Rejected Last road - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Leovittra
Map name: Last road
/plot v Leovittra 2

Difficulty: Medium
Number of jumps:

Disclaimer! The photos are an older version in the newer some textures and jumps are changed so it more suits the map.

I tried one time before with my first map and used the critic from it and created this map!

So this map is a fairly small map but have a way snaking around the entire map which create the 57 jumps, please let me know if there is any place were there is an unclear path or just to hard/easy. Also look for the heads with arrows that shows the way to where you need to go. A last note is that the checkpoint are placed so that you only can reach them if your in the right place which mean that there's some places with more jumps than others.

Last edited:

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
The build is amazing, and the theme is much better this time around, although the judges might consider the ruins theme overused. I'm not too sure about that, but I haven't seen any maps that look similar to this. I found the parkour enjoyable but I did find myself getting lost a couple of times, and it still might not be diverse enough for the judge's liking. Try things like iron trapdoors and fences/cobble walls. They are fitting for the theme, so it should be easy to fit some in. If this ends up rejected, don't give up. You can 100% get this accepted

The build is amazing, and the theme is much better this time around, although the judges might consider the ruins theme overused. I'm not too sure about that, but I haven't seen any maps that look similar to this. I found the parkour enjoyable but I did find myself getting lost a couple of times, and it still might not be diverse enough for the judge's liking. Try things like iron trapdoors and fences/cobble walls. They are fitting for the theme, so it should be easy to fit some in. If this ends up rejected, don't give up. You can 100% get this accepted
Thanks for the advice! and I am trying to make it more interesting and in as an after thought I am trying to add slime blocks and ice parkour.

Also do you think that medium is a good difficulty or is it to hard/easy.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Leovittra,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is good. It's well built and overall really detailed, so well done!
The parkour is quite repetitive. A lot of the jumps were normal blocks and ladders, you did implement them into the build well which is good, however it is quite repetitive and boring. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps, it will overall make your map more enjoyable to complete.
Like I previously mentioned, you did implement the parkour into the build well, with minimal floating jumps, I would just suggest trying to use different blocks in your jumps, it's good to have it in the build, but don't be afraid to use blocks & items that don't 'fit in' well with the build.
The difficulty is good for an easy/medium map, and the length is possibly a bit long for a medium map, please read over this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ to make sure your map fits within the guidelines.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.