New Mana Spending Idea(s)

Do you think any of these ideas were good?

• Only One

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Only Two

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Only Three

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • All Four!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Ratings
19 2
I have had a new idea about what to do with mana:

MANY people have fully upgraded their pickaxes and thus have no more need for mana, I have thought of a few ways to solve this:

1) Try and include a reward system for the Mana Leaderboards:

This would mean that every month or so, the mana leaderboard winner(s) would collect a prize which could be anything ranging through money or more plots or something as simple as spawners.
This would lead to more players spending more time on Olympus and Manacube to try and gain these rewards by mining and it would also give players more to do than AFK at their automatic farms.

2) Create a shop for fully upgraded pickaxes:

By this I do not mean to have a shop where these are buyable with mana (as there would be no point to this), I mean that people could be able to SELL their fully upgraded pickaxes for exchange for a large sum of cash.
This would mean players would spend a lot of mana upgrading their pickaxe and sell it so they would be continuously mining to upgrade their pickaxes to get more money.

3) Create more pickaxe upgrades:

This would mean that after a player has fully upgraded their pickaxe (the currently available one now), they would have a chance to purchase a pickaxe - for money - with more upgradable abilities so they don't get bored with a pickaxe that could be fully upgraded early game.

4) Create further upgrades on the pickaxe we already have:

This would mean that instead of having a new pickaxe altogether, there would just be more upgrade possibilities on this single pickaxe. Some ideas for this would be:

1 - Circle (This would create a radius of 3 by 3 of air around the mined block which could be upgraded up to 3 times, going 3 by 3, 5 by 5 and then 7 by 7; this would replace explosive which would be good as many players dislike explosive) This could cost around 100,000 mana for the first upgrade adding 20,000 mana each time.

2 - Explosive II -> III (These would be similar to the explosive upgrade but would create a larger chance of blocks being broken and a larger area where blocks could be broken) Explosive originally costs 60,000 mana so each upgrade would add 5,000 mana on.

3 - (This isn't ADDING an upgrade but rather taking one away) Remove AutoBlocking (Many players dislike this upgrade and see it as a waste of mana to buy so they don't buy this until the end; many players prefer to buy AutoSell as they do not work together).

4 - Update AutoBlocking so it is compatible with AutoSell (currently if a player has bought AutoSell and AutoBlocking, only AutoSell will occur and the ores will not be turned into ingots. I feel like a lot more players would buy this upgrade if it was available with AutoSell).

Sorry this was a LONG post but I feel these additions could help the increase of unused mana.

Thanks for reading, have a GREAT day!

Eternal_Fires

MVP
Eternal_Fires
Eternal_Fires
MVP
Ratings
31 2
There is already a "top" leaderboard per sé at the end of the season, so I disagree with that. I also disagree with the selling of picks for large money as you can give a maxed pick to a slave and they could trade it in, which is "boosting". (Although, you can boost them by other means). I do hope more enchantments will be added however, I can't think of any other ones that can be.

Selfoccate

VIP+
VIP+
Selfoccate
Selfoccate
VIP+
Ratings
149 13
Possibly, as you said, the 'Explosion' custom enchant could be edited to have more than one level, maybe a max level of 3, level 1, would be default and would mine 1 block at a time, level 2, would cost maybe 20000 mana and would mine a 2x2 (4 block) area. And so on.

Reflective

MVP+
Reflective
Reflective
MVP+
Ratings
1) Try and include a reward system for the Mana Leaderboards:

This would mean that every month or so, the mana leaderboard winner(s) would collect a prize which could be anything ranging through money or more plots or something as simple as spawners.
This would lead to more players spending more time on Olympus and Manacube to try and gain these rewards by mining and it would also give players more to do than AFK at their automatic farms.
To me, this seems like it would have the opposite effect to what you're suggesting. You want more uses for mana, but this will cause people to save up their mana instead of using it. I personally don't think this should be added.
2) Create a shop for fully upgraded pickaxes:

By this I do not mean to have a shop where these are buyable with mana (as there would be no point to this), I mean that people could be able to SELL their fully upgraded pickaxes for exchange for a large sum of cash.
This would mean players would spend a lot of mana upgrading their pickaxe and sell it so they would be continuously mining to upgrade their pickaxes to get more money.
If my calculations are correct, it would cost 1,645,000 mana to upgrade the starter pickaxe to a max pickaxe. If you're not working towards ascension, it will cost $113,885,000 to rebirth from Slave. Taking into account the amount of time and effort it takes to max a pickaxe, you'd need to get a considerably large sum of money for selling it, and a lot of that money would likely go to waste as your balance resets when you rebirth/ascend. I'd rather see people working towards maxing their pick because it's something they want to do rather than something that will earn them money.
3) Create more pickaxe upgrades:

This would mean that after a player has fully upgraded their pickaxe (the currently available one now), they would have a chance to purchase a pickaxe - for money - with more upgradable abilities so they don't get bored with a pickaxe that could be fully upgraded early game.
If more pickaxe enchants were to be added, I'd rather see them added to the already existing pickaxe rather than a pickaxe you need to purchase after fully upgrading your existing one. The /exchange menu isn't exclusive to your pickaxe, so I don't know how feasible it would be to add enchants for a specific pickaxe.
4) Create further upgrades on the pickaxe we already have:

This would mean that instead of having a new pickaxe altogether, there would just be more upgrade possibilities on this single pickaxe. Some ideas for this would be:

1 - Circle (This would create a radius of 3 by 3 of air around the mined block which could be upgraded up to 3 times, going 3 by 3, 5 by 5 and then 7 by 7; this would replace explosive which would be good as many players dislike explosive) This could cost around 100,000 mana for the first upgrade adding 20,000 mana each time.

2 - Explosive II -> III (These would be similar to the explosive upgrade but would create a larger chance of blocks being broken and a larger area where blocks could be broken) Explosive originally costs 60,000 mana so each upgrade would add 5,000 mana on.

3 - (This isn't ADDING an upgrade but rather taking one away) Remove AutoBlocking (Many players dislike this upgrade and see it as a waste of mana to buy so they don't buy this until the end; many players prefer to buy AutoSell as they do not work together).

4 - Update AutoBlocking so it is compatible with AutoSell (currently if a player has bought AutoSell and AutoBlocking, only AutoSell will occur and the ores will not be turned into ingots. I feel like a lot more players would buy this upgrade if it was available with AutoSell).
The "Circle" enchant you've described already exists - it's called Blast and it can only be found on the Sunshine Shovel in the Spring Bundle. Someone managed to use a black scroll to get a Blast book which they then applied to their pickaxe, and it was extremely OP. I believe Dacon disallowed the use of black scrolls on the shovel to prevent this, so I don't think an enchant like this will be added to pickaxes.
The way enchants work is that the mana cost for each level is incremented by the same amount each time you upgrade it, so for further Explosive levels it would need to be an increase of 60,000 each time. I'm not sure how worth it it would be, and the current explosive enchant is already quite messy as it is.
Athough AutoBlocking can be somewhat useless when used with AutoSell, it can have its uses. The main use I've found for it is mining in the VIP mine before being able to sell diamonds/emeralds, as they turn to blocks in your inventory since they can't be sold and you can therefore mine for longer without having to stop to store the blocks. I do think that making AutoBlocking compatible with AutoSell would be beneficial and would make more people want to have both, so +1 for that.

Ratings
19 2
There is already a "top" leaderboard per sé at the end of the season, so I disagree with that. I also disagree with the selling of picks for large money as you can give a maxed pick to a slave and they could trade it in, which is "boosting". (Although, you can boost them by other means). I do hope more enchantments will be added however, I can't think of any other ones that can be.
That's for your opinion and I appreciate your response!
[DOUBLEPOST=1528124549][/DOUBLEPOST]
To me, this seems like it would have the opposite effect to what you're suggesting. You want more uses for mana, but this will cause people to save up their mana instead of using it. I personally don't think this should be added.

If my calculations are correct, it would cost 1,645,000 mana to upgrade the starter pickaxe to a max pickaxe. If you're not working towards ascension, it will cost $113,885,000 to rebirth from Slave. Taking into account the amount of time and effort it takes to max a pickaxe, you'd need to get a considerably large sum of money for selling it, and a lot of that money would likely go to waste as your balance resets when you rebirth/ascend. I'd rather see people working towards maxing their pick because it's something they want to do rather than something that will earn them money.

If more pickaxe enchants were to be added, I'd rather see them added to the already existing pickaxe rather than a pickaxe you need to purchase after fully upgrading your existing one. The /exchange menu isn't exclusive to your pickaxe, so I don't know how feasible it would be to add enchants for a specific pickaxe.

The "Circle" enchant you've described already exists - it's called Blast and it can only be found on the Sunshine Shovel in the Spring Bundle. Someone managed to use a black scroll to get a Blast book which they then applied to their pickaxe, and it was extremely OP. I believe Dacon disallowed the use of black scrolls on the shovel to prevent this, so I don't think an enchant like this will be added to pickaxes.
The way enchants work is that the mana cost for each level is incremented by the same amount each time you upgrade it, so for further Explosive levels it would need to be an increase of 60,000 each time. I'm not sure how worth it it would be, and the current explosive enchant is already quite messy as it is.
Athough AutoBlocking can be somewhat useless when used with AutoSell, it can have its uses. The main use I've found for it is mining in the VIP mine before being able to sell diamonds/emeralds, as they turn to blocks in your inventory since they can't be sold and you can therefore mine for longer without having to stop to store the blocks. I do think that making AutoBlocking compatible with AutoSell would be beneficial and would make more people want to have both, so +1 for that.
Thank you for your reply! I did not know of the enchantment on the Shovel in the Spring Bundle and I thought it would be OP so it could cost a lot of mana to buy, thus making mana less everywhere if you know what I mean :D Either way I appreciate you spending your time on this and I will make these changes for when I create a further post! Have a great day!!!

Jelly

Dedicated Member
PATRON
IceJellyIce
IceJellyIce
Patron
Ratings
110 1
That's a nice idea!