Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Heya cuties!
So we used to have all these different forums games months back where we got to know the staff. With the big increase in staff, I felt its a great time to bring some back! After months of thinking, I thought about asking a bunch of staff very controversial questions. You really can learn a lot about people from the answers to these questions. I asked everyone 8 questions and will split it into two different posts. Feel free to leave the answers down below, as well as debate because some people think straws have two holes!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Straws have one really long hole." - HallowQueen

"According to the dictionary definition (supplied by Google), a hole is "a hollow place in a solid body or surface." Therefore, straws have one hole as there is only one hollow place in the solid body of a straw." - Caleb

"Straws are bad #SaveTheTurtles" - Dutchy

"Wouldn't my straw leak if it had a hole? Hopefully it doesn't have any holes, its just a hollow tube." - Purpz

"It’s one big hole" - Niels

"1, its like a long donut" - Swrds

"Two holes, in one" - SkyDieGame

"1 hole change my mind" - Terry

"2 holes. Its a long cylinder with two open holes on either end." - Abi

"1. If donuts have 1 hole then so do straws" - Chao

"1 hole, a straw is derived from a circle which has one hole" - Jacob

"Two, keeping in mind that despite them being connected there are two separate openings, in two different locations. Thinking of it like rabbit or mole wholes, multiple holes can lead to the same den." - Nova

"The straw is one big hole" - Pizza

"it has one hole cause it like goes all the way through the straw" - Becca

"Straw has one long hole" - Esther

"Two holes" - Amy

"Literally neither. Tubes don't have holes, they're tubes" - Alfie

"1 HOLE." - Quick

"none, it has a tunnel..." - Kade

"'im actually a rebel and do not wet it at all" - Caleb

"A toot- toothbrush? what is this nonsense?" - Dutchy

"Both obviously. Once to make sure the toothbrush isn't too bristly and once to make sure the toothpaste isn't too gritty." - Purpz

"is it bad that i dont wet it either before or after toothpaste? probably (i do wash my toothbrush after i brush tho lmfao)" - Swrds

"Who uses water?" - SkyDieGame

"before" - Chiara

"before, if you wet it after then the toothpaste falls off" - Terry

"Do I look like a sociopath? Toothpaste on a dry brush? NO. Before and after." - Hayley

"Yes, otherwise the bristles are hard and will obliterate my gums." - Abi

"Whatever my half asleep brain feels like doing on that day, I do both" - Chao

"After" - Fire

"Before. After feels like a waste of the tooth paste" - Jacob

"After, im not a psychopath" - Pizza

"before and after? is that even weirder ahah" - Becca

"before & after, before to clean the toothbrush then after to soften the toothpaste" - Madi

"Usually after, unless I'm camping I'll do before as well incase it's dirty" - Esther

"Both, before and after" - Amy

"I wet it before because I have braincells" - Alfie

"Before.. if you do it after.. you run the chance or it being washed off" - Kade

"over, people who put it under are not human" - Ashley

"considering you just slide it onto the toilet paper holder, it's both on top of the holder and under it. " - Caleb

"oml it goes over and anyone that says it goes under is just plain wrong." - Purpz

"Idk what you exactly mean xD" - Niels

"OVER, anyone that says under is a confirmed psychopath" - Swrds

"Here in Norway, we put it in the holder" - SkyDieGame

"Over the top!" - Hayley

"Why in god's name would you put the toilet paper under the holder" - Chao

"Over, for easier access" - Nova

"under" - Madi

"If there is no toilet paper holder thing, I prefer over but if there is one, definitely under (If it's in the holder I'll change the position elol)" - Gapple

"OVER OVER OVER" - Esther

"Over. Again, braincells" - Alfie

"OveR" - Quick

"Over and anyone who goes under is the type of people to unironically thinks NFTs are worth millions" - Jib

"Why do you even have to ask!! Like even the patent on toilet paper says over" - Kade

"CHIMKN" - Ashley

"#obvious. you're not gonna get a chicken egg without a chicken, the first chicken came from some other creature due to evolution or something" - Caleb

"Gallus gallus domesticus was first" - Dutchy

"The egg had to come first. Two almost chickens must've made some weird being that was the first chicken. Little known fact - the first chicken was a rooster and he was named Foghorn Leghorn." - Purpz

"Chicken (that’s what the bible says)(I’m not religious)" - Niels

"eggs had to come before the chicken BUT chicken eggs couldn't come before chickens. evolution made the chicken what it was today so the slightly pre evolved chicken laid an egg and that egg hatched into a chicken, but is that egg a chicken egg?" - Swrds

"the egg came first because it was a mutation from one of the chickens ancestors" - Chiara

"Dinosaurs > >" - Hayley

"The chicken, fight me, no one laid a random egg first." - Abi

"Idgaf they're both food" - Chao

"Egg" - Fire

"My answer always changes for this but today im feeling like the egg" - Becca

"this question hurts me but I guess chicken" - Madi

"Tbh theres a lot of people who will say that the egg comes first but I'm a rebel and am gonna say chicken. I think chickens evolved from another species and had to adapt to the environment, starting producing questionable eggs and badaboom" - Gapple

" Egg!" - Amy

"In 2006 the university of Norwich and the University of Nottingham concluded that the egg came first since the living organism inside the eggshell would have had the same DNA as the chicken it would develop into, however these findings were later reversed by the universities of Sheffield and Warwick in 2010 in a paper titled “Structural Control Of Crystal Nuclei By An Eggshell Protein” showed that there is a protein found in the chicken's ovaries, ovocledidin-17, is vital for shell production, therefore the chicken must have come before the egg. However, the presence of OC-17 or a homolog in other species, such as turkeys, and finches which were written in the papers “ The proteome of the calcified layer organic matrix of turkey (Meleagris gallopavo) eggshell” in 2013 and “The calcified eggshell matrix proteome of a songbird, the zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata)” in 2015, suggests that such eggshell-reinforcing proteins are common to all birds, and thus long predate the first chickens." - Jib

"Chicken.. it evolved... does it matter it all makes a good pot pie" -Kade

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which answer surprised you the most? Mine was definitely Madi putting the toliet paper under!
Tune in in a couple of days to see what we think about dogs and pants :)

Last edited:

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Look for two new additions, Kade and Jib!! Jibs chicken vs egg answer is pretty funny

Yoshidude47

Yoshidude47
Yoshidude47
Ratings
54 3
A straw only has one hole, that's just double-sided.

JM4s

JM4s
JM4s
Ratings
From a topological point of view, a straw is homotopy equivalent to the unit circle in the 2-dimensional plane. Therefore, both objects share the same homology groups. Since it is a well known fact that the unit circle S^1 has Z as its first homology group, we conclude that the straw has Z as its first homology group, and therefore has only one hole.

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
From a topological point of view, a straw is homotopy equivalent to the unit circle in the 2-dimensional plane. Therefore, both objects share the same homology groups. Since it is a well known fact that the unit circle S^1 has Z as its first homology group, we conclude that the straw has Z as its first homology group, and therefore has only one hole.
He really said PHYSICS

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
if you take a fresh piece of paper with no holes and curl it, there are still no holes. if you need the technical terminology, as a plastics engineer, a straw has an extruded gap, not a hole
esther got +100 coolness points cause they the first person i found on manacube who else goes camping

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
eat mor chikn

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
lets say you grabbed a shovel, went into the garden and dug a small hole. it is one hole. there can be various sizes and labels, such as gully, ditch, crater, chasm, etc. now imagine that hole went all the way through the earch to the other side of the world. still only one hole isnt it? it's just one hole with multiple entrances. When you go caving, you may find that one cave has multiple entrances and exits out of the mountainside, but its still the same cave. You can apply the same thing to straws. Still only one hole, but with 2 entrances/exits.

oh and also asapscience did a video on the chicken or egg way back in 2013