Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So recently a new feature has been added- ./chathide
It's similar to turning off chat, but you will still be able to see certain things such as ./helpop and friend messages. You are still able to see shouts as well, and join messages. I think that chathide has potential, but I feel that chathide should also hide shouts, as well as join messages. I feel that the only thing that you should be able to see is friend messages since you can control who messages you with the friends plugin- but you cannot control which shouts you see, nor can you hide join messages. Let me know what your thoughts are on the new feature, and if you agree!!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hey cookie!

I think /chathide should hide joinmessages and shouts too :D
Maybe they will add this later on, would love to see that implemented :)
Yeah, I'm assuming that changes will be made to the feature in the near future, since it's just be added we'll have to wait and see- just thought it would be good to add this as some suggestions.

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
It's similar to turning off chat, but you will still be able to see certain things such as ./helpop and friend messages. You are still able to see shouts as well, and join messages. I think that chathide has potential, but I feel that chathide should also hide shouts, as well as join messages. I feel that the only thing that you should be able to see is friend messages since you can control who messages you with the friends plugin- but you cannot control which shouts you see, nor can you hide join messages. Let me know what your thoughts are on the new feature, and if you agree!!
This would be a pretty cool thing to see implemented! Hopefully it will be added to the server.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Love chathide because it's great for when I'm on parkour and trying to not have my chat flooded with CUCUMBERRRR or other nasty things that are completely disturbing... feel bad for the staff ;-;

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
lemme see what the admins think :D

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I absolutely disagree.
While I love chathide, as it was my suggestion ;), I do not think it should hide shouts, join messages, or the similar.
If you don't want to see these, I think you should put chat opacity to minimum.
I'm not against having some way to hide specific player shouts and join messages, but it should not be in a command that everyone has access to. Chathide is to prevent you from seeing spam and ill-manored messages which are not often in shouts and never in join messages.

I do think chathide should be donor only, since this was the original idea i had for when Dacon asked for 'ideas to get people to buy ranks on parkour'. And its only 5 cubits/dollars so you definitely can afford it.

Separately, chathide does not block clan chat or ally clan chat on Olympus. I feel indifferent about this, but I don't know if this was intentional or an oversight.

Killerxd2003

Dedicated Member
ELITE
killerxd2003
killerxd2003
ELITE
Ratings
I absolutely disagree.
While I love chathide, as it was my suggestion ;), I do not think it should hide shouts, join messages, or the similar.
If you don't want to see these, I think you should put chat opacity to minimum.
I'm not against having some way to hide specific player shouts and join messages, but it should not be in a command that everyone has access to. Chathide is to prevent you from seeing spam and ill-manored messages which are not often in shouts and never in join messages.

I do think chathide should be donor only, since this was the original idea i had for when Dacon asked for 'ideas to get people to buy ranks on parkour'. And its only 5 cubits/dollars so you definitely can afford it.

Separately, chathide does not block clan chat or ally clan chat on Olympus. I feel indifferent about this, but I don't know if this was intentional or an oversight.
I disagree, at least with the notion that it should be donator only. The purpose of chathide, at least from my perspective, is to improve the quality of a game mode for all players. Players shouldn’t have to pay to not see people’s attempts at spamming or evading the filter, at that point the server is just asking too much.

I like this idea! Hopefully it will be implemented!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Honestly, shout is sometimes as bad as the game mode chats... but it doesn't get out of control as much since there's a cooldown on shouts. At least, that's my theory. Still, the toxicity in shout exists, and there are people who still don't seem to understand that responding to shouts in the chat is pointless because the person shoutting can't see the message unless they're on the same server.