Olympus Mana Pond

Midnight_Galaxy

ELITE
Midnight_Galaxy
Midnight_Galaxy
ELITE
Ratings
Hello!

I have been playing Olympus for a few months now and the main thing I have noticed is the lack of Mana pond events in other timezones!
Being from an Australian timezone all of the current Mana Pond events run from 11PM AEST - 10AM AEST with 3 hour gaps between them. Once they reach the final event, the gap is 13 hours. While, yes assuming a person gets on in the morning and then late at night they might be able to attend 2 events, there is a dramatic disadvantage to those in Australian and similar timezones who completely miss out on the 3-4 events available.

A clear solution to this would either be to add in more events - perhaps with less drops to make up for the player difference or to spread the events out more to encompass and be more inclusive to those in other timezones.

Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion.

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
Hello!

I have been playing Olympus for a few months now and the main thing I have noticed is the lack of Mana pond events in other timezones!
Being from an Australian timezone all of the current Mana Pond events run from 11PM AEST - 10AM AEST with 3 hour gaps between them. Once they reach the final event, the gap is 13 hours. While, yes assuming a person gets on in the morning and then late at night they might be able to attend 2 events, there is a dramatic disadvantage to those in Australian and similar timezones who completely miss out on the 3-4 events available.

A clear solution to this would either be to add in more events - perhaps with less drops to make up for the player difference or to spread the events out more to encompass and be more inclusive to those in other timezones.

Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion.
The mana pond cycle was (i assume) made to appease the most people possible, so its placed where both europe and atleast the east coast can play the pond consistently. Unfortunately, i don't think Australia has enough prominence player wise to make a change like that :(

Midnight_Galaxy

ELITE
Midnight_Galaxy
Midnight_Galaxy
ELITE
Ratings
The mana pond cycle was (i assume) made to appease the most people possible, so its placed where both europe and atleast the east coast can play the pond consistently. Unfortunately, i don't think Australia has enough prominence player wise to make a change like that :(
Oh I 100% respect that, I know how hard it can be to try to ensure everyone has a chance. I just feel there could be at least 1 more event in the 13 hour gap to attempt to make up for it.

JojoStyle

Forum Master
ELITE
JojoStyle
JojoStyle
ELITE
Ratings
343 6
Hey there @Midnight_Galaxy!

I totally get your point. Having the events clustered between 11pm AEST and 10am AEST makes it difficult for people in completely different timezones (like Australian ones), to attend those.

Although I personally don't think that a change due to this will happen, I will make sure to suggest it and pass it on!

Cheers.

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
Oh I 100% respect that, I know how hard it can be to try to ensure everyone has a chance. I just feel there could be at least 1 more event in the 13 hour gap to attempt to make up for it.
I agree with you. And while Jojo said he would make a suggestion, I'll also throw my idea out. I think it would be fair to move it from about 4 ponds in 12 hours to 6 in 24 hours, maybe once every 4 hours all day through?

Midnight_Galaxy

ELITE
Midnight_Galaxy
Midnight_Galaxy
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with you. And while Jojo said he would make a suggestion, I'll also throw my idea out. I think it would be fair to move it from about 4 ponds in 12 hours to 6 in 24 hours, maybe once every 4 hours all day through?
I think that could work - even if just one is shifted to maybe 3pm aest, it would break it up a bit more

thisisreality

VIP+
ThisIsReality
ThisIsReality
VIP+
Ratings
I have been thinking this since the mana pond implementation. Thank you for the suggestions!! I never get a chance to use it on survival because of the times. :D

Oswin6258

MVP+
m2gn
m2gn
MVP+
Ratings
5 1
The manapond should not just cater for the American or western timezones really. It should have maybe 4 events spaced out 6 hours apart or 8 events spaced 3 hours apart as to not favor one area imo.

There are no Manapond events in the morning for people in the UK or Europe either, only in America. I think it should definitely be spread out as we can't get an event before we go to work in the afternoon but people in EST can? Doesn't seem fair to me

Etho246

MVP+
Etho246
Etho246
MVP+
Ratings
I agree with this as well. It’s difficult for us Australians to really enter these events. The minesweeper event in particular is on at 4am for me which is practically impossible for any Australian with a normal sleep schedule to play.