Olympus...

Ratings
Not trying to be mean with making this forum post:

Like I stated in another forum post I am a game designer and just the way this server it is going really bad. I know before I even go on people are gonna say this is not season 1 but that is not the point here. With playing on the server since s1 now comparing it to s2 you have a lot more problems to deal with. Now I am not talking about server problems like bugs. I am talking about issues with communication between staff and players which is key to a server being successful. Staff and player communication has always been a iffy topic to deal with and everyone agrees that it is getting worse. This communication like there is a big disconnect from what rules the staff know to what the players are really told. There is even rule confusion between the mods and that is bad for a server because no one ever gets a clear answer. Like there was a fight about alt limits where some mods say 3 and some say 2 but we get different answers everyday. Even though people think that there are some things players do not need to know that is false because the server needs to let the players in on the rules so that we are informed. Communication is the key to running a server and it is clear as day that this communication method is not working as seen by how the mods all say different things.

Something else that I feel needs to be said is that the server needs to close for a little so devs can be able to look through bugs and see what is going wrong. This season reset seemed really rushed to a lot of players. Like a lot of people have been complain in game and are leaving because of it all. Mods need to be better informed so they can inform there players. People are going to disagree on that last statement because they say they are all informed and the only thing people asked about was trench and this was not always true. The point that is trying to be brought up is that there is a disconnect at a certain to what mods are let known to what the players know.

The second thing that I wish to say in this post is about the mods are sometimes really un professional and ignore players. Not all mods do this only a few and it is a problem. This is a problem because when people ask about rules or clarification on plots they are ignored because a mod does not want to deal with this. I am not the only player who has noticed this but a lot of others are scared to get into trouble. It has been brought up in game before and people were warned to respect mods when all that was asked is why they were ignored.

Another thing I and other players find quit funny is that if a staff member breaks a rule, action is not immediately taken but if it is a player it is almost instant that they get into trouble.

The last point I am making here is about the rules. The rules we get to see are the basic rules but we can not see anything on afk, alts , and rules like that and we should. This happened the past few days because there is a argument between two mods about afk pools because of the afk timer of 60 mins for non ranks, another instant of the rules being un clarified is the alt rule some mods say three and other mods say 2 we never have clear answers of it. Rules should be updated so everyone can see and have clarification.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,309 78
when people ask about rules or clarification on plots they are ignored because a mod does not want to deal with this]
No staff member would ignore a player, just because they “Don’t feel like answering” - Incase you didn’t read the #updates channel in discord, it is currently being discussed - there is no one answer yet. (http://prntscr.com/n6pexm)

Another thing I and other players find quit funny is that if a staff member breaks a rule, action is not immediately taken but if it is a player it is almost instant that they get into trouble.
Staff member breaks a rule and you witness it? Screenshot it, file a report https://forums.manacube.com/forums/staff-reports/ - Same as you would when reporting a player. Also if you feel that any staff member is purposely ignoring a player, the link is right there.

The last point I am making here is about the rules. The rules we get to see are the basic rules but we can not see anything on afk, alts , and rules like that and we should. This happened the past few days because there is a argument between two mods about afk pools because of the afk timer of 60 mins for non ranks, another instant of the rules being un clarified is the alt rule some mods say three and other mods say 2 we never have clear answers of it. Rules should be updated so everyone can see and have clarification.
This is something I’d like to clarify; Mods don’t make rules, I don’t know where you got this idea from, we simply enforce them. If you’ve got questions about unstated and unclarified rules, DM one of the admins or SRMods. Currently, we are in the process of updating the rules and coming up with fair solutions to these issues. NOTHING has been mentioned about AFK pools being bannable, until the rules are updated to say otherwise, don’t spread rumours, if a staff member is doing it and you feel like it’s with cruel intent or to ‘abuse power’ here’s where you can do something about it, (https://forums.manacube.com/forums/staff-reports/).

Ratings
No staff member would ignore a player, just because they “Don’t feel like answering” - Incase you didn’t read the #updates channel in discord, it is currently being discussed - there is no one answer yet. (http://prntscr.com/n6pexm)

Staff member breaks a rule and you witness it? Screenshot it, file a report https://forums.manacube.com/forums/staff-reports/ - Same as you would when reporting a player. Also if you feel that any staff member is purposely ignoring a player, the link is right there.

This is something I’d like to clarify; Mods don’t make rules, I don’t know where you got this idea from, we simply enforce them. If you’ve got questions about unstated and unclarified rules, DM one of the admins or SRMods. Currently, we are in the process of updating the rules and coming up with fair solutions to these issues. NOTHING has been mentioned about AFK pools being bannable, until the rules are updated to say otherwise, don’t spread rumours, if a staff member is doing it and you feel like it’s with cruel intent or to ‘abuse power’ here’s where you can do something about it, (https://forums.manacube.com/forums/staff-reports/).

Okay ima say this as nicely as possible , I am not spreading rumors this was said by a mod on the server so I said it should be clarified also there has been screenshots provided a against a staff member breaking a rule , but another mod asked about it and was ignored. Also staff members do ignore players whether you see it or not. I am not one to spread rumors I say the truth about what I see that is what the forum is for , I do not post to be attacked for saying my viewpoint of a matter.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,309 78
Okay ima say this as nicely as possible , I am not spreading rumors this was said by a mod on the server so I said it should be clarified also there has been screenshots provided a against a staff member breaking a rule , but another mod asked about it and was ignored. Also staff members do ignore players whether you see it or not. I am not one to spread rumors I say the truth about what I see that is what the forum is for , I do not post to be attacked for saying my viewpoint of a matter.
I’m in no way attacking you, I’m simply directing you to where you can report these issues properly if you truly do see them and believe something should be done.

I wasn’t aiming the “stop spreading rumours” at just you, there’s a few rumours going around that aren’t confirmed and it really just isn’t helping things in the slightest. As I said, we’re working on updating the rules, since this is a new addition nothing has been decided yet.

Once the rules have been updated, it will likely be announced publicly, for now there are no confirmed rules regarding it.

Arenzo

PATRON
Ratings

Kat never said mods were making the rules. . .

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,309 78
Kat never said mods were making the rules. . .
As I said above, I wasn’t aiming the “stop spreading rumours” (and that whole section) about Kat and Kat alone - she mentioned that “mods can’t agree on rules”, when those ‘rules’ haven’t been discussed yet and currently there are no changes. I know there were a lot of people on Olympus the other night spreading rumours that hadn’t been confirmed nor denied, nor even brought up for that matter.

If one mod tells you something regarding a rule that hasn’t been added to the list yet, and you’re unsure about it, you can always DM either an admin or a SRMod to clarify.