Parkour: It is actually bad that we need to pay to get coloured signs. It is a pain for us all.

Zim

Ratings
Many mappers don't pay to get coloured signs. And it means that they are forced to use an unreadable gray on all of their signs. Initially the idea of paying for coloured signs sounds okay, but when you think about it, thousands of people play through these maps, and the pain of needing to squint to read every sign, tiring out our brains, eventually ending up with just ignoring signs on many of the official maps on the server due to the ridiculously bad readability, is really not worth it for the community as a whole.

I suggest we make the default colour of signs black. And the donators can get to choose colours. And while we're at it, let's make all the unwanted unreadable sign colours on the maps go from unreadable to black.

Last edited:

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
If I’m not mistaken, the gray sign thing is a bug, but it’s been here for almost a year now. At this point it feels like neglect.

My theory is that a feature was added to make all sign text white by default, but wasn’t tested properly in 1.8.9. All sign text is actually white in new versions, it’s just 1.8.9 that has an issue. The shade of gray on the signs depends on it’s orientation as well, so whoever made the change probably placed a sign in the one direction that does make the sign white in 1.8.9, and didn’t bother placing signs in other directions.

Another theory is that since signs differ in color between versions, it’s clear that the server is sending different data based on what version you have. It’s possible that this is the fault of whatever plugin mana cube uses to handle sending translated data to people using older versions since each version has differences in the way it reads data from a server. It could be a bug or just an oversight.

Zim

Ratings
If I’m not mistaken, the gray sign thing is a bug, but it’s been here for almost a year now. At this point it feels like neglect.

My theory is that a feature was added to make all sign text white by default, but wasn’t tested properly in 1.8.9. All sign text is actually white in new versions, it’s just 1.8.9 that has an issue. The shade of gray on the signs depends on it’s orientation as well, so whoever made the change probably placed a sign in the one direction that does make the sign white in 1.8.9, and didn’t bother placing signs in other directions.

Another theory is that since signs differ in color between versions, it’s clear that the server is sending different data based on what version you have. It’s possible that this is the fault of whatever plugin mana cube uses to handle sending translated data to people using older versions since each version has differences in the way it reads data from a server. It could be a bug or just an oversight.
I see! With that info, if it's possible, I suppose I am then asking those who can do something about it to stop possibly neglecting it and see if they figure it out again. And in the meantime, I propose we gain the ability to colour with black, assuming it's possible to code that in.

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Color signs now work again. The reason that many maps have the hard to read gray text is because it WAS broken for a very long time. The only fix for this was to remove the color sign perk (I think) from the mappers that did have donor ranks with the perk (including myself) so that we could have readable black text. But now it works again properly!

Zim

Ratings
Color signs now work again. The reason that many maps have the hard to read gray text is because it WAS broken for a very long time. The only fix for this was to remove the color sign perk (I think) from the mappers that did have donor ranks with the perk (including myself) so that we could have readable black text. But now it works again properly!
I see. If that's the case, why do I still have automatic white text on the signs in my plot?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I see. If that's the case, why do I still have automatic white text on the signs in my plot?
I'm not quite sure why you have default white text still. If they were placed before it was fixed, they would still be white. I do believe the default color for all signs is white, so if you don't have a donor rank, the text would still be white. Again, don't quote me on any of this as fact because I'm not entirely sure how the color signs work :)

Zim

Ratings
I'm not quite sure why you have default white text still. If they were placed before it was fixed, they would still be white. I do believe the default color for all signs is white, so if you don't have a donor rank, the text would still be white. Again, don't quote me on any of this as fact because I'm not entirely sure how the color signs work :)
I see. Well if that's the case, then the initial point of this forum post stands again, back at relevancy.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
I see. Well if that's the case, then the initial point of this forum post stands again, back at relevancy.
Hello,

What is your In-game name? I will double check your sign color and reset it for you if it is grey.

Best Wishes,
Sunset

Zim

Ratings
Hello,

What is your In-game name? I will double check your sign color and reset it for you if it is grey.

Best Wishes,
Sunset
Okay, great! My ign is Ryu. I had somebody with a rank colour them blue for me earlier, but all other signs have the defaulted white colour. I can place some extra ones to show.

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Hello,

It seems I have to be online with you to set it, so please contact me on discord.

Sunset#3438