ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Lacalcet Build Competitions
Spicing up Creative
For a while now, I've been hosting build competitions on Manacube Creative for a little while and now I plan to introduce it to more people to join in. For those who don't know, a build competition is a timed match where players each have their own plot to build on. The goal is to create the best looking plot within the time limit and matches the theme the best.

There are warps for these competitions on Manacube Creative. To go to them do /creative while in the hub, then do /warp lbuild (for the 16 by 16 plots) or /warp lbuild2 (for the 32 by 32 plots). On both plots there are rules stated. Here are the rules:
  • No Greifing - Modifying or removing someone else's build or anything else besides your plot is not allowed
  • No Worldedit or Voxel Sniper - These are not allowed to prevent greifers. On some occasions it is allowed, more on that later
  • No Teaming - There is only one winner unless stated otherwise
The last sign says "Follow the rules posted in the discord". I have previously announced these build competitions on my own Lacalcet discord. The announcements stated the Theme, Time, and Plots as well as any other information. If you are interested, it will be at the end of this post.

What About The Upcoming One?
This up coming one will be on January 2nd, 2021 at 3pm est. This is where you can vote on the Theme and the Plot size. There are two options for plot size; 16 by 16 (there are 64 open) or 32 by 32 (there are 16 open). And for the theme, you can comment what you think it should be and I can chose the most interesting. You can also propose challenges such as "No Green" or "No slabs", in place of a theme. The Time will depend on the plot size and theme.

One concern might be the grading. Previously the Lacalcet Staff have been grading the build competitions, but as LoneMythix left the staff team, it is only me. But during grading, I do plan on talking to the contestants on who they think should win (besides them!) as it is fair.

Contact me for more detail @ Samara#0323

Last edited:

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I'll be there :D I think

Last edited:
Ratings
7 2
I'm so down, I competed in the last one. And I want to have some fun in this one aswell

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Hello,

The theme will be Sci-fi and the build comp will be held at the 16 by 16 plots.

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
The Buildcomp has ended

I congratulate our winner, JustAthenaxD for winning the SciFi build comp. I also thank our contestants N_I_K_J, Dnho, IAmHaru, waoli, MiksyRose, OGraphicsHD, and Weed_Enthusiast!

There will be one on the 16th on January. See you then!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Omg how dumb of me I totally forgot