VIP
Ratings
Map created by: AsianKid0
Name of the map: NaniAndPeep
Plot #: /plot h AsianKid0
Map Difficulty: Expert
Amount of jumps: 98ish
Checkpoints - 7

Ok, I know that there is already a Brawl Stars themed map. But I feel like in the game that these are different enough. To put this in 'minecraft terms' I believe that spike is kind of like a diamond sword, while Nani and Peep are kinda like TNT. They can be used for the same things, like killing other players or mobs, but TNT can also be useful as a utility. Tnt and diamond swords would never be classified as the same things, and I believe that the maps spike and this, if it gets accepted, are different enough, as not only are they not the same thing, the only thing they have in common is that they are from the same game. Just because TNT and diamond swords are from the same game, this does not mean that they are 2 of the same things, and only one of them should be accepted. But I guess, this is just my opinion though.

Attachments

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey AsianKid0,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate on why your map isn't unoriginal just because we already have another Brawl Stars-related map. Your points are correct, that's exactly how I view it. You can build a lot of creative and original things from a single game, and this is no different. You themed your map after another character from the same game as "Spike", that doesn't make it unoriginal. This map is most definitely original.
  • Build: After looking at what Nani and Peep look liked in Brawl Stars, I concluded that this build doesn't do them great justice. I feel as if the build could be improved in a couple of areas, even if it did do some things right. It definitely looks like Nani and Peep, but, sometimes, that's not enough. For starters, they're both just identical floating spheres (even if one of them has limbs) with no real sense of purpose. I don't see the cohesion between the two builds, they're just behind one and other. You could've made a central Nani build with Peep floating around it, that would've looked better. Regarding how they actually look, I think they could look better. As I mentioned before, they're just blue spheres. I don't see a lot of effort put into them to look different or to have some better dimensionality to them. It's just rather bland. And, another thing, the floating parkour really doesn't do any favors to the build's overall attractiveness.
  • Parkour: The parkour is definitely long enough for an expert but it is not hard enough for it. This map definitely felt more like a hard map than an expert. So you're gonna have to either cut back on a couple of jumps or buff the entire map, because it was too easy. I did notice you tried to make the parkour as varied as possible, and, for the most part, you did. You repeated some jumps here and there but that can be fixed.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.