Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubikit

Kubikit
Kubikit
Ratings
Your Username: Kubikit

Date when locked: 03/09/2019

Why you were locked: Exploiting "Crystallized - Medium", completing it 500 times way too fast

Have you been banned/locked on Manacube before?: Yes

Why should your account be unlocked?

First of all, I feel like what I think of parkour has changed a lot since my first days playing on Manacube, since Minevast, or whatever it was called at the time, was the 1st server I ever joined after creating my Minecraft account in 2013.
Manacube Parkour thus holds a place in my heart which I can't forget, even though the reset happening with the release of parkour 2.0 pulled me away from the server for a bit, I ended up coming back and starting from scratch, casually getting better and more involved.

I've gotten to a point where I could basically parkour through whatever was thrown at me on the server, which is, strangely enough, not fun at all.
Anything that I've ever done that was against the rules was purely due to me being bored of the game (lame, but actually true).

Then came the period which led to me writing this : I started playing on Manacube as a Mapper. I got interested in what made a map enjoyable, according to the difficulty of said map. I ended up searching for exploits that could ruin the experience oneself could have playing, and I found many. So many that I actually started taking advantage of them to get map completions. Although I reported a lot of them, I still used one that was worth my LOCK.
As said in the title, I used an obvious exploit to complete a medium map 500 times in a week, getting me around 30 000 mana and some score. That was dumb but at the time I thought I could simply end up getting my mana removed and call it a day, i was wrong (obviously).

So here I am today, 6 months later, with my lock and checkmark. During this timespan, I've built a dozen maps, helped in building a dozen others.
I'm talking big maps here for the most part, "2B - Insane" is the biggest non Champion map on the server, it took me ~100hrs of playtime to build, you can't go bigger than that.
Anyways, i also continued searching for exploits and reporting them, I believe that 1/4 of the latest barrier blocks that were placed on the server were due to me. (I made that number up)
I also found many issues with the locked rank, which let to fixes.

But more importantly I'm here 6 months later as someone with a new view of what parkour in Minecraft is. To be clear : I'm not into the mana farm anymore, I couldn't care less. Abusing an exploit / hacking would't get me anywhere anymore since I believe that I got good enough at the game for those to become irrelevant to my eyes.
As of today I have 555 playtime hours in manacube parkour itself, and from what I remember, most of those were during the last 6 months, thus getting locked didn't hurt my motivation too much.

So here it comes : why would I want the "Locked" tag gone from my head ?
I would like to be able to casually get back to playing the way I used to do years ago, getting on and off without looking like an outcast to people. I'd also like to be able to complete champion maps again, since those are very fun and inspiring.
To be honest I'm simply getting tired of it, and I strongly feel like it's irrelevant as of my case.

I do not plan on playing everyday since I don't have much time to play anymore because of my studies, thus I'd like to be able not to worry about anything when I eventually get on, by looking like any other player.

Annnd I'm done, sorry you had to read through all that (I still hope you did though). Sorry if a sentence is weird or if there's a spelling mistake, but I'm as many of you know, not a native English speaker.

Anyway, I wish you a good day !
Kubikit "Kub / Baguette"

InfinityxKatrina

Mod+
Moderator+
ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
Map Judge
InfinityxKatrina
InfinityxKatrina
Mod+
Ratings
600 8
Hello Kubikit,

Thank you for taking the time to make a lock appeal. I will be putting this in reviewing while I look over the evidence of your lock and discuss it with fellow staff. This may take time, so please be patient! If you have any questions regarding this, you may contact me via discord (InfinityxKatrina#2229,) or start a conversation with me here on the forums!

Have a nice day,
Kristina

InfinityxKatrina

Mod+
Moderator+
ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
Map Judge
InfinityxKatrina
InfinityxKatrina
Mod+
Ratings
600 8
Hello Kubikit,

I am happy to inform you that your appeal is being accepted!
Please keep in mind the rules of exploiting in the future, so this doesn't happen to you again.
You are being unlocked right now!
If you have any questions regarding this, you may contact me via discord (InfinityxKatrina#2229,) or start a conversation with me here on the forums!

Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.