Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

VIP
gligew
gligew
VIP
Ratings
Ok on this map I just have a few comments.
Theme - 2/5, while I have seen lots of castle type maps, I don't think there have been much centered around forts, but the essential build is the same
Difficulty - 3/5, I feel like the difficulty of this map is kind of shaky, as there are some jumps that would be classified as a 'hard jump' while others are really easy.
Parkour - 1/5, there is basically no variety and it is really repetitive, and it even just has the same ladder jump like 5 times at the end. Additionally, in your central castle and out, it is just normal jumps, which can be boring and repetitive.
I'm not a mapper or moderator, but I do have a lot of hours on parkour and these are just my opinions.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Omegza,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although I see the idea behind the map, it still falls under the Castle/Fortress category. And, as we have an overabundance of Castle/Fortress-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I really don't like the build. The build isn't original. We have a lot of castle/fortress builds on our server, and we've seen a lot more be submitted. I just don't think this one is as fresh or exciting enough to disregard its lack of creativity. It's just more of the same. And, I also don't think it looks very good. The fortress seems like your average one. It's got your mediocre stone bridge, dome, and 4 towers. And, the Archillager mob statue wasn't properly executed. It's very simple and lacks proper shaping (it looks very odd). The floating parkour also doesn't do the build any favors. There's just a lot that needs to be worked with.
  • Parkour: I have a couple of issues regarding the parkour. The parkour is hard enough for a medium (even if it was pretty easy at times) but it's way too long for one. We're looking for 40-60 jumps for a medium map, so you're gonna have to cut back on a couple of jumps. Furthermore, the parkour was very repetitive. The beginning was a lot of the same andesite jumps and then the end was a lot of purple glass and ladder jumps. It wasn't varied, so it wasn't fun to do. You need to be more creative.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.