Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,718 83

:mc_46-0: Factions Announcement this weekend!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympus has been hitting it's capacity for quite a while now, so like Skyblock we will be releasing a 2nd Olympus Realm!

The current realm (Which will not be resetting anytime soon) will be called Aether
The new realm opening will be called Atlas. It will be completely separate from the Aether realm (besides donator ranks).

Aether was a primordial titan, god of light & the sky.
Atlas was a titan who was responsible for bearing the weight of the heavens on his shoulders

The new Atlas Realm will be full 1.13, with our 1.13 performance patches to maintain 20TPS. It'll also have it's own season legends, and first-to-get prizes (see below)

There will be a bunch of updates & bug fixes for Olympus this week before the new realm is released

:mc_347-0:RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 3RD @ 1:00PM EST

Season Legends & First-To-Get Prizes

At the end of the season, the following players will become Legends
Highest Mining Level​
#1 - [Gold Star, $150 Giftcard, Name/Head in Legends Hall]
#2 - [Silver Star]​
#3 - [Silver Star]​
Most Rebirths​
#2 - [Silver Star]​
#3 - [Silver Star]​
Most Ancient Trials Won​
#2 - [Silver Star]​
#3 - [Silver Star]​
Most Mana​
#2 - [Silver Star]​
#3 - [Silver Star]​
Most Cash​
#2 - [Silver Star]​
#3 - [Silver Star]​
First-To-Get Prizes

• First player to Ascend [$50 Giftcard + Gold Star, Name/Head in Legends Hall]
  • First player to Lvl 99 Mining [$50 Giftcard + Gold Star, Name/Head in Legends Hall]

:mc_347-0:RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 3RD @ 1:00PM EST

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Eek!

As an avid Olympus player, this is something I’m personally super excited for. I’m assuming ‘Aether’ will be the current Olympus, so ... I think I might try out Atlas for a while. Either way, it’s great! I’m sure the community will love this also, as it’ll increase the amount of players that are able to hop online. <3

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Really, right in the middle of the Olympus season? This really was horrible timing, in all honesty, and I feel bad for current leaderboard players who worked so hard to get the spots they have now...

QuasarsInSpace

ELITE
QuasarsInSpace
QuasarsInSpace
ELITE
Ratings
Honestly not too excited about this. There's a lot of problems with Olympus that really need fixing and I was hoping that the update would be to fix some of those problems. Olympus is known for our great community and now it's going to be split in half. The reward incentive is strong but in the middle of the season I don't want to start from scratch. :/

sil

Dedicated Member
PATRON
5ouls
5ouls
Patron
Ratings
325 34
Oh my gosh, I'm excited for this. I really hope everyone enjoys this and I hope we can welcome a fresh player base :). GG to all and see you very soon!

prettyyodd

ELITE
prettyyodd
prettyyodd
ELITE
Ratings
93 3
I have split feelings about this, I mean it's a great idea don't get me wrong, it's just at a bad time and should wait until the end of the season just like skyblock though, I am hyped to see how Atlas is and might play it. Ahhh, I'm gonna lose half of my friends, DACON IS THANOS CONFIRMED?
WELP.

*SNAP*

Derpylatios

PATRON+
EonLatios
EonLatios
ELITE
Ratings
81 9
In my opinion I think that that this is a great thing. It should bring more people in and should give new players opportunity.

The only thing I hope is that it won't be a complete clone of olympus- if something is different that attracts the current players there, I think this would be great!

Jushua

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Jushua
Jushua
ELITE
Ratings
160 5
I do not like this at all. This splits the community in 2. People who don't have a chance will just switch over. Olympus has a great community, and for it to just break into 2 does not seem right. I understand that the server is getting full but people have already spent so much money and TIME on 1 server. Also, there have been so many bugs that need to be fixed on Olympus. I was expecting this update to focus on problems on Olympus such as custom enchants, there is no freeworld, slayer is bugged, trials glitches. This type of 2 server senario worked on skyblock because it was the new reset. For olympus, the season is already 1/4th in! most of us have already established a name for ourselves for the ONE olympus server. This will change the whole community of Olympus permanently.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
If it was towards the end of the season or right after a reset, then I would love this idea, as at that point there isn't really a significant difference on the leaderboards, and players have just started (or have already had) their grinders, items, etc.. Instead, we're now at a point in the season where players are just starting to create grinders which they consider "permanent" and are just starting to try to prepare for the long term leaderboard game. Now after all of the time they've put in, players can either stay on the server or switch. This is extremely frustrating to many players, as they have both worked so hard on the grinders they've made but they are also presented with the opportunity to get a fresh chance at leaderboards. While a fresh chance may sound nice, when players do take this opportunity the server is essentially split in half, messing up leaderboards, the economy, and basically wiping away the time players spent who do decide to switch. While this was entirely their choice, had it been in the beginning or end of the season, things like the leaderboard and economy wouldn't be significantly affected or changed. With a lot of Olympus already comprising of alts, the amount of players leaving will be much more significant than it seems, and you are going to be left with two servers that aren't as active or fun to play on (in my view). I really just don't like the timing of this, seeing as many players have worked so hard to get to where they are now, only to be frustrated either by the fact they're leaving that work behind, or watching others get rewarded for less time or dedication. That's just my point of view, but I really am not that happy with this if I'm being honest.

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
I'm not excited about this Prison server, but if we want changes in lag this is the only way to do it.

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
If it was towards the end of the season or right after a reset, then I would love this idea, as at that point there isn't really a significant difference on the leaderboards,
I believe there’ll be separate leaderboards? So, the ones on Aether won’t be affected. I may be wrong, but that’s how I interpret it, like with Oasis and Aztec on Skyblock.

This is extremely frustrating to many players, as they have both worked so hard on the grinders they've made but they are also presented with the opportunity to get a fresh chance at leaderboards.
No one is forcing these players to switch to the new Olympus server? If they’re content with the community and the current economy there, they are more than welcome to stay there.

The way I see it as; More players will get to experience Olympus. Whether that’s on Atlas or Aether, is completely up to them. The servers will be entirely separate (as Dacon mentioned), so players won’t be affected if they decide to stay on Aether. Of course it’s a great opportunity for not only players who may be struggling in the economy on “Aether” (Olympus as of now), or new players to the server, they’ll get an entirely fresh start, and won’t find it hard to compete with players like Arenzo who have achieved several hundred rebirths, and will actually have a shot at getting on a leaderboard.

QuasarsInSpace

ELITE
QuasarsInSpace
QuasarsInSpace
ELITE
Ratings
I believe there’ll be separate leaderboards? So, the ones on Aether won’t be affected. I may be wrong, but that’s how I interpret it, like with Oasis and Aztec on Skyblock.
I think Dank meant that there is currently a lot of competition for leaderboards on Oly and with the new server the competition will drop off drastically and whoever ends up staying is basically guaranteed the leader board spot.

Of course it’s a great opportunity for not only players who may be struggling in the economy on “Aether” (Olympus as of now), or new players to the server, they’ll get an entirely fresh start, and won’t find it hard to compete with players like Arenzo who have achieved several hundred rebirths, and will actually have a shot at getting on a leaderboard.
I respectfully disagree. There are lots of players like Arenzo who have lots of cubits/IRL money and can switch to the new server and instantly gain a huge advantage through crate purchases. Most of the really serious players are likely going to employ this strategy. The server is not necessarily P2W as a whole but from a clean slate like this it kind of is because opening loads of crates gives a huge boost.

It would be great for more players to get to experience Olympus but this will split the community, not to mention the fact that the player count is highly inflated. When a big player switches to Atlas they'll be taking 10 alts with them. I would be really excited to see some of the problems with old Olympus fixed and/or the new prison server being different from current Olympus. If instead of being the same, Atlas was way more of a hardcore prison server, or maybe way more of an OP server then it would be really cool to have two different prison styles! But the new server feels like just a copy of the current server, more or less, with no bug fixes and the free world still not implemented.

I understand wanting to open the server to new players, and I want that too, I just really don't think this was the best way to do it. I know that raising player cap is more expensive/laggy, but I really think there may have been better options than carbon copying Olympus.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Yes I am aware that the leaderboards will be separate, however it will completely mess up the current leaderboards (some people may disagree with this, but I don't think an inactive leaderboard is a good leaderboard).

No one is forcing these players to switch to the new Olympus server? If they’re content with the community and the current economy there, they are more than welcome to stay there.

The way I see it as; More players will get to experience Olympus. Whether that’s on Atlas or Aether, is completely up to them. The servers will be entirely separate (as Dacon mentioned), so players won’t be affected if they decide to stay on Aether. Of course it’s a great opportunity for not only players who may be struggling in the economy on “Aether” (Olympus as of now), or new players to the server, they’ll get an entirely fresh start, and won’t find it hard to compete with players like Arenzo who have achieved several hundred rebirths, and will actually have a shot at getting on a leaderboard.
And I completely understand how no one is forced to move servers, and I also understand how more players will get to play. However, so many of the current accounts online are alts, and I believe we'll in reality be left with one (or maybe two) inactive server (s) as a result of this, as there are already times when Olympus chat is "dead".

Ratings
While there are undeniable benefits to creating a second server, I feel as though this change was more of a cash-grab move then anything. They're numerous glitches and broken mechanics (enchants, trials, etc) that should have had higher priority then making a clone of a bug-ridden server.