Ratings
255 2
Map Creator: GamersDecision
Map Name: MilesElectric
/plot home GamersDecision 6
Difficulty: Insane
Jumps: 102
Checkpoints: 10

This is a device Tails uses in the Sonic series. The appearance varies between games and comics but I've based my build of the Sonic Unleashed one. I'm going to post a picture link to that here too.

Thanks for checking out my submission. Any advice or critique on the map would be greatly appreciated. :D

Here's a link to a second reference picture, since this picture is for some reason too big for the server to process.
EDIT: After Quinny's advice I have tried to change the shading to make the build look better! The picture on this forum page is now slightly inaccurate. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey Gamers :)
You ask for criticism and you shall receive! sorry it's quite a bit late, i've had a busy day...
I was not able to test the parkour, but I've asked Casey to take a look at it when he gets the chance on my behalf. So I will only talk about the build.

The build is pretty accurate to what you were going for, it is recognizable as the device, so good job on that! However, the shading is very, very strange to me. It looks like you replaced whatever block you initially built with as //replace [block] wool:yellow,stainedclay:yellow, and left it like that. It's very off putting to the eye, and looks very scattered when the build is otherwise solid. I would recommend either making the base of the device entirely yellow wool without shading, or I would highly recommend making the base yellow wool and being much more strategic about how you place the stained yellow clay. The scattered nature of the way it is currently shaded kinda breaks the build for me. While I do think some parts of the build could be more rounded around the edges, I think it's fine for what it is. My greatest concern is the shading.

I leave it to casey to critique the parkour when he gets a chance :)

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey Gamers :)
You ask for criticism and you shall receive! sorry it's quite a bit late, i've had a busy day...
I was not able to test the parkour, but I've asked Casey to take a look at it when he gets the chance on my behalf. So I will only talk about the build.

The build is pretty accurate to what you were going for, it is recognizable as the device, so good job on that! However, the shading is very, very strange to me. It looks like you replaced whatever block you initially built with as //replace [block] wool:yellow,stainedclay:yellow, and left it like that. It's very off putting to the eye, and looks very scattered when the build is otherwise solid. I would recommend either making the base of the device entirely yellow wool without shading, or I would highly recommend making the base yellow wool and being much more strategic about how you place the stained yellow clay. The scattered nature of the way it is currently shaded kinda breaks the build for me. While I do think some parts of the build could be more rounded around the edges, I think it's fine for what it is. My greatest concern is the shading.

I leave it to casey to critique the parkour when he gets a chance :)
Thanks for the advice! I knew the clay and wool placement in the build looked quite odd and I noticed it instantly after I made it of two different blocks. (I was having great difficulties finding two colors of yellow that weren't too different and this is the closest I got. Maybe I can replace it with a different setting) I feared the build may have been too bland if it was only yellow wool but I'll see again today how it looks like that :)

Thanks again! :D

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello GamersDecision,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original, as we do not have any maps based on this device (or even this specific sonic game,) so good job on that!
The build is accurate to what you were going for, and there are plenty of details to be seen throughout! I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this!
The parkour is varied throughout, and it is incorporated with the theme quite nicely! The length of the course and difficulty of the jumps fit the insane difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.