Rejected Knowledge-Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020-04-07_17.08.21.png
2020-04-07_17.08.33.png
2020-04-07_17.18.16.png

So here is my map. I have mostly done it for fun but i wanted to se if it could be a official map. I have tested many times. And it's pretty fun actually. My map is themed around knowledge (books) and it gets a nice texture from the leaves. Hope you enjoy it.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Merwic,

Just for future reference when submitting maps, try to put some information on the map to make it easier for people to find it and understand what you were going for. Such as, the plot name/number, jumps, and difficulty. As for the theme and build, there is already a BookShelves map in the medium difficulty. This one takes a different approach but both are rather similar. The parkour length and difficulty were not suitable for any, in my opinion. It is was too long and easy for it to be easy or medium but it is not hard enough for hard and above. It's very important to remember to stick to a difficulty and work around that, making sure that if it's gonna be easy it'll be easy with a moderate amount of jumps. Furthermore, the parkour lacks variation in blocks/jumps used and overall feels very linear and boring. I know you can do better, I see really good potential in your map making capabilities. I wish you the best of luck.

alexbuffet

ELITE
alexbuffet
alexbuffet
ELITE
Ratings
Hey there,

First I would like to point out the lack of some requirements of your map and submission, the submission is missing some required information that made it hard for me to give feedback such as a lack of difficulty or number of jumps. Second is that the pressure plate does not have wool under it which made it impossible to judge what difficulty you were going for. There is a checkpoint that is very hidden and seems to have some unnecessary placement and the map at times gets confusing to follow such as the use of two starting points which made it confusing to find where I was going. The parkour lacks variety to the jumps and the combination of the length and difficulty of jumps does not seem to fit into any difficulty. All in all, you need more variety and need to make the build more detailed instead of just making pillar with the bookshelf blocks and leaves. Best of luck in your submission

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Merwic,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not good, as we already have "Bookshelves/Library" maps (Bookshelves, Library), so please be careful next time ! The build is not really good, it's really messy because almost the whole map is floating, please try building your parkour on/in aa single main build, and not floating around. The parkour is not good too, it's really confusing, as there is a lot of path in your map, and repetitive, as it's mostly normal, ladder and fence jumps, please try using more blocks, like ice, soul sand, iron bars.. and not in a straight line, also I think the parkour is a bit too long for an easy, please try aiming between 20 and 40 jumps for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.