Mana multiplier for prestiging

IdkU

ELITE
IdkU
IdkU
ELITE
Ratings
In parkour currently, the amount of mana earned is always the same. If a (non-donor) prestige 22 player does the same insane map as a (non-donor) prestige 0 skilled rank player, they will both get the same amount of mana - 200.

What if each time you prestige you gain a 0.5x mana multiplier?
Of course this would make prestiging very quick to do so if the rankups cost 0.5x more as well would even it out.
I was thinking that this multiplier would apply to all difficulty maps & champ maps but not droppers/voting etc.

The 0.5x mana multiplier would be added to donators already multipliers. For example, an mvp+ would usually get x2 mana multiplier, if they were prestige 14 they would get x9 mana. This may seem like a lot and of course would completely change the economy to something way higher but will still be the same as the rankups will take the same amount of time to get.

This also makes voting still very good for mana in the earlier prestiges or starting out players, but not so good on the later ones.

The price of cubits for mana will be constantly changing to a higher price until it starts to eventually settle. This means that players cant just vote every now and then on parkour and then trade their mana for cubits.

This also gives a little more incentive to prestige as you will earn more mana, which creates a nice game loop.

This makes the mana value similar to other gamemodes on the server as it will slowly rise depending on how high prestige people get to. I reckon that the value will never get too high (although if it was too high, the prestige multiplier could always be lowered) as no one will probably reach the billion mana mark.

This could also create the opportunity for seasons which could happen yearly with end of season stats and maybe tags to go with it.

This is just a little idea, I look forward to see your thoughts as i'm sure you lot have more creative ideas than I do.

Cheers for reading, IdkU.

IdkU

ELITE
IdkU
IdkU
ELITE
Ratings
I was thinking that the multiplier would infinitely scale with prestige as it still take the same amount of completions to prestige if you were prestige 2 or prestige 35 due to increasing the rankup costs by 0.5x as well. So it turns into a main aspect of the game to grind for mana, prestige then grind for mana but with bigger numbers. This makes no difference to solo gameplay but when compared with other players you will have more/less mana by a substantial amount depending on the prestige difference. Makes sense?

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
I was thinking that the multiplier would infinitely scale with prestige as it still take the same amount of completions to prestige if you were prestige 2 or prestige 35 due to increasing the rankup costs by 0.5x as well. So it turns into a main aspect of the game to grind for mana, prestige then grind for mana but with bigger numbers. This makes no difference to solo gameplay but when compared with other players you will have more/less mana by a substantial amount depending on the prestige difference. Makes sense?
the only problem is the crazy inequality this will create between experineced players and new players, think of how the price of enderpearls would change to accomdate for the massive increase in mana that advanced players would get. i cant see how this would work unless there was a soft cap like fleto said and the multiplier was much lower than 50%!

IdkU

ELITE
IdkU
IdkU
ELITE
Ratings
Ahh yes, I see your point now. It would also create the issue of boosting as some players would earn a lot and could just pay to lower prestige players to quickly rankup. Any suggestions on how this could work?

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
lmao no.
its a tricky balance to find with a game, and i completely understand that the game can become rather meaningless without a continued progression and hence your suggestion. i think this is why players like the rankup style for parkour as it gives them an ultimate goal which takes quite a while compared to mana. that being said that style is also finite so unless the builders keep producing harder and harder maps the game does stagnate.

i know that i might be on my own here in saying this but i believe for players like yourself that want to have more endgame stuff would benefit alot from perhpas having another teir of parkour, one that is harder and more technical than the current standards. maybe each successive prestige could unlock a new championstyle hard map idk. maybe each prestige should get a small manner boost but it definitely needs to be quite small as not to disrupt the current economy and system.

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
This seems like a good idea, although it is kind of unrealistic and too op for most players with prestiges, such as Cher. This would mean that every time Cher did an insane map, they would be getting 5000 mana each completion!! (If I did my math right lol) That is just too insane. I do like the idea that players with prestiges could get more rewards, but x.5 would be too much. Maybe it doesn't have to be mana. Like BDO said, players with prestiges could unlock some new perks or something.
But still, if it would increase by .5 mana each prestige, it would just cause chaos with the economy and players who don't have prestiges.