Manacube should have a blocktop

Ratings
I once played on a skyblock server that had something called a blocktop. The way it worked was players mined cobblestone and at the end of the month the top players would get money. I quit the server the first day because it was pay to win, but I feel like this would work great on Manacube.
A few reasons I think this would work good:
  • It would give a use to the Trench enchantment (it's really bad right now)
  • Cobble gens would go from something only nerds use to a vital part of an island
  • The server has a prexisting currency so it wouldn't be hard to incorporate
  • Many more people would join Skyblock to mine cobblestone and get cubits
I hope staff see this and consider it because I would love a blocktop in Skyblock!

Edit: Here is the link to the Manacube Suggestions post, please upvote if you would like to see a blocktop! https://suggestions.manacube.com/suggestions/109886/skyblock-should-have-a-blokcktop

Last edited:

PurplePandit

PATRON
PurplePandit
PurplePandit
Patron
Ratings
I don't regularly play the skyblock servers on Manacube, but I think this is a decent idea (kind of biased since I main Olympus - aka mine, mine, and more mining lol). It's pretty similar to the monthly mining xp payouts on Olympus, but skyblock form. You should make a suggestion at https://suggestions.manacube.com/ and players who like the idea can upvote it. Maybe it'll get enough support and be implemented!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I dont think theyd add this for this season since it would be a payout. But as a dedicated prison player who transferred to skyblock, I like this idea.
Anything that will turn skyblock into less of a afk-to-win game is necessary for skyblock.
Maybe also top mobs kills monthly? I can see many potential things like this!
Good idea!

Icebarge

ELITE
Icebarge
Icebarge
ELITE
Ratings
Hey!

I've been playing on Aztec for a little bit now, so I do understand the current meta for making money and what not (Atleast for Aztec anyways... Oasis who?). Moving along, I think your idea is interesting, and that does sound like something cool! I think that cobblestone generators are a pretty big part of traditional skyblock, and seeing some improvements or changes made to fit the rest of the "modern skyblock" would be cool to see. Also yeah being able to use the trench pickaxe for something like that would also be nice.

That being said, as it stands I don't think this idea would be well received by players. Cobblestone generators are sort of useful for getting started off at the beginning of the season, however with player warps and head shops open, cobblestone generators quickly become obsolete by themselves. While a cubit or money incentive to keep using them would be interesting, this sort of adds a whole side territory that takes away from the main idea of the /is level being the determining factor for payouts. While yes there could just be in game cash payouts, cobblestone generators essentially make no profit being used alone, so the only reason people would switch to using generators is to receive these rewards. There's also the issue of auto-clickers already being problematic, and this would add to that issue as it's just hard for the anti-cheat to detect a good auto-clicker software. Simply put, I don't think having rewards for cobblestone generators alone fits the style of the Skyblock servers as they stand now.

I understand the point of also trying to switch skyblock from afk to playing, and there have been many thing introduced [The biggest being Slayer of course], however there's always room for more great features! I do think there is potential to look into something for cobblestone generators moving forward, however I think that first there would need to be a complete overhaul of cobblestone generators as they are now before adding something such as blocktop.

Have a great day and thanks for reading,

- Icebarge