Not f2p friendly

RoamingDragoon

MVP
RoamingDragoon
RoamingDragoon
MVP
Ratings
After some time spent on one half of the now merged Manacube, being Mineville, I can really say this merged unit is not improved on in any way. Alot of the QoL features from the previous MV are just gone including one of the more in depth combo mechanics of Jobs + Skills. Not to mention there are so many UI typos and bugs in game. Basically any progress to be made entirely needs you to pay for rank in order to even make selling less than a chore for those with larger farms in game. You get /fix on everything and inflate the cost on reforge books/mending books/etc and cause the top to burn out after their wallets get tired. The previous MV as an example, basically started dying because a whole half of their Skyblock base just stopped playing after getting bored of the game and the lootboxes being the only real endgame (which cost real money by the way). There is no real incentive to playing on this server when so many people just beg and argue then basically just answer any issue with "You can do that WITH RANK". I just hope this place becomes more friendly to a wider f2p base to bring in potential long term users, I would hate to see another server go down because of people being greedy and everything being p2w.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I agree. I think ranks should not be pay to win, but should be pay to enhance, but some donor perks are currently a little too enhancy.
Ever since I've joined, I've been trying to grow the free-to-play agenda. However, making it to elite and patron without spending much money at all is really rewarding when I get unlimited fly, free repairs, kits etc. Unfortunately, most people cant play as much as I do and never get the chance to make the rank progression.
I think the addition of loot from /worlds and such is a great step towards leveling the playing field. The enchantments and effects are very comparable to items that are gotten with irl money. I think there just needs to be a bigger variety and more of those items.

RoamingDragoon

MVP
RoamingDragoon
RoamingDragoon
MVP
Ratings
I agree. I think ranks should not be pay to win, but should be pay to enhance, but some donor perks are currently a little too enhancy.
Ever since I've joined, I've been trying to grow the free-to-play agenda. However, making it to elite and patron without spending much money at all is really rewarding when I get unlimited fly, free repairs, kits etc. Unfortunately, most people cant play as much as I do and never get the chance to make the rank progression.
I think the addition of loot from /worlds and such is a great step towards leveling the playing field. The enchantments and effects are very comparable to items that are gotten with irl money. I think there just needs to be a bigger variety and more of those items.
I can agree to some of the worlds items being similar in strength to those bought but thats not the main point of what i was trying to say and im sorry to misconstrue. My point to make is that there feels like no incentive to grind into the ranks through time alone. Sure the perks are nice but the rate of cubit gain when starting out is so awful in an already grind heavy game mode. Those people starting out have no idea what way is up most the time and im certain these issues are major turnoffs to most the target audience.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I can agree to some of the worlds items being similar in strength to those bought but thats not the main point of what i was trying to say and im sorry to misconstrue. My point to make is that there feels like no incentive to grind into the ranks through time alone. Sure the perks are nice but the rate of cubit gain when starting out is so awful in an already grind heavy game mode. Those people starting out have no idea what way is up most the time and im certain these issues are major turnoffs to most the target audience.
I completely agree with this too. Right now there is nothing that'd be an achievable long term goal if I was a starting player and wanted to be competitive. For the past year I was the #1 voter, so I had access to cubits and giftcard prizes which allowed me to work my way up. But now there is no voting, which stops you from directly receiving cubits, and stops the cubit market globally so it's super hard to buy.
The prestige system with cubit reward would be helpful for someone to get vip and make some friends. In my case, I was able to build friendships and a character so that people would eventually buy me ranks. That's really the only way I can see a f2p player becoming competition, but its not how it should be.
What would be the way you fix imbalances?