bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Theres several problems with this one. The theme is very unoriginal as there is already a cake map (the 2nd easy map) and the builds are almost identical.

The parkour is mostly floating and repetitive (especially the part inside the cake). The jumps are made up almost entirely by full blocks and cake. Try adding a variety of blocks like piston heads, brewing stands, fences, vines, enchanting tables and water. It was almost too easy even for an easy because there were no challenging or interesting jumps to distinguish the map.

The path of the map was easy to follow, but that doesn't make up for the rest of the problems.

Finally, when placing "checkpoint" signs type "Checkpoint" on the top row so that staff can easily replace it. :)

edit: The parkour is also long for an easy map, (55 jumps) but I did not really notice because it was so easy.

nickclosed

Forum Expert
PATRON+
nickclosed
nickclosed
Patron+
Ratings
306 10
I agree with him above, this idea has already been used it’s literally the second easy map ever made.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
I'm gonna give this a -1. This is because the theme is unoriginal. Do /log cake and you can see a really really similar build there. I think you should read the Parkour Map List before you build a map, Here!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Danielle7108,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
As it has been mentioned above, the theme is extremely unoriginal as we already have a map with the exact same theme (Cake.) Before making a map, please make sure that the theme hasn't already been done by going here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is also very similar to the map mentioned above, and despite being accurate to how the cake looks, all-in-all the build is unoriginal.
The parkour is slightly different than the original map; however it is still quite repetitive. Try incorporating different jump styles throughout your entire map! You can look at recently accepted maps for some examples of these! The jumps were incorporated with the theme quite nicely, and although the map is a bit too long for an easy, the jump difficulty fits in quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.