Mod+
Ratings
341 10
Parkour Race Map Building
Week long event
Until the 15th of July @ 4pm EDT / 9pm BST
Click
here for countdown

Join us this week alone for a special Parkour event, Race Map building!

First build your race map (see the Race Map Guidelines below). Then submit your maps in the comments below in the same format as a regular map submission. Additionally if you'd like to be messaged over discord about your win, please include your discord tag (E.G: AlfieJay#4966). The map judges will determine the winners after the deadline and the winning maps will be used as race maps in the future

Mostly similar features to a normal map with a couple of points: It should be a fast paced map which is easy to speedrun. Side by side paths (like in blue vs orange) are an option but not required. Bigger platforms are also ideal. We recommend you stray away from trapdoors, doors, etc. Also for race maps we're willing to be more lenient with floating parkour if it makes the map more enjoyable to race on

- The build must not violate ManaCube inappropriate build rules
- Maps submitted for this event will count towards [Mapper] rank
- Only the main builder (so only one per map) for each submission can win a tag if selected
- A total of 5 builds will be picked from the submissions to be used as race maps
- Staff reserve the right to disqualify players for past or current behaviour/punishments

All builders who's submissions end up being used will be given an exclusive, never-seen-before tag on Parkour!
1627149733544.png

Presidenten (For WeddingCake)
Quinnyp (For TaikoNoTetsujin)
Pink_Bovine (For TigerLeapingGorge)
curtis18264 (For OutOfTheUnderground)

Edit (Shinx) : Added 2 hours because I will not have the time to do it now (countdown is 2 hours early now)​

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
This makes me sad. I won’t be online for a few more days and I suck at building.
good luck to everyone submitting tho!!

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
interesting...

Juandacun

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Juandacun
Juandacun
ELITE
Ratings
79 9
And me, Juandacun, now following the name of BoobGaming, im glad to announce my participation for this.

Creator: Juan (also by the ingame name of BoobGaming)

Map name: Hammond

1626115326957.png

1626115347076.png

1626115284282.png
(The last one is the testers room btw)
/plot v Juandacun
Jumps: ~44, 6 checkpoints
Difficulty: Medium

PD: I really enjoyed building this map, it was fun and i honestly feel the parkour is really flowy for a race map, even with 1 path, if you got something to say or announce the winner dm me to Juann#4911

Attachments

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
"Yellow Vs Purple" by zzykrkv
Insane map

I unfortunately did not have much time to work on a map but I think I did well to produce a nice fun map given that I only discovered the existence of this challenge like 2 days ago and school starts tomorrow.

The map is very difficult, and requires both parkour skill and patience to navigate the beans. This is only made more challenging by the grass which makes it hard to see. There are no signs or carpets to tell you where to go. It relies solely on your dedication and a sharp eye to notice portions that are climbable. Indeed, the color palette gives a double layer of meaning, with the camo colors being a representation of the difficulty nagivating the map. However, despite the difficulty the map is fair. I have not made any parts I could not or would not be able to do and there are constant marks to indicate that you are going the right way. It just takes a lot of searching.

Because of this, I think this makes for a great race map, as 2 players try to find and climb the route up here the fastest. If you think the parkour is too hard (it is quite tough) I am more than happy to nerf it or edit this map to make it easier if need be.

Even if this doesn't make it in, it was very fun to make this map.

View attachment 49689
View attachment 49691 View attachment 49690
this post has gotten me permanently banned < 3

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
my return to mapping...
IGN: Quinnyp
Map Name: TaikoNoTatsujin
Plot: /plot v Quinnyp 23

Number of Jumps: 37 x 2 (jumps are mirrored)
Number of Checkpoints: 6

Summary: This map is based on the popular Switch game, Taiko no Tatsujin. Similar to osu!, it is a 2D rhythm game in which I have mapped beats in 2D, and the scenes that usually decorate the top and bottom of the screen in 3D. Parkour has been created to be done in chains and is very fast paced. Hope everyone enjoys!

Note: I am aware a Don-chan map was just accepted, but I think my map is not focused on Don-chan enough to be too similar of a theme. This is more of a gameplay based map and Don-chan is used as decoration instead of the parkour being directly on the character.

2021-07-13_11.21.37.png 2021-07-13_11.21.53.png 2021-07-13_11.22.15.png 2021-07-13_12.25.01.png

Last edited:

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Ayo. @A Pink Cow and @caseyclosed here with our submission!

Tiger Leaping Gorge
Medium
44 Jumps, 6 CPs
Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 21.10.47.png

This map is named after the same Valley in China, called 虎跳峡 - A famed place in which a tiger is said to have dramatically leaped through the gorge itself!

Info:
/plot v Pink_Bovine 18
Has 2 separate PK paths, both of equal difficulty and jumps, and flow

Make sure you have /ptime night when you visit!

Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 20.57.50.png
Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 20.58.06.png
Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 20.58.24.png
Screenshot 2021-07-13 at 20.59.48.png

JM4s

JM4s
JM4s
Ratings
Here I go with my submission!

Cliffside Village

> Difficulty: Easy <
> Number of Jumps: 30 <
> Number of Checkpoints: 7 <
> Plot info: /plot v JM4s 5 (at the back of the plot!) <
> Solo Project <

This map's gameplay is quite different from other Manacube race maps in the sense that it nearly is more movement based than it is parkour based. The intended (shortcut-less) path of this map has super straight forward and easy gameplay, to the point of being one of manacube's easiest easy maps. However, the map offers a lot of opportunities for small and (sometimes very) risky time saves, as well as some running segments which are easy to learn but hard to master. Hopefully this map will bring newer, less experienced players onto racing and also result on lots of very fast-paced, down-to-the-wire races among more experienced players!

Have fun and Good Luck to my fellow competitors!
2021-07-13_19.06.49.png

2021-07-13_19.08.16.png

2021-07-13_19.08.49.png

Last edited:

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
my return to mapping...
IGN: Quinnyp
Map Name: TaikoNoTatsujin
Plot: /plot v Quinnyp 23

Number of Jumps: 37 x 2 (jumps are mirrored)
Number of Checkpoints: 6

Summary: This map is based on the popular Switch game, Taiko no Tatsujin. Similar to osu!, it is a 2D rhythm game in which I have mapped beats in 2D, and the scenes that usually decorate the top and bottom of the screen in 3D. Parkour has been created to be done in chains and is very fast paced. Hope everyone enjoys!

Note: I am aware a Don-chan map was just accepted, but I think my map is not focused on Don-chan enough to be too similar of a theme. This is more of a gameplay based map and Don-chan is used as decoration instead of the parkour being directly on the character.

mmm drum

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
This is my first map please be nice as I really want this to become part of manacube,
It is located on my 22nd plot and it is of the extreme difficulty. this is also my submission into the race map making comp!!!!!
RACE YOUR FRIENDS THROUGH THE MAZE OF DEATH AND CLIMB THE WALL OF SKILL!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BEAT THIS MAP????!!!

10 jumps long
No cps

PICTURES
https://prnt.sc/1b2usj3

Made by BinLickerLover and Samsei_

samsei

VIP+
samsei_
samsei_
VIP+
Ratings
plz plz plz accept!!!11!!!!11!! i really wants to be on mancube becaseue i love parkoiur i even compleed all easzys please accpett!

munoo05

ELITE
munoo05
munoo05
ELITE
Ratings
please accept binlickerlovers and samseis map they has worked really hard on it and its a really very good goodie map i think you should try it sometime come on down to the licker bros map (22nd plot) very good very jumpy don't be too hard on them its their first map thank you
-sent from my ipad

BlackAndWhiteCat

MVP+
BlackAndWhiteCat
BlackAndWhiteCat
MVP+
Ratings
18 1
In many ways, the work of a map judge is easy. They risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to their judgment. They thrive on negative criticism. But the bitter truth the map judges must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average shit manacube map is probably more meaningful than their criticism designating it so. But there are times when a map judge truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the *new*. Manacube is often unkind to new talent, new creations. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary map from an unexpected source named binlickerlover and samsei. To say that both the map and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about manacube maps is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for binlickerlover's maps. Not everyone can become a great mapper; but a great mapper can come from anywhere. 10/10 map

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
IGN: Blurpyfied
Map Name: Cargo Ships
Plot: /plot home Blurpyfied 5
# of Jumps: 54 * 2