First Name
Jessica

Country or Timezone
UTC+1, Switzerland

Discord username
Lavendel#4574

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
There are several reasons why I would like to apply as a Creative Staff. Meanwhile, I've been playing on the server for a while, met new people and could learn a lot. When I joined the creative server for the first time, I was well received and shortly after I had built my first plot, I met the buildteam leader, who suggested me to apply for the buildteam. After I was in the buildteam, the love for the server just grew even more and I realized that I like to offer people tips or even help. Since some people on the creative server already know me from when I was on the buildteam, I am often asked if I could help them or if I have any tips for them. For a few weeks, I was thinking about applying for a staff position, but I had decided against it for the time being because I didn't feel ready.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I'm not quite sure anymore, but according to the forum I've been on here since November 2018. I've been playing on the server for a little more than a year now. I took a little break after the building team had disbanded, as it was quite devastating for me because I had learned a lot from the buildteam. But after about 2 months I started building again.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
It depends on my schedule. Since I started an apprenticeship in August 2019, I have a little less time during the week, which means that I can be active for about one to a maximum of one and a half hours during the week. On weekends, however, I can be active for more than 10 hours, unless of course, I am doing something with my family.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
Maturity:
I'd say I'm mature for my age. This is mainly since I had to deal with many problems like bullying when I was very young. Maturity is also important in my job, which is why I think that I have matured quite a bit, especially in the last few months.
Team player:
I have to say that I was not a team player in the past, the reason for this was just the bullying, as I mentioned above. However, this had changed especially in the ninth grade, as we often had to carry out projects in a team there. Currently, I am also in two big projects, so teamwork and communication is even more fun for me.
Willingness to learn:
I am always ready to learn something new, particularly when it comes to tasks where I have to interact with other people.
Flexibility:
I mention flexibility here because during my apprenticeship I sometimes get into situations that I cannot predict which is why I must adapt flexibly. Therefore, I think this would be an important point because I can adjust my schedule in an "emergency".
Knowledge:
What's important to becoming staff is knowing the server and its rules. I have read the rules several times and therefore I know them.
Attitude:
I'm a happy person, of course, I had days myself when I felt pretty bad, specifically when I lost a pretty important person with whom I could talk about everything. But after several events, I see the positive things again and I always try to be happy.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I have gained some experience on Minecraft servers over the last years as a team member. Often, I was on these servers as a supporter or as an admin. I also took care of some events there and just looked after the players and helped them when they needed help. But most of the servers were closed after a short time and I was usually only there for a short time in the team, so I wanted to join a team again. As I already mentioned I was in the Manacube buildteam, I could also gain some experience that might help me.

During my apprenticeship I also work in a company with more than 60 people, so I've already got used to it, which is a small benefit. Whether customers or also my colleagues, I like to work out new ideas or ways with them. In the ninth grade, we received new challenges and assignments again and again during the project lessons, which we also had to overcome and carry out as a team. There I had already noticed that it is also fun to work with people with whom I normally do not work or even talk. Afterward, I had to plan, execute, document and finally present a project work within 5 months. So, I work very structured.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Neutrality:
Due to quarrels between my friends, I often had to intervene, which is why you can sometimes get into situations where you had to remain neutral. I wasn't aware of this ability before until my friends once asked me about it, so I think neutrality is a positive ability.
Honesty:
I am a very honest person, if I would lie, you would notice it immediately, because I seem to be quite nervous and hectic. My mother raised me this way and I am glad she did raise me this way because it allows me to "uncover" lies and be a much more mature person in general.
Understandable and patient:
As a staff member, you should also be understandable and patient, especially when it comes to explaining something to someone. I enjoy working with and for other players.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
As a staff member, you have the task to take care of the players of a server. He answers questions, helps with problems or takes care of people who do not follow the rules. Of course, a Staff member should not forget that it is not always about banishing the "bad" people, but that there is a pleasant atmosphere on the server, so a little fun in between wouldn't hurt. In short, as a staff, you are becoming a contact person for the players on the server.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes, I can use recording software, I have some experience with recording and it is also a small part of my apprenticeship.

Anything else we should know?
As English is not my mother tongue, I have a few little difficulties to communicate, but it is not that I don't know any English at all, I sometimes have trouble remembering a word and also while speaking to me, you would just hear my accent.
Finally, I appreciate that you are reading this application and I would be very grateful if some of you could give me some feedback, this way I can improve myself (especially when it comes to grammar! Thank you). <3

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

Last edited:
Ratings
Thats a good application!
Goodluck on that!

:)

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6
Hey There Lavendel !
Since you have fixed the problem I am awarding you a 1+
For the problems you have fixed are.....

Add some more detail (Completed!)
You have a few Grammatical Errors (Completed!)

And your overall score!

You are well over the 700-word Requirement with 868 Words!
You have over 20 Forum posts with 26!
I see you online a lot so that's Awesome!
Your Minecraft Account is linked!
Your Discord Account is Linked!
You have currently no Infractions on record :D
Since you have fixed these problems, you are now Eligible to be a Staff member! Love to see you on the staff team! Best of luck!!

Chicken! Correct!
-Comic

Last edited:

Lavendel

Lavendel
Lavendel
Ratings
Hey There Lavendel !
I have good news, I believe that this Application is a worthy 0.7+
For the following reasons....

You are well over the 700-word Requirement with 868 Words!
You have over 20 Forum posts with 26!
I see you online a lot so that's Awesome!
You have currently no Infractions on record :D
Now these are the reasons I gave you a 0.7+
Add some more detail, It would be wonderful to see you become a staff member, Just add some more Detail (Easily Fixed)
You have a few Grammatical Errors, This can be fixed too
Once you have fixed these Problems I will reconsider my Score, But for now

Chicken or the Duck?
-Comic
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my application. I will be more than happy to incorporate your suggestions for improvement this evening. However, I do have one or two little questions:

- What sections would you like me to go into more detail on?
- Could you perhaps show me parts where you found grammatical errors? (I probably won't be able to find all of them)

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my application. I will be more than happy to incorporate your suggestions for improvement this evening. However, I do have one or two little questions:

- What sections would you like me to go into more detail on?
- Could you perhaps show me parts where you found grammatical errors? (I probably won't be able to find all of them)
Hiya!
Thank you for taking you time and Reading my response 0.1+ extra for that :)
So the first question I would like to answer is more Detail :D
Explain the role of a staff member to me is kinda short, but you can easily fix this just add So more detail :D
ill show you some Grammatical Errors though Lightshot :) https://prnt.sc/qmu6m4 https://prnt.sc/qmu7dh https://prnt.sc/qmu80t
and also a Few Punctuation issues like Commas and ect

But if you fix these problems my score will be moved to +1

Write, fail, fix, Repeat
-Comic :p

Tasses

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
Mapper
Tasses
Tasses
ELITE
Ratings
580 26
Hey Lavendel, I'm so glad to see that you applied. You obviously have a ton of experience on Creative and with how the server runs. You're consistently mature and friendly in-game and on the forums, and you seem like a genuinely kind person. I guess the only thing you're missing is activity on Discord, where I don't see you very often if at all. You could also add some more details and explanations to your skills and attributes. I think you definitely have a good chance and I'd love to see you on the staff team. Good luck!

Lavendel

Lavendel
Lavendel
Ratings
Hey Lavendel, I'm so glad to see that you applied. You obviously have a ton of experience on Creative and with how the server runs. You're consistently mature and friendly in-game and on the forums, and you seem like a genuinely kind person. I guess the only thing you're missing is activity on Discord, where I don't see you very often if at all. You could also add some more details and explanations to your skills and attributes. I think you definitely have a good chance and I'd love to see you on the staff team. Good luck!
Thank you very much! I will take these points into consideration.