Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! I'm glad to see you submitting your map! I've taken a look at it, and here are my thoughts;

THEME:
Personally, I'm not quite sure what the theme is. To me, it just looks like a bunch of coloured wool put into sections, which is already a map (Colors, the hard map). I did do some research on the two people this was based off and they seem to be Minecraft streamers, but in my mind, the only thing this could relate to is the Minecraft Championships, which doesn't really have anything like this within it. If I'm wrong, let me know.
BUILD:
There seems to be no real build here, to be perfectly honest. There is the spawn and a large patch of sea lanterns, but the rest of the map is all parkour. You need to make sure to include a main build so your map looks attractive, and not just like a large patch of parkour. Speaking of parkour...
PARKOUR:
The parkour is entirely floating, for starters. Secondly, there are way too many jumps for this to be a hard map. Like, just 4 more and you could make it an insane map! I found the parkour very easy with minimal challenges, and it was quite tedious to complete as there were a fair bit of sectioned and repeated jumps. For example, nearly the entirety of the section under the sea lanterns is ladder jumps. That's not interesting and feels quite boring.

Overall, this map doesn't feel like it belongs on Manacube, as it goes against nearly all of the things that we ask for. If you were to add a main build, make the parkour shorter (or the difficulty harder along with the parkour) and more interesting and changed the way the map is presented (and quite possibly change the theme to something else), you could have an interesting and unique map.
Good luck in your future submissions!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey thepaneater,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: To be quite honest, I don't see any theme here. It's just a bunch of floating wool parkour with no sense of direction. Parkour-themed maps are not something we're looking for.
  • Build: Personally, I don't really see a build in this map submission. The "build" is just a bunch of floating parkour, which is not something we will accept as a build. We want you to create something originally themed that is properly conveyed through a central build(s) and then you integrate your parkour into it. You can't have one without the others.
  • Parkour: The parkour was too long for the hard difficulty, although it did fit it difficulty-wise. When making parkour, you have to take into consideration each difficulty's jump range. For hard's, it's 60-80. Furthermore, I found the parkour to be very boring to do due to the repeated jumps/blocks. You would basically put the same jump/block back to back for a large portion of the map, which isn't something fun to do. You need to get creative with it, don't be afraid to experiment!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration if you decide to resubmit your map in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.