New Additions for Olympus Season 4?

Would You Like To See Some New Olympus Additions?

• Total voters

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Recently, I have noticed that Aether Olympus has been pretty dead with not many people online as often. Not as many regulars are coming on and lots of people are quitting. Overall, I believe that Olympus may need a revamp with new challenges and many more player-requested characteristics. My first request would be ascending challenges. As there are rebirth challenges, there should be ascending challenges. They can even be optional! Although you can infinitely ascend, even just 5-10 challenges would be fun to complete! Sometimes the same things get boring over and over and waiting months and months for a server reset can be a painstaking wait.
I'd love to see some feedback on what other Olympus players think about possible new additions!

<3

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
Hey!!

Olympus is very important to me! So I'm always happy to see some ideas that players have about possible new features for upcoming seasons. Who knows, if I like them... I might pass them on ;). I'll keep a close eye to this thread to see if there are any possible and good ideas!! <3

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Hey!!

Olympus is very important to me! So I'm always happy to see some ideas that players have about possible new features for upcoming seasons. Who knows, if I like them... I might pass them on ;). I'll keep a close eye to this thread to see if there are any possible and good ideas!! <3
ahhhh thank youuu! i appreciate it so much! :D

BuffIzzy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
BuffIzzy
BuffIzzy
Patron
Ratings
176 1
I 100% agree, I used to main aether and have switched partly over to parkour, because I've found aether to get too repetitive. After completing the first rebirths that have little challenges (like completing Hermes tower or sacrificing melons for example), I have lost interest in rebirthing as all I have to do is mine or collect money from a grinder. I can't think of any ideas off the top of my head, but I'd love to see other people's ideas on how to bring aether back to life again!!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
This is something I've though about before. After 3 seasons of pretty much the same thing, it's not that exciting.
Some ideas that I have go possibly fix this are
-making it less of an afk based game once you complete the first little bit of mining
-make new challenges for rebirths that take a longer time to complete
-a new map: different spawn, different mines, ect.

I am personally very against using farms and spawner to get money to rankup/rebirth. I feel like these farms make the game way too much of a strategy game. I think prison should be more about mining. Soon after you ascend, mining takes a long time to get enough money to keep ascending and grinders become much more efficient. This makes mining rather useless.

I think even with new stuff it becomes very challenging to keep players interested. I've for sure seen multiple, waves let's say, of players coming, doing their thing, then leaving. I think it will continue this pattern but it can be slowed down or reduced with new things.

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
keep the ideas coming :)

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Last night I had a dream that I was my minecraft character and playing Olympus but only from free world.
So maybe something cool to do in free world?

el_penguino3

MVP+
el_penguino3
el_penguino3
MVP+
Ratings
I am personally very against using farms and spawner to get money to rankup/rebirth. I feel like these farms make the game way too much of a strategy game.
While I agree with the sentiment toward spawners being generally OP, I would still be reluctant to get rid of farms (e.g. cactus) completely.

Looking specifically at
I think prison should be more about mining.
If gameplay is changed so that the new meta is mining all the time, then I would sincerely hope that we would see more/larger mines to use.

And since we are talking about changes being made to the game that make it more enjoyable, I'll also link this suggestions thread about Ancient Trials by Harmless Telly Tubby:
https://manacube.com/threads/ancien...ng-time-and-it-needs-a-change-its-dead.56633/

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
another idea I have for s4 would be separate mines for those with and without trench. messy mining is a big annoyance to lots of players due to the fact that it ruins the scheme and flow of a mine. I can't think of a person who isn't aggravated by it. especially since trench miners have to mine neatly and in the center of the 3x3 mining area, players who messy mine without trench ruin the ability of players to easily and efficiently mine with trench. there should be an option to mine in a "trench" mine or a "non-trench" mine if it is convenient for most players. I feel that this would be able to settle many problems with players yelling at each other in chat for messy mining, and it could also ease a lot of anger. therefore, if you have bought a trench enchantment book, you are permitted to enter the trench mines. hopefully this idea is taken into consideration :)
thanks!

- ashley <3

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
new idea: ban all messy miners! jk jk
but on a more serious note, I totally agree that the server could use some more "upgrades" or new features... I find that it is very boring, and I kinda just sit afk or talk to people, I don't really see much reason to come online other than to talk to my friends.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
another idea I have for s4 would be separate mines for those with and without trench. messy mining is a big annoyance to lots of players due to the fact that it ruins the scheme and flow of a mine. I can't think of a person who isn't aggravated by it. especially since trench miners have to mine neatly and in the center of the 3x3 mining area, players who messy mine without trench ruin the ability of players to easily and efficiently mine with trench. there should be an option to mine in a "trench" mine or a "non-trench" mine if it is convenient for most players. I feel that this would be able to settle many problems with players yelling at each other in chat for messy mining, and it could also ease a lot of anger. therefore, if you have bought a trench enchantment book, you are permitted to enter the trench mines. hopefully this idea is taken into consideration :)
thanks!

- ashley <3
I have found a few problems with this suggestion. (It's a good suggestion, just a few flaws)
Firstly, most trench miners get their enchantment when they hit Lvl 70. This means they do not purchase the trench book themselves, ergo, you can have trench but not be able to enter the trench mines.
Secondly, if you gain access to the trench mines by having a mining level of 70+, there still might be players who do not have the trench enchantment.
I'm not sure if it's possible to code it so you need the trench enchantment and level 70 to enter the trench mines but that could be a possibility.
Btw, congrats on helper!
-kxe

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I have found a few problems with this suggestion. (It's a good suggestion, just a few flaws)
Firstly, most trench miners get their enchantment when they hit Lvl 70. This means they do not purchase the trench book themselves, ergo, you can have trench but not be able to enter the trench mines.
Secondly, if you gain access to the trench mines by having a mining level of 70+, there still might be players who do not have the trench enchantment.
I'm not sure if it's possible to code it so you need the trench enchantment and level 70 to enter the trench mines but that could be a possibility.
Btw, congrats on helper!
-kxe
You are absolutely right! I came across this realization last night so I find it funny that you mentioned it today! Also thank you so much!<3

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I am personally very against using farms and spawner to get money to rankup/rebirth. I feel like these farms make the game way too much of a strategy game. I think prison should be more about mining. Soon after you ascend, mining takes a long time to get enough money to keep ascending and grinders become much more efficient. This makes mining rather useless.
This I can 100% get behind, I personally enjoy mining and I think it should be more of the central focus.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Backpacks this season are kind of dumb. There could be a lot of use for them but they're not doing much at the moment.
I think fixing or upgrading the backpack system would be cool.
Some ideas I have are:
-Different size backpacks
-Large backpacks won from crates
-with each backpack a small sell booster (0.5 0.1; different for each size?)
-making it so the backpack fills before your inventory autosells
-ability to view contents (not sure if you can now, I've never wasted mana on one)
-a leveling system that makes you have to be a higher mining level for different size backpacks

These ideas will make backpacks become part of the game. They will make mining become a larger part of the leveling up in the game. It will make people want to mine more. The leveling system will give a reason to level past 75.

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
/maxrankup
This let's you go from your current rank, to the highest you can without having to spam commands.
Chat message could look like:
SSM_GOD has ranked up from [Farmer] to [Titan]

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I know this is very long but I thought it's better than a bunch of small posts.

G.O.T.G. drops:
When you get in the zone and later focus on mining, it's easy to lose track of when your gift of the gods are coming up. And if your inventory is full when you recieve one, it drops onto the ground. Not only do you lose it, other players can pick it up. A way to fix this is by making your inventory sell right before you get a g.o.t.g. This wouldnt really affect autosell because 10k blocks takes a while to mine, so 1 autosell cycle doesnt really matter. And there would be no more g.o.t.g. that gets missed out on.
(Should be added for this season)

Clans:
Clans are currently used as a FLEX. If you're in royal, or godtier, you become a 'cool kid' of hades. And the clans system provides no benefit except for being protected from attack by clan members. Maybe to add to this or fix this, the clan leveling system can actually do something. Also would be cool of top kills clan gets a sell booster or daily ancient crate key.

Vote rewards:
Many players, including myself, have very little incentive to vote. Getting 300 mana or 2 dragon fruit isn't inspiring. Increased mana reward, crate keys, useful spawners, sell wands, build wands, and ce books would be cool to see.
Maybe vote tiers can start off by giving the current rewards and max level has chance to reward good items.

G.O.T.G. rewards:
Simular to vote crates, gift of the gods arent useful after early game. Mining for 20 minutes while earning 30k mana just to be rewarded with 600 mana or a pig spawner is a big demotivator. Instead, reward with useful spawners, larger mana/money rewards, or mana/money booster. I think it's better if the reward seems a little op at the begining of the season and balanced at the end other than that backwards.

Rebirth-rankup cost increase:
To slow down ranking up, make the cost of ranking up be 1+0.01×rebirth level. If a rankup costs 100k when you have no rebirths, at rebirth 25, make it cost
100,000(1+(0.01×25))
100,000(1.25)

Party bomb:
Add an item purchasable maybe from /kilton or another in game shop with mana or money, or webstore. This item is similar to the birthday crate party bomb where when used, every player online gets a reward. This reward could be a G.O.T.G. or a vote crate or something of a similar sort.

Reward for rebirthing:
I know for the first 13 rebirhts you get something, but those are basic and truthfully, lame. I thought they were supposed to spice it up for season 3 and have something like this, but it doesn't. When rebirthing, reward with a considerate reward. 50k mana or maybe a free enchant upgrade.
Possibly you could add larger rewards for milestone rebirths. Like a special pick for 100 rebriths?

Mana boost tokens:
Similar to the sell boosters, these tokens give a multiplier to mana earned. Not many people really care for the current money sell booster but I believe people would be all over a mana booster. I dont know if there is a need for so much mana, it people are always out there competing for mana.

Aditional custom enchants:
Although the current custom enchant plugin is cool, it's got a bunch of problems. A lot of the enchants dont work, or dont properly, the enchant are targeted towards armor for pvp which is such a small part of the game. I think adding some more enchants for tools, mostly picks, would be cool. Maybe one to boost mana, one that boosts experience a decent amount, one that boosts sell price, one that increases reach distance, one that is used to 'prank' nearby miners! Lol! Maybe this gives them dizziness, blindness, slowness, mining fatigue! That would be funny!

Fix armor durability:
Since at least season 2, armor durability is not affected by unbreaking or hardened enchants. This is a big deturant for me and my friends to go pvping because we know thay no matter how much exp, mana, time and effort we put in to upgradng armor, it's for nothing.
Basicaly what's going on with this bug is armor takes durability points per hit regardless of unbreaking or hardened. I have already made a ticket to report this with video evidence. If your interested in seeing what I mean, just messages me and I'll send the video link.

Fix 'unbreakable':
On my shamrock pick at the minimum, the status of being unbreakable doesnt work. It still shows low durability message and breaks. Because of this, I've not been able to use my pick. This is something that's been reported many times but I feel it's already been broken for too long. Should definitely be added for season 4.

ShayminBoi

ELITE
Sunflower_Duck
Sunflower_Duck
ELITE
Ratings
I think having another trigger mark outside of just cash would be beneficial to ascending, as it prevents people just afk playing and grinding rebirths with alts.

Maybe something such as Mining XP, Slayer level or a new trigger entirely would be beneficial, I believe the main point should be that it requires active playing of the game to reach that activation for the rebirth.

monkeyalice

ELITE
ajkams
ajkams
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with SSM on the free world thing, that option seems so pointless as if you were to find ores etc, it wouldnt mean anything as you get the majority in mines/ shop anyway. The free world seems very forgotten and left out, so it would be cool to see if there could be more additions to that!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I think having another trigger mark outside of just cash would be beneficial to ascending, as it prevents people just afk playing and grinding rebirths with alts.

Maybe something such as Mining XP, Slayer level or a new trigger entirely would be beneficial, I believe the main point should be that it requires active playing of the game to reach that activation for the rebirth.
I like the mining exp requirement. I've always been opposed to the afk style gameplay so this would definitely help. Perhaps once you start ascending, 100,000 exp per rebirth. This is just about 1 hour of intense mining.