Rejected Map Submission - "Big Blocks"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Hello! I am Tate and this is my submission for my map.

Username: Tate_C
Map Name: Big Blocks
Photos:
2019-08-30_20.06.39.png

2019-08-30_20.06.57.png

Plot Number: #1
Difficulty: Medium
Number of Jumps: 94
Number of Checkpoints (Including the one at the beginning): 8

More Info:
This is my first map "Big Blocks". I was the only builder, and I spent in total around 9-10 hours building it. LeiSkule reviewed it and told me that it was pretty good, but they said that pixel art doesn't usually get accepted. I then went on to read the Map Submission Information and Format thread and saw it there too. I didn't read the thread before I built it because I was worried if I did /submit it would instantly submit it. I'm sorry if there is too much pixel-art but I hope it doesn't take away from the rest of the level.
The level isn't too difficult, but it is extremely long, therefore I'm not really sure what difficult it is. Like I wrote earlier, I would guess medium.
Overall I'm pretty sure this level fits in all of the requirements. A couple of things that might be borderline:
1. Redstone. In the redstone ore part of the level there is a ton of redstone. I got rid of the piston sections but there's still a lot of redstone lamps, detector rails and such so I hope that's ok
2. Glass Panes. In the Sea Lantern part, I have floating glass panes, but I put two of them together. It says that there can't be single floating glass panes, but since the two panes are connected I wasn't 100% sure

That's all I really have to say. I hope you enjoy the level even though it could be considered mostly pixel art. I only just found this server around a week ago, so I'm pretty noob-ish lol. Since this was my first time making a level, it was a bit confusing and I sort of screwed up but I hope you still like it.

Thank you so much for your time, I love this server!!!

- Tate

LeiSkule

Dedicated Member
Mapper
LeiSkule
LeiSkule
Ratings
50 2
Hello! I am Tate and this is my submission for my map.

Username: Tate_C
Map Name: Big Blocks
Photos: View attachment 17215
View attachment 17216
Good luck man
Plot Number: #1
Difficulty: Medium
Number of Jumps: 94
Number of Checkpoints (Including the one at the beginning): 8

More Info:
This is my first map "Big Blocks". I was the only builder, and I spent in total around 9-10 hours building it. LeiSkule reviewed it and told me that it was pretty good, but they said that pixel art doesn't usually get accepted. I then went on to read the Map Submission Information and Format thread and saw it there too. I didn't read the thread before I built it because I was worried if I did /submit it would instantly submit it. I'm sorry if there is too much pixel-art but I hope it doesn't take away from the rest of the level.
The level isn't too difficult, but it is extremely long, therefore I'm not really sure what difficult it is. Like I wrote earlier, I would guess medium.
Overall I'm pretty sure this level fits in all of the requirements. A couple of things that might be borderline:
1. Redstone. In the redstone ore part of the level there is a ton of redstone. I got rid of the piston sections but there's still a lot of redstone lamps, detector rails and such so I hope that's ok
2. Glass Panes. In the Sea Lantern part, I have floating glass panes, but I put two of them together. It says that there can't be single floating glass panes, but since the two panes are connected I wasn't 100% sure

That's all I really have to say. I hope you enjoy the level even though it could be considered mostly pixel art. I only just found this server around a week ago, so I'm pretty noob-ish lol. Since this was my first time making a level, it was a bit confusing and I sort of screwed up but I hope you still like it.

Thank you so much for your time, I love this server!!!

- Tate

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Tate_C!

Glad to see a map submission from you! I'm going to be giving this map a "-1" for the following reasons: The theme isn't that original, since there are several big Minecraft block maps. The build isn't that attractive since it's just Minecraft blocks and it's very simple. The PK does not fit the medium difficulty due to the extensive amount of jumps (bordering on 100) while being relatively easy for such an amount (I highly recommend cutting down on the jumps by at least half or near there). The PK was also quite repetitive, I saw a common theme of ladders. I do believe the map needs some fine-tuning, I wish you the best of luck.

p.s I found multiple skips/unnecessary jumps in the map:

WaffleLord47

Ratings
Map looks great! The jumps are fairly easy, but there is a lot of them so they cancel eachother out. Also, there is a few big block map, but since this one seems to be well executed it can be accepted with a few tweaks. Good luck!

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Hey Tate_C

Sad to say we will be Rejecting this map

The concept and theme are fairly unoriginal because of theres plenty of "Big Block" maps.
The build is as good as it could be as it's just copied from normal Minecraft.
The parkour is a bit all over the place however, theres lost of skips as Pat said, There are no real original jumps and it's all repeating jumps really, not to mention its way too long for a medium map.

Thank you for submitting this map and we hope to see more from you in the future.

Have a nice day!
-Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.