Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: Pingal
Map Name: Penguin Fishing
Difficulty: Hard
Jumps: Around 80? (I'm bad at counting)
/plot visit Pingal
Snow and Ice border and floating bubbles can be removed if necessary. Just there to look fancy on my plot!
2019-04-17_05.14.17.png

2019-04-17_05.14.30.png

2019-04-17_05.14.38.png 2019-04-17_05.14.45.png 2019-04-17_05.14.52.png 2019-04-17_05.14.59.png 2019-04-17_05.15.04.png
P.S. This is my first ever "parkour venture" of sorts so all critiques are valued!

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I enjoyed this one. The build looks good, even if the theme is not totally unique (A penguin themed map exists already)
Suggestions:
  • Remove the barriers behind this checkpoint sign. I got caught on the barriers when I jumped to the block.
  • Vary your block choice more. While there is glass, ice, and panes, they are all kind of separated into their own sections. It would be nice if there was a mix of all three throughout the entire course
(Normally I would criticize how many floating jumps there are, but for some reason it doesn't bother me for this map :p)

Ratings
I enjoyed this one. The build looks good, even if the theme is not totally unique (A penguin themed map exists already)
Suggestions:
  • Remove the barriers behind this checkpoint sign. I got caught on the barriers when I jumped to the block.
  • Vary your block choice more. While there is glass, ice, and panes, they are all kind of separated into their own sections. It would be nice if there was a mix of all three throughout the entire course
(Normally I would criticize how many floating jumps there are, but for some reason it doesn't bother me for this map :p)
Hi there and thanks for the feedback!
I fixed that checkpoint and tried to add some variation to the parkour but couldn't really find ways to add them without changing the path of the parkour (Just ended up adding a couple ice blocks). Do you think it's something that could be looked past?
Also I tried to make the jumps look like bubbles in the water so maybe that worked? :O
Thanks again!

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hey Pingal! I’m be giving this map a +1 the map is original, the build is attractive and the it fits the difficulty! Good job and good luck!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I'm giving this a +1. The theme is original, and the build is also really good. The jumps seem varied enough.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
0 for now since I think you could remove the giant ring.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Pingal,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really original, because there is already some Ice/Snow maps, Fish maps or just Penguin maps (NootNoot), after combining those themes make the map more original, but I will still prefer an other original theme. The build is not really good, your build is really messy in my opinion, try to build your map on/in a main build, and not floating around like you did. The parkour is also not really good, it's a bit varied, but I still found your map repetitive (There is a lot of normal blocks compared to the rest for example), avoid using too much the same block through the map and try using more different blocks, like soul sand, slimes, vines.. I also found your map confusing, probably because of how your map is messy, there is a lot of useless blocks for the parkour in your map, which confused some times where I needed to go, be careful next time !

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.