Pay for Staff.

Jacon

Forum Master
Ratings
463 119
I would like the manacube team to consider adding a staff rank to the shop - before you say "trOLL!' and "AbSURD!" let me explain.

I have always wanted to be a manacube admin. since July. I even submitted some staff applications, some were good and some were bad I will admit!
BUT I do not think it is fair that my past behavior and infractions should influence my staff apps.

So I introduce a staff role, don't worry! you do not get any commands and there is no perquisites to acquiring this Tag.

FAQ
"Why do you want a Staff Tag, Jacon?": easy answer, I have some friends and enemies on the server, specifically the parkour server, one of my enemies on parkour is shinxray, and I would consider sil my arch enemy, I would utilize this tag to not troll people but scare them because i crave authority. I would say "hey you no stop talking bad about me i ban u" Some people might see this as and call it "harassment" but I think it is clever, whom ever is messing with you will leave you alone because they will think you are the real deal.

"But it's obvious your not a real staff member": true, but I have a plan for this, the admin can hide this purchase somewhere in the store so only people that are actively looking for it will find it. And once someone buys it, I want the price to be $60, manacube staff broadcasts it in game and on the forums to make it realistic. Simple as ABC!

"What is your obsession with becoming a staff member" me and my grandchildren have been playing this server for the past 6 years, we are well know people and active contributors, and when a mod is in need I help them so why not do the same? I really want this tag in game so that I can fool people, sil, and my enemies

--- Jacon

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
If you craved authority, you’d behave well enough to be considered for staff.
Staff ranks should not and will not be used to intimidate players.
Getting quite sick of the troll threads at this point.

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
Yes, your past activities should affect your staff application because of what you did in past. Because if the community doesn't know you they will know after you become staff, but knowing that you did some stuff in the past the you should be allowed to apply or not based on this.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I gotta hand it to you, Jacon;

Thank you for being a prime example as to why staff roles don’t work like this.

You don’t crave authority however - just attention, which is clearly why you’re so adamant about continuously posting pointless threads on the forums despite your several bans across all our platforms. Realistically, there isn’t anything rule-breaking about most of your threads other than the disrespect/harassment in some of them - so I would like to advise you to stop, as you’re on the verge of being banned from the forums, yet again.

I see no reason to close this thread as of yet, it’s harmless - just created to troll.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Yes, your past activities should affect your staff application because of what you did in past. Because if the community doesn't know you they will know after you become staff, but knowing that you did some stuff in the past the you should be allowed to apply or not based on this.
Idk, I think whether a person gets staff or not should be based on how they act on the server. Obviously if they are constantly getting banned or muted, they shouldn't be staff... but if they are following all the rules and being a positive influence, then they are definitely qualified.
Now you can say I'm biased because I have fifteen mutes and maybe I'm just saying this to get staff, but that's not my point... because if I wanted staff then I'd work for it, at this point I don't have any such plans sooo..

woolly26

Forum Master
ELITE
woolly26
woolly26
ELITE
Ratings
236 90
Idk, I think whether a person gets staff or not should be based on how they act on the server. Obviously if they are constantly getting banned or muted, they shouldn't be staff... but if they are following all the rules and being a positive influence, then they are definitely qualified.
Now you can say I'm biased because I have fifteen mutes and maybe I'm just saying this to get staff, but that's not my point... because if I wanted staff then I'd work for it, at this point I don't have any such plans sooo..
Believe me mutes, bans or things like this don't value as much as your past attitude and your attitude from now because everyone can do mistakes.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Believe me mutes, bans or things like this don't value as much as your past attitude and your attitude from now because everyone can do mistakes.
Of course people can change but still your past attitude can and does reflect how you used to behave, even if you still behave like that.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Listed in the "Staff Requirements" thread; "Never been permanently banned or muted on the network "
Trust me there's things that do have an influence on applying for staff or even being unbanned in general.

Staff are much more likely to consider someone with 0 bans and good positive actions over someone who was banned for hacking, racism, etc; Even if they were not perm banned or perm muted.

your past attitude can and does reflect how you used to behave
And as Anxii said, What we did in the past very well does affect our present and our future, Even if we did change at one point we were toxic or harmful to the community.

Im very happy to see such optimism but the whole jist is to be a good helpful person and not try to take advantage of other people or continuously troll. :)

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It seems like there might be misunderstanding - Jacon doesn't want to be able to buy his way onto the staff team, he just wants to buy a tag that says he's staff, without any permissions.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
It seems like there might be misunderstanding - Jacon doesn't want to be able to buy his way onto the staff team, he just wants to buy a tag that says he's staff, without any permissions.
Impersonating staff is against the rules so this shouldnt have really even been considered tho

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Impersonating staff is against the rules so this shouldnt have really even been considered tho
Well, it hasn't been considered. This is a joke post. I'm just trying to clarify what the OP actually said.

falconcat2000

Dedicated Member
VIP+
oHungry
oHungry
VIP+
Ratings
47 2
i agree with jacon, but the owner or admins or mods should give the ok based on applications and behavior in the past

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
You all have interesting points- and I won't deny I've done some shit in the past.... but it will never define who I am. I am not a shitty person, I'm really nice if you get to know me... and just in general I'm usually a nice person. I just get really upset sometimes.