Parkour Terms and Strats!

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
I think that's an algebra neo. But a winged neo doesn't make any sense then. Idk jacob has to explain lmao
An algebra neo is the same as a winged neo just trap doors on the side making the piller you want to get around more thick and big.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
Here are some parkour terms that people ask a lot about and get confused about what they might mean!
I will be saying any parkour strats and terms that people use all the time and their definitions.

FYI: I know that some of these strats might be wrong cause I either can't explain them well enough or im stupid lol. I also know that there are many more strats, but these are just some of the main ones that people use often.

Timings and Strats:
Ticks - Ticks can be very hard to get down, so I don't think I'll be explaining this one lol. Here is a video that explains ticks if you want to check it out.
Head hitter (HH) - This just means that a jump has a block on the top, so you hit your head when you jump.
Head Hitter timing (also HH) - This is a strat used for hh jumps. In order to perform it, just shift to one of the edges of the blocks and press W and your sprint key at the same time, and then hit SPACE right after. This has to be fast in order for it to work.
Advanced HH (adv hh) - This is pretty complex, but I'll try my best to explain it. Hold SHIFT on the edge of the block, hit sprint and W, and then let go of SHIFT and jump right after. This needs to happen very quickly, and it takes lots of practice to get it down.
Semi HH - This is where you press and hold your sprint key and SPACE at the same time, and then right when you land, press W.
A7HH (a7) - a7 is when you do the same timing like semi hh, but you hit W one tick before you land. Getting ticks down can be tricky though.
HH Momentum - This is where you run and hit your head on the ceiling to gain more momentum. You gain bigger boosts if the ceiling is lower.
Backward HH (bwhh) - This is where you can gain more mm to do a jump that might not be possible with normal mm. There are a few ways to do bwhh, but here is the jump that I'm going to be talking about. What I do is shift to the edge of the block, press S, then SPACE, and then SPRINT and W at the same time, all really fast. When I land on the bottom block, I jump again and land on the top block at the edge and jump again. Some people prefer to press S, and then just jam forward, but do what's more comfortable for you!
Pessi HH (pessi) - This is where you hold SPACE and sprint key (NOT W) at the back of a block, the moment you land on the ground, press W and hold SPACE (This will only work for hhs).
Jam (jamming) This just means to hit all of your keys at once. So press SPRINT, W, and SPACE all at once in order to jam.
Momentum (MM) - Momentum is where you gain more speed in doing a jump. This could be jumping twice instead of once when doing a 4 block jump.
Force MM (fmm or fm) - This is where you jump from one side of the block to the other to build up mm. To do this, you can just press W and SPACE at the same time, and when you are at the highest point, press your sprint key and then jump when you land.
C4.5 - This is pretty much like fmm, but you just run a little longer when you land so that you can jump further.
Backwards MM (bwmm) - Bwmm can be explained here. There are many different ways to bwmm, and I don't wanna get into it lmao
Block MM (bmm or bm) - This means how much momentum is at a jump or is needed. For example, a 2 block momentum 4 block jump would be 2bm 4b.
Strafe, Strafing - Strafing is just when you press A or D which can help in some situations when doing a jump.
45 Strafe (45) - 45 Strafe can be hard to learn, but it's useful. To do this, try and find good momentum, and then in mid air after you jump, look at 45 degrees using f3 and press A and W at the same time. If you'd like, you can hold space, but it's not needed.
Double 45 Strafe - I don't exactly know how to do double 45, but it's just where you look at 45 degrees 2 times, but this has to be more precise than the normal 45 strafe. You also have to look at 45 degrees while you are still gaining momentum. Here is a vid to one. This also goes for Triple 45 and so on.
Sidestep - Sidestep is where you press either A or D, and then when you jump, press speint and W right after. It's kinda hard to explain.

Types of Jumps:
1b -
1b stands for 1 block, which means how far away a block is that you're jumping to. For example, a 3b would be a 3 block jump.
Quad - Quad means a 4 block jump (4b).
Block Ceiling (bc) - This means how high you are from the ceiling. So for example, 3bc would be 3 blocks high from where you are standing.
Trapdoor (td) - TD is just used instead of typing trapdoor. There are also references to trapdoors, such as Dtrapdoor and Utrapdoor. D = Down, U = Up. So for example, a neo Dtrapdoor blockage (see blockage below) would be a neo with a closed trapdoor.
Backwalled - Backwalled means that there are blocks behind a block. This makes it harder to do fmm.
Blip Up (blip) - Blips can be tricky, yet simple. To do a blip, it's sorta similar to doing bwhh. First, you want to start on a block that is higher than the block below it. Then, just press S and SPACE at the same time, and then right after press W while holding SPACE. Then, try and land on the edge of the block from where you started and it should boost you up! These are pretty weird mechanics! Here is a screenshot that shows some single blips that you could try.
Double Blip - This is the same as a normal blip, but it's a bit higher and harder to do. In order to do a double blip, you do the strat for a normal blip 2 times.
Neo - A Neo is a jump where you have to jump around blocks from one side to another. Think of it as a wall in your way, so you just jump around.
Blockage - The blocks you have to jump around in a neo.
Trapdoor Blockage - A trapdoor blockage means that there is a trapdoor in the front or back of the neo (see Trapdoor, td, up). A neo with trapdoors on both sides would be called a double trapdoor blockage. But if they are closed, then it would be a double Dtrapdoor blockage.
Landing Blocks - Landing blocks are the blocks you land after you jump around the blockage blocks.
Iron Bar Neo - This isn't just a normal neo replaced with iron bars, but it's where you place single iron bars on top of each other where you jump around. To distinguish between if it's actually an iron neo, just call it a pane neo because it's the same thing. This neo, however, does not exist in 1.9 due to a change in iron bars and panes.
Cross Neo - A cross neo is just like a normal neo but diagonal.
Staircase Neo - This is just like a neup, but it's actually just a staircase 2bc. These are also easier than normal neups.
Gap Neo - A Gap neo is where there are spaces between either the blockage and momentum blocks or between the blockage and the landing blocks.
Butterfly Neo - A Butterfly neo is a neo with panes where you have to jump around the panes. Using sidestep is the most consistent way.
Winged Neo - A Winged neo is a neo with trapdoors sticking out on the top. This means that you have to hit your head to do the neo.
Algebra Neo - An Algebra neo is a neo with closed trapdoors on the side, which makes it harder to jump around. Algebra neo can also mean there's a trapdoor in the middle. So for example, the td would be in the middle of a triple neo.
Calculus Neo - A calculus neo means that a trapdoor is at the start of a jump.
Here is a video that shows what it looks like.
Geometry Neo - A geometry neo means that a trapdoor is at the end of a jump.
Here is a video that shows what it looks like.
Block to Block (b2b) - Block to block just means what type of block you are jumping from and to. This could also mean that they are talking about a neo, which is mostly the case. This accounts for all blocks and the first letter. So for example, fence to fence would be f2f, or fence to cobble wall would be f2cb.
Triple Neo (trip) -
Triple neo's are sometimes just called trips. A triple neo is just like a normal neo, but 3x as long. This needs more momentum, however.
Neup - A Neup is a neo, but the block you jump to is 1 block higher than where you are jumping from.
Paneup - Paneup's aren't pane neups. A paneup is just a pane to pane +1. These are mostly used on pane towers. Here is a screenshot.
Chained - A chained jump is where you either jump twice or more in which you can't stop. For example, if you wanted to do a 4 block jump +.5, you would have to chain it in order to gain more momentum. Here is a screenshot of what can be used to chain it.
Chained Neo - A chained neo is mostly with triple neos or double cross neos. The only possible way for you to do 2 chained triple neo is by not stopping if you make one. This can be hard to learn and I can't really explain it. Here is a good setup to try.
+1, -1 - These terms are used a lot in parkour. This just shows what the jump looks like. So if I would say 3b (3 block jump) +1 (1 block high), it would be a 3+1 or a 3b + 1. Same goes for -1.
x1 - This means however many blocks are from the right or left. For example, a 3+1x2 means that it's a 3 block +1 jump, and the block is either x2 to the right or left. Knowing which way doesn't matter.

Here are some terms that are used in servers:
CP - This just means checkpoint.
PK - PK means parkour.
L/D - Life or Death means that if you fail a jump, you have to restart are course or part of a section.
FS - Fail Safe means that if you fail, you can get back.
Sky - Sky means that it's the end of a course, and is usually l/d.
SPK - SPK means spawn parkour.

Again, sorry if I failed to explain something wrong or if I missed something. There are just too many pk terms!
If you think I am missing a main one, please reply so that I can edit this. Also, please reply if I got a strat wrong or if you have a better way of doing it. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps! <3 (why didn't it color some words lol)
Where's cyn bwmm, 3bc bwmm, rex bwmm? I don't think it's right that you just put bwmm.

Layful

VIP
Layful
Layful
VIP
Ratings
Oh my days, that's a lot of terms and jumps. And I thought all there was to parkour was jumping...

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
163 12
What do the WDWA and WAD timings mean?
Those are sidestep timings. With sidestep you usually start running with w+a or w+d and then switch to the other strafekey after you jumped. WDWA / WAD indicate the timing, when u switch the strafe keys. So for wdwa you switch them at the jump tick, while with wad you switch them 1 tick after you jumped:)

DS_Derek

ELITE
DS_Derek
DS_Derek
ELITE
Ratings
Common misconception: a7 and semihh are the same thing, and it can also be called a midair1t. What you're describing as a semihh i would call a jump jam, which basically just accomplishes the same thing as a normal jam. Also, reverse hh and pessi are basically the same thing as well, some people call a max pessi a reverse hh so maybe that might be good to specify. I'm not really sure how detailed you want to get into explaining the strats, but explaining how long inputs need to be is pretty important (ex: c4.5 is fmm -4t, run 1t). you could add pane fmm to this as well, which is basically just c4.5 but with pessi instead of fmm (pessi -4t, run 1t). For some practical things, nobody really uses the acronyms BST or FST, usually people will say "3st W" or "3st fw" for 3 shift taps forward and similarly "3st S" or "3st bw" for 3 shift taps backwards. The best way to explain ticks is that it's basically minecraft time: 1 tick is equal to 1/20th of a second. And just for your information, a double 45 is similar to a single 45: a single 45 is flicking to 45 degrees with a strafe key 1t after jump, where a double 45 would be doing the first 45 just like a single 45, and for the second one you flick back to 0 on jump tick while releasing the strafe key for a tick, then flicking back to 45 with the strafe key again 1t after jump. Also, if anyone is interested in pk or wants to get better at pk, you can always message me in game. This is also the parkour wiki which has a lot more in depth information on movement mechanics: Minecraft Parkour Wiki (mcpk.wiki).

Last edited:

KoalaIs

ELITE
KoalaIs
KoalaIs
ELITE
Ratings
23 2
For double 45s, if you're not cracked like Derek, you can tap the other strafe key for 1t instead of releasing strafe for 1t