfairly biased towards the last player standing. I would simply suggest changing the doors on the map to iron doors so that players can't interact with them at all because although the event is cancelled by WorldGuard it does not cancel it fast enough and players can still abuse their way into these small places. If these doors were changed to iron doors this would prevent this issue and I think increase the balance of the game, especially throughout the later stages of the game.

Secondly, the balance of the game is severely affected by AFK infected players, if multiple people decided that being infected sucks and just AFK, not only do they become free points for those as survivors but they also remove a player from attacking the already stacked players, which makes surviving vastly easier and vastly more frustrating for the infected players. My suggestion here would be to kick AFK gamers from the event and then rebalance the gear accordingly.

Moving onto a slightly more interesting point, I do feel that survivor's golden apples should stack when the gear is upgraded, if you've been skilled enough to not need your golden apple then you should be rewarded by receiving another one. I generally think the balance of the game has been pretty well designed but can certainly see how this small improvement could help the survivors have a better chance at lasting the full time of the event.

Following on from my point above, I am slightly concerned that the survivors quite literally never last till the end of the event, I know this should be challenging but it would be nice to see the infected players win sometimes and the survivors win others and I certainly think with the tweak to golden apples above this could be achieved.

Finally, I would like to see the point system adjusted slightly, my first change to the point system would be that the points go to the player with the most damage for the kill, rather than the player that dealt the last hit as a lot of luck comes into the last hit rather than skill and I feel that this change would make actually doing well in a fight reward you more than just randomly walking in swinging and randomly getting the last swing.

Another change I'd like to see to the points system is that of the person who starts infected, I actually recently had one of my best games of infected as the first infected person killing 8 survivors, I still came in 11th place making it quite lierally impossible for the first infected player to ever do well or even win, therefore, I think the balance of the points when it comes tothe first infected player killing survivors needs a buff, I know the intention is always going to be survivors should win but it does make you feel as if you're wasting your time even playing when you're selected as the infected player first. You should be able to win as the first infected player if the infected team beats the survivors before the time is up, because in theory your team has won.

I'd be really interested on the community's opinions across this post but certainly would love to see some of these changes implemented.

@AlexMl - I know you also love feedback when it comes to infected and again I want to stress what an amazing addition to KitPvP this was! Thank you.
Every point you made is something everyone should agree on. It would be great to see these small implementations into the infected game mode, as it would have a big impact on how players play on both sides. I think the first infected player should receive a small buff to their loadout. Before the match starts, you have a good understanding of how the whole match is going to play out. In the beginning of the match, it always starts with the survivors attacking the infected. The infected are literally running from the survivors, when it should be the complete opposite. Then, the survivors split up because it gets a little repetitive just killing the same person again, and on top of that, they are not even rewarded for it because they did not get the last hit. Some players want to even it out and die on purpose, but that is rare, and the rest die because they did not stay with the group and want to fight it out themselves. That's how the infection starts. It's a great mode, I love it and I will join it whenever I have the chance. But you just know what's going to happen; I have never seen the survivors win. I really like the point you made about that.

camon

ELITE
camon
camon
ELITE
Ratings
31 10
KitPvP Community,

hevent been able to play but i like the time you put into this good work !!!

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
Every point you made is something everyone should agree on. It would be great to see these small implementations into the infected game mode, as it would have a big impact on how players play on both sides. I think the first infected player should receive a small buff to their loadout. Before the match starts, you have a good understanding of how the whole match is going to play out. In the beginning of the match, it always starts with the survivors attacking the infected. The infected are literally running from the survivors, when it should be the complete opposite. Then, the survivors split up because it gets a little repetitive just killing the same person again, and on top of that, they are not even rewarded for it because they did not get the last hit. Some players want to even it out and die on purpose, but that is rare, and the rest die because they did not stay with the group and want to fight it out themselves. That's how the infection starts. It's a great mode, I love it and I will join it whenever I have the chance. But you just know what's going to happen; I have never seen the survivors win. I really like the point you made about that.
Thanks for the feedback!

Appreciate you <3

hevent been able to play but i like the time you put into this good work !!!
100% recommend giving it a go, really fun gamemode, it just needs a few tweaks!!!

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
Looking at the door issue, I've seen a couple players do it so I do agree on where the doors could be replaced with another block. AFK detection would also be a good quality of life change for Infected players as well.

I see that you mentioned Survivors rarely win the event. Would adding a limit on how many players can join the event (therefore, resulting in less Infected near the end of the game) relieve the issue of it being too challenging for Survivors to win? It would take more work to split players into multiple lobbies to prevent too many Infected near the end, but would make it slightly easier for Survivors later on.

The point system could also be changed too so the first Infected has a better chance of winning, as the current system does favour the last few Survivors over the first few Infected.

camon

ELITE
camon
camon
ELITE
Ratings
31 10
Looking at the door issue, I've seen a couple players do it so I do agree on where the doors could be replaced with another block. AFK detection would also be a good quality of life change for Infected players as well.

I see that you mentioned Survivors rarely win the event. Would adding a limit on how many players can join the event (therefore, resulting in less Infected near the end of the game) relieve the issue of it being too challenging for Survivors to win? It would take more work to split players into multiple lobbies to prevent too many Infected near the end, but would make it slightly easier for Survivors later on.

The point system could also be changed too so the first Infected has a better chance of winning, as the current system does favour the last few Survivors over the first few Infected.
why not decrease the time you have to survive a touch or buff the sword the survivors have

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
why not decrease the time you have to survive a touch or buff the sword the survivors have
Would also be a viable option as well to decrease the time needed to survive. Personally don't think extra damage/enchants would work on the sword (especially if there's a pile of over 20 infected on top of you already) unless it's knockback, but Knockback would also make it harder to obtain kills as well

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1

It's an interesting idea to have a limit and split the lobby into multiple games, my only concern would be that games might have too few people when it's near a borderline value which could reduce the quality of the games, but it would certainly be interesting to see if this made an improvement.

Would also be a viable option as well to decrease the time needed to survive. Personally don't think extra damage/enchants would work on the sword (especially if there's a pile of over 20 infected on top of you already) unless it's knockback, but Knockback would also make it harder to obtain kills as well
I do agree that more enchants or editing the damage is not the answer as I think the balance is pretty good. However, I'd rather stay away from decreasing the time to survive as I think the current length is a good goal for event length, I'd rather find ways to help the survivors have a better chance at winning.

I appreciate all the input <3

terryZ_

SrMod | Coordinator
Senior Mod
terryZ_
terryZ_
Senior Mod
Ratings
185 11
It's an interesting idea to have a limit and split the lobby into multiple games, my only concern would be that games might have too few people when it's near a borderline value which could reduce the quality of the games, but it would certainly be interesting to see if this made an improvement.

I do agree that more enchants or editing the damage is not the answer as I think the balance is pretty good. However, I'd rather stay away from decreasing the time to survive as I think the current length is a good goal for event length, I'd rather find ways to help the survivors have a better chance at winning.

I appreciate all the input <3
Lobby splitting would have to be specific where if there were for example 20 players and the max limit is 16 players per lobby, the system would have to split it between two 10 player lobbies over one 16 player, one 4 player lobby. Would also make it harder to balance as well (9 infected vs 15 infected at the end is still quite a substantial difference), but priority would probably to avoid leaving players out that did join the event. Could be too complicated of a fix, and the increase in lobbies would also have a larger influx of rewards/items put into the economy.

Could it also potentially be the map that makes it more challenging to survive? The map's not that big for times when there's, 30, 40 players joining Infected? and it could also be a contributor to the imbalance in Survivor wins. I like the map itself, but a larger map would make it easier for the Survivors to live longer as well. Issue with a larger map however would make it a much bigger challenge for Infected when there's less players however - just trying to brainstorm ideas that could result in the imbalance of Infected/Survivor wins

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
Lobby splitting would have to be specific where if there were for example 20 players and the max limit is 16 players per lobby, the system would have to split it between two 10 player lobbies over one 16 player, one 4 player lobby. Would also make it harder to balance as well (9 infected vs 15 infected at the end is still quite a substantial difference), but priority would probably to avoid leaving players out that did join the event. Could be too complicated of a fix, and the increase in lobbies would also have a larger influx of rewards/items put into the economy.

Could it also potentially be the map that makes it more challenging to survive? The map's not that big for times when there's, 30, 40 players joining Infected? and it could also be a contributor to the imbalance in Survivor wins. I like the map itself, but a larger map would make it easier for the Survivors to live longer as well. Issue with a larger map however would make it a much bigger challenge for Infected when there are less players however - just trying to brainstorm ideas that could result in the imbalance of Infected/Survivor wins
I think that's a really interesting idea, possibly having the plugin select the map size depending on how many players join the event could help squash this problem. If there are fewer people playing then the smaller map could be used but a slightly larger map should more people be playing. I'd be really interested in seeing the impact a larger map had on the game, for sure.

camon

ELITE
camon
camon
ELITE
Ratings
31 10
how about for every kill you get resistance or strength maybe even a health pack

AlexMl

Admin | Software Engineer
Admin
AlexMl
AlexMl
Admin
Ratings
Hello people, lets see if I can summarize this.

I've replaced the wood doors with iron doors. Seems like an easy fix with no disadvantages (except wood doors look better on the map).

It's sad that this is an issue. They could just leave if they don't want to play. Maybe they don't know how? Removing them from the game is a possibility.

Unfortunately this won't be "easy" to add with the current system. Besides that, it was specifically not wanted.

There is a requested change that introduces a respawn wait time for infected players. They will be spectating for a few seconds before rejoining. I'm convinced that this would help.

I agree. Rewarding based on damage is a good idea. The last hit should be rewarded extra though.

Another change I'd like to see to the points system is that of the person who starts infected, I actually recently had one of my best games of infected as the first infected person killing 8 survivors, I still came in 11th place making it quite literally impossible for the first infected player to ever do well or even win, therefore, I think the balance of the points when it comes to the first infected player killing survivors needs a buff, I know the intention is always going to be survivors should win but it does make you feel as if you're wasting your time even playing when you're selected as the infected player first. You should be able to win as the first infected player if the infected team beats the survivors before the time is up, because in theory your team has won.
Any ideas how we could do that? Keep in mind that the first infected already gets a special price when the infected win.

Thank you for your feedback.

2. If there's enough players playing the infected gamemode, add 4th and 5th prices, maybe lil money/mana for participating the event.
3. Map testing.
1. There is only one map and that's not going to change for a long time
2. Up to dacon
3. yeah
4. I've already added some barrier blocks in some locations. Let me know if there are others that need fixing.

Lobby splitting would have to ...
Pleas no lobby splitting. There isn't even a lobby.

how about for every kill you get resistance or strength maybe even a health pack
I think the current effects/kit you get with every re balancing is a great system. The kits itself can be balanced more.

Lollipop56

PATRON+
Lollipop56
Lollipop56
Patron+
Ratings
42 1
I've replaced the wood doors with iron doors. Seems like an easy fix with no disadvantages (except wood doors look better on the map).
Thank you! I really appreciate the change and I'm sure I'm not the only one that's pleased this issue has been fixed.

It's sad that this is an issue. They could just leave if they don't want to play. Maybe they don't know how? Removing them from the game is a possibility.
I know it's people who either want to boost their friends points or simply are annoyed that they're infected and don't want to play. The problem being that once you're infected (especially in the early stages) you know you're not going to win anymore and it becomes kind of pointless, therefore, people just go AFK or boost their friends. I certainly would be interested in seeing people being removed for inactivity.

Unfortunately this won't be "easy" to add with the current system. Besides that, it was specifically not wanted.
I understand -- however, I don't think it would make that much of a difference, maybe instead we could give the last survivor a god apple?

I agree. Rewarding based on damage is a good idea. The last hit should be rewarded extra though.
I'm still not sure on the final blow aspect of the damage as it really is luck especially when people are all swarming and it's actually quite hard to hit the player, when there are 20 infected and 3 survivors you're hitting the infected people more than the survivors and it's 100% luck who gets the final blow. I would prefer it followed the same system as kill do in the normal PvP system where the "Kill" goes to the player with the most damage contributed.

Any ideas how we could do that? Keep in mind that the first infected already gets a special price when the infected win.
Are you sure that special prize is working as I recently won the game as the first infected and did not appear to receive anything?

Generally, I think possibly making it so that the last few survivors have access to heal a little more, would encourage skills, possibly giving them a golden apple on cooldown rather than an expendable golden apple? Maybe even given a potion or enderpearl to help them escape sticky situations? I think these are ideas that should be looked at in terms of making it easier for the last few to survive without increasing their damage or protection. Giving the user something they have to use like a heal rewards skill whereas giving someone higher damage and protection just does not reward pvp ability.

There is a requested change that introduces a respawn wait time for infected players. They will be spectating for a few seconds before rejoining. I'm convinced that this would help.
This is a beautiful idea, certainly looking forward to seeing that implemented.

Thank you for your feedback.
I really appreciate you taking the time to read the post and giving your time to respond <3

I think the current effects/kit you get with every re balancing is a great system. The kits itself can be balanced more.
I actually think the balance of the kits is pretty good and makes both sides have a chance, it's just how in the late game once your health starts going down and the players are back on you before you have any hope of regenerating or healing yourself you will inevitably die.

<3