jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
have noticed that on manacube, furries are treated like shit. I believe this is unfair and hurtful. We're all people! Furries are humans just like us! I am a small member of the furry fandom, though I don't own fursuits, I support furries and the hate they get is unfair!

People can have opinions, but you don't have to be an ass about people's hobbies!
Furry hate speech should be mutable in the discord as well as the server.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
While it's frustrating that furries get a lot of hate and backlash, I don't think the staff will make "taunting furries" mutable. I feel that there would be a lot of backlash from people in the community, and it would cause more trouble than anything. If you feel that a user has broken the rules, or is being disrespectful, please let a mod know and they'll deal with it. Under no circumstances is it okay to bash someone else with the intention of hurting them. I understand that sometimes people like to joke around, keeping this in mind, it's probably just best to ignore those people.

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Hello, I understand your frustration. We apologize if you are a victim of being disrespected on the server. I agree that all people should be treated with respect. Overall, if someone seems to be hating on another person in general because of their interests, hobbies, opinions, etc, be sure to let a staff member know! Disrespect is not tolerated on ManaCube; we will be sure to handle it from there.

Best wishes,
- ashley<3

Ratings
30 3
if the community were to be this strict on something like this then they'd have to be sensitive on other issues too which overall just seems unlikely. if you were to punish people for taunting or stating their opinions on a subject then it would prompt more people to do it as a result of a punishment that others may deem unfair.

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
hey all!

both on discord and ingame, every mute is obviously dependent on the situation. i did just want to let you know that there has been times we have muted for comments and conversations aimed at the furry community.

like ashley said, let a staff know if someone is being disrespectful or making you feel upset. we will handle it accordingly, we want manacube to be a great environment for everyone.

thanks for bringing your concerns to us,
abbie

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Me and Laney are both sick of the way furries get treated on Manacube. I saw her report rude/disrespectful behaviour in the help channels before, and she even double pinged but still got no answer. I'm not trying to bash any staff, I'm just saying that sometimes we report these things and it doesn't even get a response. I've also seen that some of the people hating on furries will shut up as soon as they see a mod in chat, but continue the furry hate when staff aren't looking.
In that regard, I believe that maybe Manacube should be stricter and crack down harder on the disrespect. Handing out warns is going to do nothing if they just keep doing it when no one is looking.

Ratings
30 3
Me and Laney are both sick of the way furries get treated on Manacube. I saw her report rude/disrespectful behaviour in the help channels before, and she even double pinged but still got no answer. I'm not trying to bash any staff, I'm just saying that sometimes we report these things and it doesn't even get a response. I've also seen that some of the people hating on furries will shut up as soon as they see a mod in chat, but continue the furry hate when staff aren't looking.
In that regard, I believe that maybe Manacube should be stricter and crack down harder on the disrespect. Handing out warns is going to do nothing if they just keep doing it when no one is looking.
Honestly,if you're going to be very open about being a furry there's gonna be people that troll its just part of being on the internet, I recommend building a thicker skin or blocking people.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Honestly,if you're going to be very open about being a furry there's gonna be people that troll its just part of being on the internet, I recommend building a thicker skin or blocking people.
why should we have to hide who we are?

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
True, but either way they're still breaking the rules. It can be classified as hatespeech or disrespect, though after studying the discord server it appears that hatespeech offences have a longer punishment duration than disrespect.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
why should we have to hide who we are?
purple_nerple did say that we could always build thicker skins or blocking people. However, I still stand by the previous points I've made.

Strewberry

ELITE
Strewberry
Strewberry
ELITE
Ratings
have noticed that on manacube, furries are treated like shit. I believe this is unfair and hurtful. We're all people! Furries are humans just like us! I am a small member of the furry fandom, though I don't own fursuits, I support furries and the hate they get is unfair!

People can have opinions, but you don't have to be an ass about people's hobbies!
Furry hate speech should be mutable in the discord as well as the server.
no <3