Accepted Nature's Burden - Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
In the time pat still hasn't replied to me i put a few hours into another insane, this time with more story line.

Map Name: Nature's Burden
Creator: BDOsborne
Map Location: ./plot v BDOsborne 2
Number of Jumps: 130
Difficulty: Insane?

Not to sure if parkour is fun but let me know :)
Btw ik its a "floating island", but have you ever considered how many "statue's" get accepted as different themes....
2020-09-21_21.28.22.png
2020-09-21_21.29.34.png
2020-09-21_21.31.08.png
2020-09-21_21.32.04.png

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
While I do think this map has potential, I will be giving you a -1

Theme: I see what you're going for with the biome theme and what not, but I found the build a little bit to messy.
Parkour: ok so this is what I have a major problem with. I found the parkour way to hard and confusing. It was also very messy, and a little bit repetitive with all the ladder neos. At the end of the map, under the pressure plate, you need to put a wool color with the colors of each map listed below.

Easy: Lime
Medium: Yellow
Hard: Red
Expert: Purple
Insane: Orange

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
While I do think this map has potential, I will be giving you a -1

Theme: I see what you're going for with the biome theme and what not, but I found the build a little bit to messy.
Parkour: ok so this is what I have a major problem with. I found the parkour way to hard and confusing. It was also very messy, and a little bit repetitive with all the ladder neos. At the end of the map, under the pressure plate, you need to put a wool color with the colors of each map listed below.

Easy: Lime
Medium: Yellow
Hard: Red
Expert: Purple
Insane: Orange
Hi thx for ur feedback, just curious as to what part of the build you felt was to messy and which bits of the parkour were to confusing/hard so i can give them some tlc.

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
what part of the build you felt was to messy
Don't listen to him. He has a reputation on the forums for criticizing builds way too harshly for even the smallest things. He's never given anyone a +1 before. I think your build is very good. The edges are very jagged which gives it a very impaling and scary feel.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
Don't listen to him. He has a reputation on the forums for criticizing builds way too harshly for even the smallest things. He's never given anyone a +1 before. I think your build is very good. The edges are very jagged which gives it a very impaling and scary feel.
ahhahah right, thanks.
It was also hard to create a "smooth" surface that looked natural enough to be on the bottom side of the rotated island so i resorted to leaving it as is.
<3

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
holy shit it's been a whole month

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
OK legit tho first of all i found a minor exploit here
1601855984677.png

I think the parkour is way too hard for this server. some linear jumps i couldnt do even with basic bwmm lol. This is manacube so we're still very far behind on difficulty, so this will need heavy nerfing. Other thing is that the last jump def needs to be heavily nerfed. Idk what it is but it looks like a 11-24 to td, which is by far too hard of a jump, like even a 9-15 would likely be considered too hard.

Overall +1 because It's a really good map and I dont want to see you wait a whole month just for it to be rejected for "tOo HArD". I hope the judge can put it into reviewing.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
OK legit tho first of all i found a minor exploit here
View attachment 36916
I think the parkour is way too hard for this server. some linear jumps i couldnt do even with basic bwmm lol. This is manacube so we're still very far behind on difficulty, so this will need heavy nerfing. Other thing is that the last jump def needs to be heavily nerfed. Idk what it is but it looks like a 11-24 to td, which is by far too hard of a jump, like even a 9-15 would likely be considered too hard.

Overall +1 because It's a really good map and I dont want to see you wait a whole month just for it to be rejected for "tOo HArD". I hope the judge can put it into reviewing.
Thanks for exploit, looks easy enough to patch. ill definitely nerf last one and dm me on discord for jumps which were plainly to difficult.
Thanks so much for feedback, it really helps, i mean its hard to review your own work to improve it so cheers.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey BDOsborne,

Good news! I'll be putting your map into reviewing.

The theme is really original, as we don't have any maps like this. I don't consider your map as a floating island, as it's way different to most floating island maps we currently have. The the build has been executed differently enough to be considered original! The build is great. There's a lot of detail to be seen and it's overall built very well. Great job! You used a lot of variation in your course, which is good.

The reason I'll be putting your map into reviewing, is that it's too difficult compared to most insane maps we currently have. We understand that it's an insane map, and it's good to have some insane maps on the harder end of the scale. However, we still think that it should be nerfed a bit, as the level of difficulty simply makes it less enjoyable. You also have a lot of floating jumps at the start of the map. I feel like it would be great if you would try to implement these jumps in the build a bit more, to avoid making the build look messy. If you have any questions about this or need some tips, feel free to DM me on Discord (Uneasilly#8233). You can also start a conversation with me on the forums, or simply reply to this thread.

Good luck, and have a great day!
Sil

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
hahha yay.
thanks sil,
i will rework the start, but do you have any suggestions on how to start the parkour, its annoying cos i have to start at 30 blocks from bottom but i also want to start highish to let people have a better view of the build lol.
in terms of difficult jumps if you are available in the next 4 hours on mc it would be great to just go through the course so you can point out the jumps which would cause.... frustration.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hellos!
I suggest moving the starting platform a bit towards the build / shortening the floating parkour section and starting it closer to the islands. You could also consider starting off with a slime jump, if you like? Sounds like a good idea to go through the parkour together sometime, could you please DM me on Discord so we can find out when we're both free to do this? :)
Sil

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey again!

After going over the parkour together, you've improved it a lot. It now fits the insane difficulty better, and it's very enjoyable to do! You've also implemented the floating jumps at the start in the build more. I now am happy to accept your map!

I'd love to see more maps from you in the future!
Have a great day,
Sil

Status
Not open for further replies.