A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Soph you're on an absolute ROLL. I love the peripheries!!

It's going swimmingly, eh?

Leeviska

MVP+
Leeviska
Leeviska
MVP+
Ratings
6 4
Do you just copy rejected submissions themes? This is the like the 2nd or 3rd time now that I've noticed you do it, you might have done more. It doesn't give the original poster much of a chance to try and improve their build when someone else posts a submission like immediately after the 1st attempt gets rejected. I know it's not against the rules but it's kind of a not so nice thing to do, especially almost immediately after something gets rejected like the Duolingo map. Unless of course you asked for permission but you didn't really ask for permission when you copied the Duolingo theme so I kind of doubt that you did. Oh and you admitted to stealing the theme for that one. Cool build though ig and pk felt pretty good, I like it.

Last edited:

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
Do you seriously just copy rejected submissions themes? This is the like the 2nd or 3rd time now that I've noticed you do it, you might have done more. It doesn't give the original poster much of a chance to try and improve their build when someone else posts a submission like immediately after the 1st attempt gets rejected. I know it's not against the rules but it's kind of a not so nice thing to do, especially almost immediately after something gets rejected like the Duolingo map. Unless of course you asked for permission but you didn't really ask for permission when you copied the Duolingo theme so I kind of doubt that you did. Oh and you admitted to stealing the theme for that one. Cool build though, I like it.
firstly, i dont copy them, secondly, i deleted my submission of duolingo when i first submitted it because i realized it was rude, i apologized and took the blame and asked for the theme if it wasnt going to be improved. one of u guys wasnt online for a while so i couldnt get the response i needed to submit it so i waited some more before actually submitting it. thirdly, dont assume what you dont know, Map themes arent tied to people, you don't own a theme so i don't understand why theres a need to make judgement about it.

Leeviska

MVP+
Leeviska
Leeviska
MVP+
Ratings
6 4
firstly, i dont copy them, secondly, i deleted my submission of duolingo when i first submitted it because i realized it was rude, i apologized and took the blame and asked for the theme if it wasnt going to be improved. one of u guys wasnt online for a while so i couldnt get the response i needed to submit it so i waited some more before actually submitting it. thirdly, dont assume what you dont know, Map themes arent tied to people, you don't own a theme so i don't understand why theres a need to make judgement about it.
I mean last we spoke I said I was going to msg you when the owner decided what we were going to do with the build and you said that was fine. I apologize that it was taking a while to msg you (owner wasn't responding on discord) but you could have sent a msg back asking about it. If one of us wasn't online for a bit there's 2 more of us you know. You can't really say "oh one of you wasn't online so I couldn't get an answer".

Whatever, it's not that serious.

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
I mean last we spoke I said I was going to msg you when the owner decided what we were going to do with the build and you said that was fine. I apologize that it was taking a while to msg you (owner wasn't responding on discord) but you could have sent a msg back asking about it. If one of us wasn't online for a bit there's 2 more of us you know. You can't really say "oh one of you wasn't online so I couldn't get an answer".

Whatever, it's not that serious.
I didnt realize it was u that i spoke with, i'm bad with names. i do apologize though about duolingo, i assumed since they werent responding they werent gonna get on or work on it but im sorry if those assumptions were wrong.

ddfungaming

MVP+
ddfungaming
ddfungaming
MVP+
Ratings
10 14
U do copy

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
if u really think about it, you cant exactly copy themes because themes dont belong to anyone. i dont copy builds so you're wrong. pumpking was the same thing and the only thing you said about it was that it was a 10/10 so either be equal to the situations or dont say anything at all

trashthetic

ELITE
trashthetic
trashthetic
ELITE
Ratings
81 6
Unfortunately, you have to accept the fact that it is very hard to have an "original idea" nowadays. Your map was rejected due to the lack of execution on both the build and parkour. It is 100% fair game for somebody else to take the theme and portray it successfully, unlike the first time. Not to mention you guys have talked it through prior, so you knew exactly what was going on (which is the right thing that Sophia could have done anyways).

There are plenty of other themes you can easily execute and call it your own as long as they own up to ManaCube's expectations. :)

guyseth

Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
Sometimes I like to dig a hole in my back yard and stand in the hole and pretend im a carrot

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Unfortunately, you have to accept the fact that it is very hard to have an "original idea" nowadays. Your map was rejected due to the lack of execution on both the build and parkour. It is 100% fair game for somebody else to take the theme and portray it successfully, unlike the first time. Not to mention you guys have talked it through prior, so you knew exactly what was going on (which is the right thing that Sophia could have done anyways).

There are plenty of other themes you can easily execute and call it your own as long as they own up to ManaCube's expectations. :)
I personally believe that people who know a theme is being used by someone should ask if they can use that theme first. Their map got rejected on the basis that the theme wasn't really shown. They were not given the opportunity to improve on their theme and all their efforts have been gone to waste and their build had potential. I am not arguing that it isn't fair game but I think that without asking for permission is straight up disrespectful. This opinion is reflected by the map makers commenting on this thread upset that their theme has been taken. You said it youself best Emma, there are plenty of other themes that these experienced mappers can execute so why prevent the ability for people to resubmit their maps by yoinking a theme. I have expressed my dislike on the matter to Sophia before and I didn't expect to do it again so soon considering how creative she is with themes. Anyway the build is cute

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
you can't copy themes, you can take them, This is manacube, my headphones theme was taken by someone, and I was mad, but that was years ago, and I have to accept it. But seriously stop arguing it's just a fucking theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.