Lack of Magic Dust on the Server : /tinkerer not working as intended.

Chandler_Bling

ELITE
Chandler_Bling
Chandler_Bling
ELITE
Ratings
I have a slew of custom enchantment books that I've been collecting for the perfect set of gear. I recently traded in dozens of unneeded books to the /tinkerer in hopes of getting magic dust to improve my success chances on the custom enchants I wanted to use. Out of all the books I salvaged, I received ZERO magic dust (all failed). This must be a modifiable value in whatever plugin is used to convert fireballs to magic dust.

I submitted a support ticket, and have been told by a Mod that MVP+ ($62.50) gets magic dust monthly. When I asked about this in chat, I was told that Legendary Keys ($3.00 each) have a 1/18 chance of giving 3 100% magic dust. Someone else claimed that once they got magic dust from a fireball, but others also admitted it seemed broken. I've played every day for over a month, and I've never seen any in the auction house.

I've fully accepted that Manacube is a pay to win server, but even in P2W, there needs to be a way of getting things by grinding them the hard way. Currently it seems that Magic Dust is just unobtainable through the base game. My ticket remains open but hasn't been replied to since Friday (6 days at this point), so I'm posting here for more exposure.

Please look into this:
Dacon, Boomclaw, ChocBar, Dynsalir, SunsetMagic

[UPDATE] In discord I've been talking to ChaoticPhoenix. I was told this issue fixed last week. I farmed 15 books to salvage to the /tinkerer to test it (144 levels worth of books). From 15 fireballs, I received 13 failed dust, and 2 success dusts (a 3% and a 5%). This is not a sufficient payoff for the investment. I feel this issue still needs to be investigated.

[UPDATE] ChaoticPhoenix is going to report/escalate the issue. I will update when I hear a response.

Last edited:

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
I've always got at least 1/3 dust from my kit : flushed :
What server do you play? I could give you my kit if you want (and my spare dust)
Just tell me your ign and lets set a time to meet up. Or set a warp for your island and put a hopper somewhere so I could just drop it in.
Pm me: kxequeen#2985
-kxe -v-

Chandler_Bling

ELITE
Chandler_Bling
Chandler_Bling
ELITE
Ratings
@ kxequeen: I appreciate the reply and the offer to help. I am on Skyblock: Oasis. I just did a test myself using 15 books and had 2/15 become magic dust with an incredibly low success rate. I don't want to take handouts because that doesn't resolve the issue, but that is nice of you to offer.

Gebv

ELITE
Gebv
Gebv
ELITE
Ratings
29 1
I think that you just need to deal with it, it is probably something intended and they won't change it. Magic dust is good and they have decided to make it like that!
much love
-0esL