Map maker // commands please help

squonkz

ELITE
Squonkz
Squonkz
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
Hello everyone, as a fairly new person to making parkour and very inexperienced I am in need of the // commands in map maker. The only one I know at the moment is //set 8, turning the block into water. Please help.

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
Hello! So, the // commands are actually part of a system called FAWE, Fast Async World Edit. There are hundreds if not thousands of commands which can be pretty hard to list, but there are some guides on the creative wiki. This guide would probably be most useful for you, but you can also check out this one if you'd like!

This website has almost all of the block IDs for Parkour. You would replace the 8 with one of these IDs to get a different block!

Hope this helped. ;D

squonkz

ELITE
Squonkz
Squonkz
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
Hello! So, the // commands are actually part of a system called FAWE, Fast Async World Edit. There are hundreds if not thousands of commands which can be pretty hard to list, but there are some guides on the creative wiki. This guide would probably be most useful for you, but you can also check out this one if you'd like!

This website has almost all of the block IDs for Parkour. You would replace the 8 with one of these IDs to get a different block!

Hope this helped. ;D
Thank you!

Once_Upon_A_Mine

VIP
Once_Upon_A_Mine
Once_Upon_A_Mine
VIP
Ratings
49 3
One of my favorite World Edit Command is .//cut. //cut cuts the selected area and turns it to air.

You can use this to create floating signs, floating water, open trapdoors, without barriers, levers, or anything in the way.

Because this is not such a good explanation, I would reccomend googling ,//cut worldedit and you can find uses and how it works.

frsz

Parkour Mod+ | Map Judge
PATRON+
frsz
frsz
Patron+
Ratings
265 7
Cut works, but alternatively you can do //set air on the blocks, as cut copies what you selected to your clipboard, and you might have something important already copied there!

Whichever works best, but w/e commands are so useful

squonkz

ELITE
Squonkz
Squonkz
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
One of my favorite World Edit Command is .//cut. //cut cuts the selected area and turns it to air.

You can use this to create floating signs, floating water, open trapdoors, without barriers, levers, or anything in the way.

Because this is not such a good explanation, I would reccomend googling ,//cut worldedit and you can find uses and how it works.
Ok thanks

squonkz

ELITE
Squonkz
Squonkz
ELITE
Ratings
47 1
Cut works, but alternatively you can do //set air on the blocks, as cut copies what you selected to your clipboard, and you might have something important already copied there!

Thank you!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435

fuck //cut, //set air is better.

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1

pffffffft imagine using 'air' ,'0' is where the kool kidz are at

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Some more niche commands for you:

//stack <up|down|left|right> - stacks in the direction of your region selection. Very handy if you want to stack piston bodies, or any updating blocks
//move <up|down|left|right> - pretty much what you think it does. Looking in the direction also works

Other interesting ones: //replace, //g, //rotate, //brush

If you want a more comprehensive tutorial, I recommend visiting creative server/watching Megrae. They have really nice tutorials for WE!

Good luck!

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya just going to pitch in here!
A few good tutorial creators for WorldEdit / FAWE are Grian, Megrae, and Plutouthere; I fully recommend looking up either one of them, as they allowed me to grasp the basics and move onto more advanced world edit commands <3

I wish you the best of luck with your learning of Worldedit and I hope I helped!