[OUTDATED] Hades Hell Hound Drop Rate

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Heyyyo! This is part 3 of SSM's Olympus bug, glitch, and exploit testing! Thanks for making it to the meeting!
In this episode, I will go over the actual drop rate of items from Hades Hell Hounds. I plan on making one of these for Styx and Lava Golems, but I will not make one for the other shits cause they fly away.

Background info:
After hearing of players getting 3,000 - 5,000 hades monster kills without getting a single legendary drop, I had suspicions the percentage was off. I then looked at the drop rates no /hades and noticed it only added up to 92.5% which reminded me of when the gift of the gods were screwed up with advertised percents.
1617234104719.png

Experimental process:
I set out to kill 5,000 hell hounds and whenever my inventory was filled, I stored the items in chests. Once I reached the target goal, I counted the number of items and put them into a spreadsheet. WIth the known total number of items of each type and the known quantity of each drop, I was able to count the number of times each drop was given. That number was then divided by 5,000 to give a %.
I feel 5,000 is a good number because if anything has a 0.1% chance to drop, it should drop 5 times. I feel that a consistent 5 drops with a 0.1% chance throughout 5,000 kills would be sufficient enough for a conclusion. And keep in mind, the smallest advertised drop rate is 1%, which is 10 times larger than 0.1%.

Data:
Drop rates:
1617234597336.png

Actual vs Advertised drop rates:
1617234628822.png

If you're curious as to how much money I made from the drops, here's the calculations
1617236095293.png

as part of this, I realized that elites do not receive the 10% sell booster for mob drops but do for crops.
This is not a smart way to make money

Conclusion:
Common drops are given ~95% instead of 79%
Uncommon drops are given ~2.5% instead of 7.5%
Rare drops are given ~2% instead of 5%
Legendary drops are given 0.1% instead of 1%
Harvestor hoes do not exist as a mob drop
Large money pouches are given instead of Small money pouches

Closing statement:
Although I am upset that this reoccurring theme of falsely advertising the percents happens so often, I get that things can be incorrectly calculated. But now, there is no excuse for keeping the drop rates inaccurate for Hell Hounds. The data is here. Right in front of you.
Nobody cares what the actual drop rate is, but it matters when we're lied to.

I'll see you next time for Styx drop rates.

FadingGeneral

MVP+
FadingGeneral
FadingGeneral
MVP+
Ratings
Thanks for taking the time to do this tedious work SSM. Out of curiosity, how long would you say it took to kill all 5000 Hell Hounds overall?

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Thanks for taking the time to do this tedious work SSM. Out of curiosity, how long would you say it took to kill all 5000 Hell Hounds overall?
well I've been working on it on and off for about 2 weeks, but in hours... maybe like 25 30 ?

10k nether dragons by tomorrow for all my cubits
ON IT BOSS! You can count on me! I won't let you down again like I did with the bug in the kitchen!

staviette

ELITE
Ratings
Would love to see you do the same testing with spawner fragments and cores. Especially the cores. The drop rates for some of them seem to be off by at least an order of magnitude.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Oh, I forgot to add, there is a textual error when you receive the 15% dust.
it says "+10% ... dust" instead of '+15%...'

Charburger

Dedicated Member
Ratings
what on earth is a hell hound is it a new season thing?

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
what on earth is a hell hound is it a new season thing?
Hell hounds are monsters you can find in Hades layer 1
theyre 3 headed dogs who've been neglected and seek revenge by attacking you
you kill them to get loot

you should come check it out!