Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
:mc_331-0:
Hello Everyone!
Welcome to my new thread about everything the community has to share about Minecraft!

I recently found out that my little cousin started playing Minecraft and is SUPER into it! While he may act like he knows everything about the game, he still has a lot to learn that even his friend can't teach him. This is where YOU come in. Many players of our community have been playing the game for who knows how long and I suspect you've picked up multitudes of information that an average player would never think of.
So go ahead! Drop any tips and tricks that you've picked up over the years about vanilla Minecraft and I'll compile them into a big, unofficial community handbook full of experienced player secrets!
You can include anything as obscure, complex, or simple that you want, it's encouraged!
:mc_264-0:
edit: laney is poggers is not a tip or trick

Last edited:

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
1. Laney is poggers

vitras

Banned
Ratings
9 2
Make sure to tell her Vitras is a nono word or she will be auto banned

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
These are the first things you should get with iron
1) A SWORD.
2) A shield
3) Pickaxe
4) Chestplate
5) the rest of the armor
6) axe

Incompleteekoala

Dedicated Member
ELITE
InCompleteeKoala
InCompleteeKoala
ELITE
Ratings
I have a couple of things,

1. Diamond armor isn't everything, make sure to enchant the armor, or it's not very good. (prot 4 unbreaking 3 is the minimum personally)
2. When you start enchanting try and get fortune 3 as your first major enchant. This allows for more access to lapis, diamonds, and coal.
3. Try and get mending books as soon as possible (So long as you are in 1.9+). This along with mining will keep your tools forever.
4. Keep the light level or your home area above 7, that will make your base mob free.
5. If you one hit a zombie Pigman or a wolf the rest of them will not come after you.
6. If playing a public server make friends with people. It will allow you to want to stay on said server for longer.
7. When going on a long mining trip always bring extra wood with you for torches and in case your pick breaks.

I know a lot of these are known but just wanted to share what I remembered from when I started playing. Although it's changed so much since 2012.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Go and try to sleep in the nether! This will 1000% work!!!

(I actually got 2 minecraft handbooks, the one showed earlier lol, If I happen to find them I’ll add some legit tips and tricks)

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6

Damn yall forgot about the minecraft hand books??? bruuuh, tell your sister to watch dream he has some big IQ. (NOT A DREAM STAN)
I USED TO READ THOSE EVERY DAY !! I borrowed them from my classmates since my parents didn't get me them : (

CosmicLunaBunny

Forum Expert
MVP+
JoinVC
JoinVC
MVP+
Ratings
90 9
I USED TO READ THOSE EVERY DAY !! I borrowed them from my classmates since my parents didn't get me them : (
YOOOOO, I still have my books, remember when those books were like a big thing. Now that I look back, these books and minecraft is everything too me.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Those were huge in 3rd grade
My dad had the redstone one and the pickaxe one and I still have them

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I have a couple of things,

1. Diamond armor isn't everything, make sure to enchant the armor, or it's not very good. (prot 4 unbreaking 3 is the minimum
I learned that the hard way on KitPvP :D