kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
Hello fellow parkour players today I would like to introduce you to my new Idea of a difficulty named something along the lines of: Challenge.
As most of you probably know, there is a good amount of maps that get declined because they aren't built especially good or the parkour is just too hard for the category. Well my solution to that problem is adding a new difficulty that isn't like the others easy-Insane. Let me explain.

The main focus of challenge maps would be the parkour. It would give more advanced players a good challenge to do if they are trying to really expand their skills in gimmicky hard jumps. Here are my ideas for challenge maps:
1. Would only reward around 10-100mana so hard but short maps could be accepted but not farmable for a lot of mana.
2. No speed should be allowed in this world as some challenging jumps could be nearly "skipped" by just using speed. ( oh and no enderpearls of course)
3. All maps would have a timer.
4. If a map would be made so hard that judges have a hard time testing the jumps, you need to show proof of you doing them yourself.
5. The build wouldn't be looked at so much, judges should focus more on the pk(like 80% maybe) this doesn't mean you can just make some floating jumps in the void. But something like a nice looking hallway would be fine. Which takes me to point 6.
6. You would be warped inside the build, so builders don't need to make it look amazing from the outside if they don't want. (This would allow for some room parkour maybe.
7. Announce the completing of a hard map in chat like for Expert/Insane maps. If a map would be hard enough to announce it in chat on completing would be up to the judges decision.(Because there is no point of announcing someone completing an easy challenge once every 2minutes or so. I'm talking about these challenges being a real accomplishment)
8. The difficulty cap would be over simpsons allowing for some really hard stuff.(I was thinking of a challenge that would only have around 10 really hard jumps, with a checkpoint between each jump, and with hard I mean some really intersting hard jumps like a NixNeo maybe.)

This would make the checkmark(that shows you have beaten all maps) way more scarce and valuable because you can't cheat with enderpearls to complete all maps. I also feel like this would allow parkour creators who want to create some fun parkour but aren't very talented at building a chance to create something awesome.
Thank you for taking your time to read through this text wall, feel free to tell me what you think in the comments.

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
First i like the idea but i think challenge mode is good enough. Just add the really challenging maps to it.
Second 1,2,3 are basically challenge mode i believe. (Don't get me wrong if i am)
Third. NixNeos should be in all insanes now.

kroro1

Dedicated Member
VIP
kroro1
kroro1
VIP
Ratings
47 1
First i like the idea but i think challenge mode is good enough. Just add the really challenging maps to it.
Second 1,2,3 are basically challenge mode i believe. (Don't get me wrong if i am)
Third. NixNeos should be in all insanes now.
1. The problem is that challenge mode isn't enough as any really hard map just gets denied.
2. Yes 2 and 3 are just challenge mode rules
3. Yeah a Nixneo -0.75 should be allowed in hard Insanes

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
yes sir i see what you mean.