Manacube is losing Creative talent. Here is why, and what can be done.

julia!!

ELITE
juleea
juleea
ELITE
Ratings
Wizful! This thread was truly interesting to read. I don't spend much of my time on either forums or creative, but this post was extremely well-written and professional. This truly brings light to how forums can be used to better our community. I'm sure this has been a discussed topic for a long while now, and I'm glad that someone had the courage to speak on it; and I'm sure those whose opinions you voiced on the matter appreciate this post immensely.

Hoping that the intentions behind this post are not misunderstood ( obviously to voice and improve a topic that players are concerned with ) and that this may have some impact in the future. Best of luck, thank you!

lyricss

MVP
Ratings
71 2
The main reasons PART of the community (when there were those who didn’t agree with you) think the grading system is unfair is due to favoritism among the staff and “well-known” players and preferences that can limit creativity. However, not once have we graded/made an opinion based on our relationships to that player. We base it entirely off of the terrain, structure and organics. How well they fit together, the details of it all, etc. Terrain is the foundation of plot, and though I do agree that there are many amazing structures that have no terrain, it can still make or break the plot. When grading a plot, we try to put our preferences behind us— for example, one of the creative staff members doesn’t like mega builds, but they still look at it from an outsider view and give their opinion based on that. We always give an unbiased opinion based on the build and how well it all comes together. And for the forum post— it really doesn’t matter if the staff was offended or not. The 4th question is enough to be offended by because it feels like you’re attacking the staff members for not being skilled enough when in reality, they are. We grade unanimously as a team with higher ranked builders as well. Every opinion within the Creative staff team matters when it comes to plot submissions that are considered C and above. Again, many new additions have happened since you were senior mod. The grading system has changed, and I believe that it’s for the better.

nick.

ELITE
zrsr
zrsr
ELITE
Ratings
17 2
This is why I don't play creative.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
The main reasons PART of the community (when there were those who didn’t agree with you) think the grading system is unfair is due to favoritism among the staff and “well-known” players and preferences that can limit creativity. However, not once have we graded/made an opinion based on our relationships to that player. We base it entirely off of the terrain, structure and organics. How well they fit together, the details of it all, etc. Terrain is the foundation of plot, and though I do agree that there are many amazing structures that have no terrain, it can still make or break the plot. When grading a plot, we try to put our preferences behind us— for example, one of the creative staff members doesn’t like mega builds, but they still look at it from an outsider view and give their opinion based on that. We always give an unbiased opinion based on the build and how well it all comes together. And for the forum post— it really doesn’t matter if the staff was offended or not. The 4th question is enough to be offended by because it feels like you’re attacking the staff members for not being skilled enough when in reality, they are. We grade unanimously as a team with higher ranked builders as well. Every opinion within the Creative staff team matters when it comes to plot submissions that are considered C and above. Again, many new additions have happened since you were senior mod. The grading system has changed, and I believe that it’s for the better.
Hey Lyriccs,

Thanks for your response. I want to highlight what I believe to be the main point in your reponse:

"The main reasons PART of the community (when there were those who didn’t agree with you) think the grading system is unfair is due to favoritism among the staff and “well-known” players and preferences that can limit creativity. However, not once have we graded/made an opinion based on our relationships to that player. We base it entirely off of the terrain, structure and organics."

In the post, I say: "I was showed, by those I talked to, around plots they thought were graded unfairly. I will not make a claim about fairness. What I can say, at the very least and without a doubt, is there are extreme discrepancies between certain graded plots. Players may manifest those disparities into what they perceive as unfairness."

The most important part of my quote is that I believe that the inconsistencies in the grading process and policies may contribute to players feeling like their is favoritism and unfairness going on. You'll notice that in my solutions I only offer ideas to fix the system. I think, for example, increased transparency in the decision making process will go along way to curing the playerbase's feelings of unfairness.

I would also like to respond again to the fact that creative staff have become offended by the fourth question. I did not bring this up originally. This question came as a result of players expressing concerns over who graded. I included this question eventually to allow players to discuss ideas on how they might remedy that, because I do not like highlighting problems without offering solutions.

Thanks again for your contribution.

nick.

ELITE
zrsr
zrsr
ELITE
Ratings
17 2
Hey Lyriccs,

Thanks for your response. I want to highlight what I believe to be the main point in your reponse:

"The main reasons PART of the community (when there were those who didn’t agree with you) think the grading system is unfair is due to favoritism among the staff and “well-known” players and preferences that can limit creativity. However, not once have we graded/made an opinion based on our relationships to that player. We base it entirely off of the terrain, structure and organics."

In the post, I say: "I was showed, by those I talked to, around plots they thought were graded unfairly. I will not make a claim about fairness. What I can say, at the very least and without a doubt, is there are extreme discrepancies between certain graded plots. Players may manifest those disparities into what they perceive as unfairness."

The most important part of my quote is that I believe that the inconsistencies in the grading process and policies may contribute to players feeling like their is favoritism and unfairness going on. You'll notice that in my solutions I only offer ideas to fix the system. I think, for example, increased transparency in the decision making process will go along way to curing the playerbase's feelings of unfairness.

+1

lyricss

MVP
Ratings
71 2
Hey Lyriccs,

I would also like to respond again to the fact that creative staff have become offended by the fourth question. I did not bring this up originally. This question came as a result of players expressing concerns over who graded. I included this question eventually to allow players to discuss ideas on how they might remedy that, because I do not like highlighting problems without offering solutions.

Many of us believe that the grading system is a lot better than when you were once staff. The so-called “inconsistency” can be due to the fact that there are different styles of building along with the different themes as well. Though we do look for detail, we look at the plot as a whole and grade according to the rubric given to us. If one of the staff members believe that we didn’t grade the plot accordingly to the rubric, then they will speak out and voice their opinion.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Many of us believe that the grading system is a lot better than when you were once staff. The so-called “inconsistency” can be due to the fact that there are different styles of building along with the different themes as well. Though we do look for detail, we look at the plot as a whole and grade according to the rubric given to us. If one of the staff members believe that we didn’t grade the plot accordingly to the rubric, then they will speak out and voice their opinion.
Lyricss,

You bring up a great point. The system is probably much different than when I was staff. In response, I offer two points:

1) The players I talked to are all currently players with a vast amount of experience and stated that the system is flawed. They didn’t say it was flawed years ago. They said it was flawed now. The point about the change of the system over time does nothing to respond to their current feedback.

2) I’m glad the staff team grades as a whole. I believe that a more transparent process, like I said in the post, might serve to alleviate some criticisms.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Hello Tasses,

Unless I am mistaken, it seems like this question has gone unanswered by creative staff. I know you didn’t ask me but I hope you don’t mind I try to answer.

The debate about why terrain is a requirement seems to have two sides. When I was on staff, I understood that terrain was required so builders might show they are sufficient in a variety of different building techniques. Terrain also helps to fill the plot.

On the other hand, it has become clear to me that there are countless examples of builds that are A/A+ worthy without terrain. I showcased some in my post. You need only visit Warp Ex2 in /oldcreative and fly around for ten minutes to see a lot of them.

My opinion is that terrain shouldn’t be required, but if staff want to hold on to that rule, a good compromise is to not require it up to a certain rank. I think if it were only required for A or A+, or at least some form of organics instead of terrain and in addition to the structure, that would be a better policy.

Thanks for contributing to the discussion.

Ratings
5 2
Thanks god someone said it! I have been building on mana for awhile I quitted though and it’s so true that the moderaroa are grading “some people” better like known people and friends and I think they are also grading girls better I mean they are like my teachers the girls get an A for a bad exam the boys get a C for a good exam. / Angry_Clasher (B+)

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Thanks god someone said it! I have been building on mana for awhile I quitted though and it’s so true that the moderaroa are grading “some people” better like known people and friends and I think they are also grading girls better I mean they are like my teachers the girls get an A for a bad exam the boys get a C for a good exam. / Angry_Clasher (B+)
Let's not make this a mod bashing thread, from what I understand this post is to highlight concerns of the community and a directive for change in the process of grading from the community. Lets not get it locked for characterising the staff team as sexist!

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24

SweClasher,

I don’t think anyone on the staff team is sexist. I am sorry but I will have to passionately disagree with you.

Thank you for contributing to the discussion though.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Let's not make this a mod bashing thread, from what I understand this post is to highlight concerns of the community and a directive for change in the process of grading from the community. Lets not get it locked for characterising the staff team as sexist!
Appreciate your take!!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Shinx,

Thanks for you question.

In my post I write: "I want to also mention that there were individuals I spoke to, mostly staff members and one graded builder who agreed with the grade given on the plot discussed at the top of the post. Not everyone on the server is in complete agreement on the exact details of the grading system. That said, the overwhelming majority of the creative community recognizes there are serious problems."

The reality is clear. The vast majority of the creative talent believes grading policies and the process needs updating. That is the argument I want to highlight. The one builder I talked to who agreed with the B grade given to the plot discussed in the post I did not discuss the overall system with. Everyone else I discussed the system with agreed it was flawed in some way. I would be shocked if the player who agreed with the B grade said the system wasn't flawed, and even if they did, they would be substantially outnumbered by the rest of the community who genuinely feels this way.

Hope that answers your question. Thanks again.
Okay let me react one last time (I went to sleep sorry).
Firstly, I didn't saw this part on your post so that quite my bad, I would have still liked seeing other opinions, but like you know, that what I think.
Secondly, I don't know what you are trying to tell me, I never said the grading system was not flawless, I don't even fully know how it works, since like I told you a lot of times before, I'm not a creative staff (I just reacted on things I know). What I'm reacting is not the issue with creative grades, but the way you stated all the ideas/opinions, you want to help, but the way you explain everything was quite harsh and offensive to Creative staff for me (and I'm sure that was not your intention). I'm gonna say it again and it's only my opinion, but the way I read your thread was like a propaganda against Creative staff, and I hate that.

You are free to be against a system, but do it in a way so the people that are concerned can agree with your opinion without feeling attacked reading it.

Ratings
Made a forum account to say that this is what Creative has been needing to be said; to be heard. Posts like this, which call out the unjust nature of the grading system, entice the winds of change. Spread this thread far and wide.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Okay let me react one last time (I went to sleep sorry).
Firstly, I didn't saw this part on your post so that quite my bad, I would have still liked seeing other opinions, but like you know, that what I think.
Secondly, I don't know what you are trying to tell me, I never said the grading system was not flawless, I don't even fully know how it works, since like I told you a lot of times before, I'm not a creative staff (I just reacted on things I know). What I'm reacting is not the issue with creative grades, but the way you stated all the ideas/opinions, you want to help, but the way you explain everything was quite harsh and offensive to Creative staff for me (and I'm sure that was not your intention). I'm gonna say it again and it's only my opinion, but the way I read your thread was like a propaganda against Creative staff, and I hate that.

You are free to be against a system, but do it in a way so the people that are concerned can agree with your opinion without feeling attacked reading it.
Hey Shinx,

I’m sorry you believe the opinions of the community members that participated in this post are propaganda. Everyone who contributed only commented on the state of the system. No one attacked anyone’s character.

I think it is revealing that staff have focussed heavily on a small portion of the post while not really responding to the critical feedback of grading policies and the grading process as a whole.

Thanks for contributing.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hey Shinx,

I’m sorry you believe the opinions of the community members that participated in this post are propaganda. Everyone who contributed only commented on the state of the system. No one attacked anyone’s character.

I think it is revealing that staff have focussed heavily on a small portion of the post while not really responding to the critical feedback of grading policies and the grading process as a whole.

Thanks for contributing.
Yeah I know no one attacked anyone (Just look at Vationz reply), I just think your post overall was quite rude toward Creative staff.

And I didn't react to the "crticial feedback of grading process" because I don't have the knowledge about it (Did I said I was not a creative staff ?), if Creative staff wanna reply to your thread, they are free to do it but I don't wanna force them.

And lastly, do not include the whole staff on the "focussed heavily on a small portion", everything I stated was my opinion, not the whole staff opinion. I personally pointed out one heavily small portion since it was a portion that I found false and derogatory.

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Yeah I know no one attacked anyone (Just look at Vationz reply), I just think your post overall was quite rude toward Creative staff.

And I didn't react to the "crticial feedback of grading process" because I don't have the knowledge about it (Did I said I was not a creative staff ?), if Creative staff wanna reply to your thread, they are free to do it but I don't wanna force them.

And lastly, do not include the whole staff on the "focussed heavily on a small portion", everything I stated was my opinion, not the whole staff opinion. I personally pointed out one heavily small portion since it was a portion that I found false and derogatory.
Shinx,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will respond once more, and then any further discussion you would like to have we should take to discord.

First, no part of this post was aimed at any particular creative staff. The section which many staff have focussed on in the post regarding if staff are qualified was a shared criticism of the creative system. I understand that it may be easier for you to believe that this is an attack since you don’t play creative, are not a creative staff, and thus are not familiar with the system there.

Secondly, every staff who replied here focussed heavily on that one section. You can reread their replies if you see fit, or view how staff members are rating the posts of their colleagues “agree” whenever someone claims I was rude or offensive.

The bottom line is this. I took extra steps to ensure no one was name called, no staff member outed, -that no character was attacked. Then, after doing so, my character was continuously attacked. That is fine. But I would hope that you are able to reflect on your comments and the comments of your colleagues, and more importantly on the critical feedback in this post.

You may still disagree with me and that’s fine. Any further discussion we should move to discord to avoid creating a continuous back and forth that might lock this post.

Thanks again for your contribution to the discussion.

Last edited:

Aerios

Aerios
Aerios
Ratings
Okay so like you know, I'm not a creative staff (I still know some little creative stuffs) and I'm friend with creative staff, so I have a weird point of view on what you said, but I really wanna reply about the « Fairness in grades » that tick me so much. Oh and I will compare this to parkour maps submissions, since I think plot grades and maps submissions are quite similar in some points.

So I saw a lot of people thinking (well in your post) there is favoritism in grades. This hurt me a lot because most of the Creative staff judge a plot together, compared to Parkour Map Judge that are allowed to judge maps alone. So I think saying staff friends get better grades is kinda bullshit. Moreover, we don't even have this problem with Parkour submissions while this favoritism issue could be way more frequent on Parkour than on Creative (If someone wanna refute what I said about Map Submissions, feel free messaging me and I will go kick some map judges ass if it's actually true, but it should be not).
I personally think grades depend on the staff's point of views, everyone have his own preferences of builds (mine is humans/monsters organics for example), so I guess I kind agree about the « some styles are neglected » but that more because creative staff have their own preferences, if we ever have a crea staff that love sci-fi builds, then this style will be less neglected. But then just apply for crea staff, you might already know there is not a lot of Creative staff so if you wanna help, you know what to do (Being good at buildings is not the only requirement tho).
I don't really wanna give a big opinion about the plot, as I don't have the skill to do an architecture like that (I'm an organic lover, but I'm really bad with other stuffs), but the plot from what I saw looks quite unique and cool, but is somewhat missing something ? (I would love to see some aliens shaped organics or things like that, but that only my opinion, I guess I'm too much an organic lover x'D)

I'm gonna be honest, but I really had the feeling what I read was a propaganda, I know you wanna help, but some parts are quite... harsh ? (Like the 4th question was not needed imo, idk if this should be removed, but probably turned in a different way, because if someone tell me the same things with Map Judges, I will be very annoyed and offended)

Oh and if you wanna react about what I said, let's do this in private, I don't wanna create a war on this thread, it's only my opinion, I'm not even a creative staff, and please don't go annoy creative staff, if they want to respond, it's their choice.

Also I have a last question, is there any people you asked opinion that was in difavor to the questions you asked, or all the players you asked opinions have (kind of) the same opinions as yours ?
I didn't want to get involved in this thread more than I already did, but I think this is the largest issue with this all and I think the server needs to own up to the fact that they majorly screwed up creative.
1.) What qualifications dictate who can grade?
2.) What happened to the actual builders who graded plots?
3.) Why is the server so neglected?
4.) Why can the server hardly run despite numerous attempts at support from people outside of staff team?

You guys are running on fumes and throwing excuse after excuse for things that are clearly ruining the player base and dwindling it down to a creative server with no ambition to create a player base centered around true creativity.

Alex_Cottier

Ratings
9 4
On May 22nd, 2020, a builder was graded B for the following plot:

http://prntscr.com/sm3gq7
http://prntscr.com/sm3hir
http://prntscr.com/sm3hua
http://prntscr.com/sm3i3j

The plot can be viewed in full at /warp Ex1 on creative.

As a builder on this server for seven years, and a former creative staff member who was known for grading harshly, I think this grade creates a very unhealthy precedent. I reached out to the staff member who graded the build, and paraphrasing, they responded with three points:

1) The build did not meet the terrain requirement per grading policy.
2) It was cluttered.
3) A certain level of detail is expected for higher grades.

Let me first respond to those three points.

The first point, and most prominent problem, is that not every great build needs terrain. Visit /oldcreative, and /warp ex2. Fly around that plot for five minutes, and you will begin to understand that not every A worthy, or even A+ worthy build needs terrain. Certain building styles, cyberpunk especially, required dense structures and may not need terrain at all. This is the case in the aforementioned build.

The second point disenfranchises whole styles of building, cyberpunk amongst them. The close-nit, tight alleyways of tall macro detailed structure defines the genre this plot is aiming to represent. Saying it is too cluttered writes off this entire genre. Creative staff sometimes do not understand different styles of building. This leads to an undervaluing of builds like this, and the devaluing of organics on the server is another great example.

Lastly, and most importantly, the final point talks about a certain level of detail being 'expected'. What is that level? Is it commonly understood? Are grades given with ample explanation, and tips on how to improve, or are they given with cold shoulders and silence? I asked more than a dozen creative players and high ranked builders about this build, and the all but one I asked agreed this plot deserved higher than B. B+ was what most agreed upon.

In addition, I asked them all the same five questions.

1) How long have you been a player on creative? What building experience do you have if any?

2) Do you think the grading system is fair?

3) Do you believe the grading process could be improved? If so, how?

4) Do you believe all staff are qualified to grade, without name calling?

5) Some builders and community members have expressed concerns than Manacube is losing talent because of its grading system. Do you think this to be true? Are builders prevented from improving?

---
Here is the list of people I asked (Proof at the bottom of the post):
[A] [ELITE] Arkhitecture_
[MVP+] MaqDonalds
[B+] Vationz
[B+] Farlag
[Member] Sinachu
[MVP] FrenchKnife
[C] OgreDrupe
[A+/Marketplace Builder] Aerios
[C+] [VIP] Nitm
[A+] [VIP+] Jordn
[A+] Wormstew
[C+] [MVP+] NotCoolHammers
[A+] IRiceI

It is important to mention that the validity of these players claims, especially relating to building, should be taken seriously no matter their grade. Many, if not all, expressed concerns around the validity of the grading system itself. Therefor, grades mean rather little here. Focus on their overall experience. I have included their answers, proof in the form of discord message screenshots, at the bottom of this post. I encourage everyone to read them in full.

To stop this post from being a novel, I will summarize the main points of the answers I received.

RESPONDENT EXPERIENCE

In response to the first question, the people I talked to were intentionally different ranks, with a focus on skilled builders. I tried to gather the opinions of as many B builders and above, while also talking to donators and community members. Some of the builders I talked to were highly skilled, long-time creative players.

FAIRNESS IN GRADING

The second question comes as a result of many active community members expressing concerns about foul play. Everyone I asked said the grading system was unfair. Some attributed that to the policies which create the backbone of the system. For example, a majority agreed that terrain should not be required for a high grade, and that requiring it unnecessarily restricted creative freedoms. Many also expressed concerns around favoritism.

I was showed, by those I talked to, around plots they thought were graded unfairly. I will not make a claim about fairness. What I can say, at the very least and without a doubt, is there are extreme discrepancies between certain graded plots. Players may manifest those disparities into what they perceive as unfairness.

Here are some quotes from the answers I received:
"I've also seen prejudice in builds, some staff will grade well-known people better, and grade friends better." - OgreDrupe
"Due to the in-consistent grading standards and un-clarity in feedback given to builds I do not think its currently fair. Grade based treatment amongst players based on how well known, or how liked they are is evidently visible (as bad as it sounds to say)" - Vationz
"It seems well-known people have a bit more of a chance. But the most popular people seem to get more 'free passes'." - Sinachu
"I feel like some builds are getting preferential treatment for some reason that some plots are being overgraded (given higher grades) for a build of lesser quality than others."**
"I think reviewing on here is so incredibly biased. It's an appeal to what a reviewer loves the most and in any competition that negative bias ruins any sort of fun in being creative." - Aerios

In any server with a progression system, special attention must be given to claims like these. It may be that these claims of injustice are rooted in grading inconsistencies, which in my opinion, is most important. I will discuss potential remedies at the end of this post.

GRADING PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS

The majority of creative players I talked with said the grading process was in dire need of repair. Most agreed that while grading, staff should give detailed reasoning behind the grade. In order to improve, detailed feedback is necessary. That means whoever is responsible for the grading should be able to defend the grade with sound reasoning, and solid examples. The current examples, warp [grade] are not updated. Players rely on this for consistency. In addition, many builders expressed that they would like to see other ranked builders grade their plots. Most agreed on a simple fact: a staff member should not be able to grade a build higher than they have achieved. When typing /grades, very little information is given on exactly how to achieve each grade, and coupled with the outdated grade warp examples, may lend to the inconsistencies players feel make the grading system unfair.

QUALIFIED GRADERS

Without exception, every player I talked to expressed concerns around how they believed some staff were not qualified to grade. Most of the answers I received can be summed in Vationz' great explanation:

"This is a hard topic to discuss really - since genuinely, all mods that are currently in there positions are great people. (very nice, friendly and useful when required). However disregarding that, i do feel some mods aren't qualified to grade in all honesty. Some mods amongst creative from what I've seen - are simply put it bad when it comes to grading for example, organics, or terrain (A lot of them seem to have preferred styles of building such as dominantly structure) organics tend to be neglected as such (A common discussion or fact known amongst mana players)."

When Vationz says it is a common fact known in the community that certain style/types of building, organics among them, are neglected- they hit the nail right on the head. This very fact may be the reason the build discussed at the top of this post received a lower grade than all the respondents agreed it deserved. Most answers I received discussed the need for qualified, ranked builders to grade other builders.

LOSS OF TALENT

The most important question was met with the most important answers. All respondents, for one reason or another, believed Manacube was losing a lot of creative talent. Most agreed this was due to the problems with the grading policies and procedures, which they saw discourage people from pursuing higher ranks. A loss of talent in Manacube's creative server is extremely important for two reasons:

1) The institutional memory of the creative server depends on retaining building talent so that players can learn from other past builds. If this cycle stops, it will only serve to diminish the creative population to the three people who roleplay high school drama in chat.

2) Retaining builders on a creative plot server means retaining a steady playerbase. A steady playerbase pays the bills.

CLOSING REMARKS

I talked to two longtime members of the server, and high ranked staff, who said that they had no worries about the grade of the first shown plot. That if there was a problem, they would have heard the concern by now. The reality is much different. I was not able to include many people I talked to because of fear of some form of retaliation. More were hesitant about contributing. Many of the community members I talked to expressed concerns of favoritism. When I was talking to these staff member, simply attempting to understand the rationale of the grade given to the plot discussed at the start of the post, they felt defensive. My intention was not to attack their decision, but rather to understand it. I was explicitly told that the decision making process was to be made behind closed doors, in staff chat. In my opinion, this is not a good environment to spur creativity.

I want to also mention that there were individuals I spoke to, mostly staff members and one graded builder who agreed with the grade given on the plot discussed at the top of the post. Not everyone on the server is in complete agreement on the exact details of the grading system. That said, the overwhelming majority of the creative community recognizes there are serious problems.

I will never bring up a problem without offering my prospective solutions. Here is what I think can be done to improve how the community feels about the grading system.

First, working with the community and talented builders within, staff should revisit the warp [grades] and establish strong precedents everyone agrees on. This was set the backbone of the system, and ensure everyone is on the same page. By speaking with the community, it is clear that the first plot mentioned in this post was seen not as a B but as B+. Perhaps that can be a good starting point.

Secondly, creative staff should revisit their grading policies. If most of the building talent in the server agrees that you don't need terrain for a higher grade, for example, this policy should not exist. At the very least, some sort of compromise should be reached. For example, maybe terrain is not necessary to achieve any grade beneath [A]. It seems revisiting how staff approach different styles, cyberpunk and sci-fi among them, is also important. The thought process behind grading organics, the community agrees, must also be revisited.

Thirdly, the process in which grades are given should be revamped. The first thing is to ensure a high degree of transparency behind the decision making process. Staff should, on the plot they are grading, place signs explaining their decision in detail. This will allow the broader community, and the graded player to learn from their builds. It will preserve institutional memory and encourage people to develop their skills. The community agrees that staff who are not ranked at or above the build they are grading should not be involved in that decision. The best way to ensure grades are given fairly might be to intertwine talented builders in the decision making process somehow.

Closing, I believe that the Manacube staff, an excellent and kind group, will take this feedback at heart. These members of the community felt the need to speak up for changes they believed would benefit this server. They should be praised for doing so. Their feedback should be meticulously reviewed. More than that, it should be implemented wherever possible. I want to thank all the community members who helped out, and like them, hope the community is heard loud and clear. Let's work together to improve this wonderful community and ensure its bright future.

MESSAGE PROOF

never thought of it like that but i sort of agree

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Staff should, on the plot they are grading, place signs explaining their decision in detail. This will allow the broader community, and the graded player to learn from their builds.
Well, after some discussion on the Manacube discord, LilKayla is now giving feedback on every plot she grades by writing in a book and setting it in a chest with a gold block under. After my forum post about how to improve Creative, more light has been shown on how badly Creative needs quality-of-life changes. I agree there is a bias towards the Terrain-Structure-Organic triforce mentality and will explore that soon, but I predict there will be some more changes once there are more staff on Creative. There are SrMods, but only one Mod and one Helper.