HollowShell

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
PooskinJRmain
PooskinJRmain
Patron+
Ratings
102 14
When playing minecraft on olympus my fps has been fine all over except for one mine. upon further investigation I believe that it is due to the large number of stained glass panes which have been world edited in.

As a benchmark I took some measurements

As you can see the glass panes significantly affect performance in Hera Mine.
This should be changed as I have quite a strong PC and if its giving me 15fps with a RTX 30 series and threadripper then i cant imagine how poor the performance must be for people on lower end machines.

I would recommend removing these glass panes and replacing them with a less laggy block or removing them entirely

Pluizekat

ELITE
Pluizekat
Pluizekat
ELITE
Ratings
I also checked cos I was curious. For me there is a difference in fps as well, however not as big of a difference. I think this a player specific problem and not something everyone experiences. My fps went from 700 to 500. It's quite a big difference but not close to your 15fps. You might want to have a look at your cpu and gpu usage to check what the bottleneck is (might be the game).

HollowShell

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
PooskinJRmain
PooskinJRmain
Patron+
Ratings
102 14
I also checked cos I was curious. For me there is a difference in fps as well, however not as big of a difference. I think this a player specific problem and not something everyone experiences. My fps went from 700 to 500. It's quite a big difference but not close to your 15fps. You might want to have a look at your cpu and gpu usage to check what the bottleneck is (might be the game).
yeah mine seemed to be quite severe but i think its because i had shaders on but other people have also noted big fps problems there in that mine. i think mine is an extreme example due to having shaders probably (and running alts too maybe idk)

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Facts
I've been posting on this since season 3. unfortunate they haven't changed it
So
It had resulted in me finding the reason for the lag on my computer
On my PC I have anti aliasing set to max. On my crappy laptop it's default. My laptop performs better. To me it makes sense because aa works to smoothen lines out. So when you have thousands of extra lines it becomes laggy. Even worse, Glas being transparent means it's even harder to load
I agree the unnecessary glass panes should be removed. Or at least replaced with with glass blocks or some other alternative