Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Tjotoo

VIP+
Tjotoo
Tjotoo
VIP+
Ratings
I think most people would agree with me on the fact that the current LPS is not in the best state it could be. Border not shrinking, teamers (or 3rd-parties?) etc. The LPS minigame is in a terrible state in my opinion because of the following reasons that I have experienced (I'm sure that some of you have had different problems than I have experienced.

My problems
1. Border not shrinking in the end-phase. This is as obvious as it is. The border just doesn't shrink when you are near the end. This can be very frustrating because people will just stand in their corners and not fight. And obviously, they are not fighting because there aren't any kill rewards (which I don't blame anyone for). This way LPS games can take very long if no-one decides to fight another player.

2. Teamers / 3rd-parties. Yes, I am aware, 3rd-partying is a game mechanic. It is allowed and it should be. However, sometimes players are just too obvious with teaming. And of course, this is very irritating for most players. I have heard about teamers not being banned even when the evidence is overwhelming. The answer would simply be ''The player they are chasing is low, they just want the kill him to have one less enemy''. But they are still doing a 2v1 in a solo gamemode. Right?

3. No kind of kill-rewards. And once again I acknowledge this is a Last Player Standing, but when you are doing a 1v1, kill the other player just when you are low health, and then you get cleaned up and instantly die, because you can deal 3 - 4 hearts of damage with a good critical hit.

My solutions
1. Obviously try to fix the border not shrinking. Let it shrink until there is no walking space, to encourage fighting in the last phase instead of 4 people doing nothing in their corners.

2. Either let this be, or make the teaming rules more specific. When are you actually teaming with someone? When you are just walking side by side with a player to kill another player that is low, or when you are obviously 2v1'ing all the time and not hitting your mate?

3. Give some kind of kill reward, whether it is money or just an extra golden apple for the LPS. My personal favorite was +1 heart and 3 seconds of regeneration 1 when you kill someone. This way you will not instantly die from an annoying 3rd-party and still have a chance. Therefore it might also decrease 3rd-partying.

Obviously not all of you will agree with my opinions and idea's, but this is just a thing to get some stuff going. I'm also very interested in what you think of the current state of LPS and how that can be improved.

Thanks for reading my idea / suggestion / opinion :D

TL;DR: Fix LPS :)

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I agree with 1 and 3. I think the rules for teaming are fine, if you make the rules more complex it'll only make enforcement harder, also more work for staff so they'll do it less.

For problem 1, the default command for borders allow for a gradual constant border change.
They could do /worldborder set (starting size) and then /worldborder set (ending size) (time to get to ending size) and it'll close constantly until possibly 0 blocks

For problem 3, I really do agree here that there should be kill rewards. I don't think it should be crate keys, but money or mana would be good.

Tjotoo

VIP+
Tjotoo
Tjotoo
VIP+
Ratings
I agree with 1 and 3. I think the rules for teaming are fine, if you make the rules more complex it'll only make enforcement harder, also more work for staff so they'll do it less.

For problem 1, the default command for borders allow for a gradual constant border change.
They could do /worldborder set (starting size) and then /worldborder set (ending size) (time to get to ending size) and it'll close constantly until possibly 0 blocks

For problem 3, I really do agree here that there should be kill rewards. I don't think it should be crate keys, but money or mana would be good.
Hey. Yeah I totally agree with you on the teaming. It'd be harder to enforce the rules but I see some serious complaints and issues with this topic so I thought I'd just pop it up. The solution for problem 1 sounds simple as you say it! And for problem 3, I agree it shouldn't be keys. Mana or money sounds good yeah, and 100% some kind of health boost. :D

Unwrckble

ELITE
unwrckble
unwrckble
ELITE
I Agree with the most things except the Improvements. LPS is not in a good state right now and I got twice banned for it even tho I didnt team. I just clean sometimes and other people always call it teaming. I got twice banned for it and idk if I will be able to play ever on this server again I still want to tell my opinion.
I would rework the rewards. For your place and kills because if 25 People join the LPS and only 3 of them get something (while the 3rd place is literally garbage). I would add an Top Kills Reward (obvious the guy with the most kills) + an Kill reward with 1-2 extra gapples and 3-4 Hearts instant heal or regeneration 3 for a few seconds.
I would high up the money rewards for each place and maybe from place 4th-10th and 11th-15th and the rest get a little amount of money/mana or something else.
I literally hate it to be accussed every LPS for Teaming from the same people and more Mods should watch it or mute people for spamming that in chat. Just send a proof and stop crying or otherwise he should get muted.
And ignoring someone shouldnt be a reason to ban because you know it wouldnt be a smart move.
#MakeLPSGreatAgain