ManaCube App

lilPietra

Ratings
I suggest making a manacube app for where you can go on the forums and shops but just be able to click on the app. This will make it easier for people to keep updated when they are at school or something along those lines :)

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Apps take lots of money to make, not to mention might ruin the set up of the forums. I try to check forums when I’m at school at recess / lunch, and just have the forums already up on my ipad to check quickly, if that helps.

lilPietra

Ratings
Apps take lots of money to make, not to mention might ruin the set up of the forums. I try to check forums when I’m at school at recess / lunch, and just have the forums already up on my ipad to check quickly, if that helps.
I understand but this server does well enough to make a app and it would make the server look more professional allowing more players to be interested in playing on this server :D

GamingLoot

Ratings
28 1
An app would be a nice addition to the Manacube network but as said above apps do take a lot of time and money to create and manage, this is why we have the forums since websites are a lot easier and less costly to run / manage (Not saying it is easy in any way) so even though it would be nice to have an app I think the forums are plenty and is more beneficial to both Dacon, the staff and the players.

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Theres a lot of downside for a ManaCube App.

-Cost a lot of money
-Would Mess up the forums
-It's way easier to load up the forums on a PC/tablet/phone device.
-Dacon would prob not care about the app
-The app is unnecessary
-Dacon could possible make the app for 2 dollars usd so thats a waste of money when you have forums.
-I find it useless when you have a discord server,forums and the in game server.
-Dacon wouldn't have the time to do it.
-He's fixing bugs and with the app comes more bugs.
-I have a feeling the app might cost 10k+ USD to make.

EDIT:

i'm sleepy lol

Last edited:

GamingLoot

Ratings
28 1
Theres a lot of downside for a ManaCube App.

-Cost a lot of money
-Would Mess up the forums
-It's way easier to load up the forums on a PC/tablet/phone device.
-Dacon would prob not care about the app
-The app is unnecessary
-Dacon could possible make the app for 2 dollars usd so thats a waste of money when you have forums.
-I find it useless when you have a discord server,forums and the in game server.
-Dacon wouldn't have the time to do it.
-He's fixing bugs and with the app comes more bugs.
-I have a feeling the app might cost 10k+ USD to make.
This is a very good point as I do agree it would cost alot of money and I also believe that Dacon would not have the time to look after an app as he has to do that to the server itself and the forums which take up a lot of time as it is. The app would be just like the forums in my opinion only it would cost more money which instead could be going into the server to make improvements.

Last edited:

SpecialOffer

Dedicated Member
VIP+
SpecialOffer
SpecialOffer
Ratings
75 3
Creating an application for the server would just not be a realistic option for Manacube. Ignoring costs (which would be a major factor), the time involved in developing an app would be too long to positively benefit the server as a whole. This server has used the server forums and discord since as far back as I can remember; and has never had any issues. Having read over the replies to this thread - Seeing people think that it would benefit the business because of how it would increase the availability to be noticed by a potential future member is incorrect. Perhaps if manacube was a clothing or gaming business then an application would be useful. But considering what we are talking about is a Minecraft server that can be found through youtube advertisements, server lists and word of mouth; An application for the server would just be a total waste of time and money.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, but its true. :D

GamingLoot

Ratings
28 1
Creating an application for the server would just not be a realistic option for Manacube. Ignoring costs (which would be a major factor), the time involved in developing an app would be too long to positively benefit the server as a whole. This server has used the server forums and discord since as far back as I can remember; and has never had any issues. Having read over the replies to this thread - Seeing people think that it would benefit the business because of how it would increase the availability to be noticed by a potential future member is incorrect. Perhaps if manacube was a clothing or gaming business then an application would be useful. But considering what we are talking about is a Minecraft server that can be found through youtube advertisements, server lists and word of mouth; An application for the server would just be a total waste of time and money.

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, but its true. :D
This is a very good point as it will take alot of time which is then not being used to better the forums, discord and the server itself which is the most important thing as it is what most people play the most and visit the most. Another thing to think about is the money cost which is another thing which is making this not happen. If it took less time and money it may be a better option but we have plenty of things to keep track of the server.

IrishEmmy

PATRON+
Emmyox
Emmyox
Patron+
Ratings
64 2
I honestly like the idea of an App. Sometimes it is difficult to log onto a computer and check the forums. Especially when you work.

The App wouldn't have to be the same layout as the forum on pc, most App's aren't the same as their website counterparts.
Yes, it would cost alot of money to produce this app, but I'm sure Dacon has an interest in App development, as he did intergrate an App for his server already, which allows you to log on, on your phone. MineChat, that so many people already use. I don't think he'd be so against the idea in this case.
You should put it as a suggestion since he did already create an App for his server :) Apps can have a price on app store/google play. So you never know

Last edited:

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
I honestly like the idea of an App. Sometimes it is difficult to log onto a computer and check the forums. Especially when you work.

The App wouldn't have to be the same layout as the forum on pc, most App's aren't the same as their website counterparts.
Yes, it would cost alot of money to produce this app, but I'm sure Dacon has an interest in App development, as he did create an App for his server already, which allows you to log on, on your phone. MineChat, that so many people already use. I don't think he'd be so against the idea in this case.
You should put it as a suggestion since he did already create an App for his server :) Apps can have a price on app store/google play. So you never know
I don’t think Dacon made Minechat. Even if he did, Minechat is used only for texting, not playing the game and also not a way of getting onto the forums.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
While the chances of an app being created are very slim for the reasons stated above by @Anxii_, @... and @LumpyMud, if you feel you have a more reasonable suggestion/idea relating to this or along similar lines, you can submit it here on Feature Upvote; https://manacube.featureupvote.com.

However, the forums are accessible via mobile and like-wise devices, whether it be through google, safari or similar applications, all you have to do is search “forums.manacube.com” and the website appears and is fully useable, as well as the store (store.manacube.com).

Funtasy

Funtasize
Funtasize
Ratings
Creating an app will be really difficult and time consuming also that it will cost a decent amount of money to maintain and hire somebody who is able to make one. However you can always use your mobile internet web browser just like what Hallowqueen said. Minechat was also created a long time ago, I don't think Dacon made it however that is only for ingame chatting as well.