People have 8 votes already....

lilPietra

Ratings
Sooooooooo there is someone with 8 votes and I don't understand how that is even possible when there are only 6 vote links and its the first day... Someone explain?

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
2 of the sites refresh every 12 hours, the other 4 are every 24. It's all timezones, but it does even out.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Every 24 hours exactly, yes, technically.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Every month has been treated the same. 1 vote a day per website. There's only 30 days in April so the most votes you can have this month is 180. Even if you vote 12 hours instead of 24 youll only get credit for 1 a day.

Edit: Also, in previous months when someone had more votes than 5 a day, they would get their vote count reduced/removed.

Last month. Even with issues with the voting system, the top 5 ONLY had 139 votes. If you vote every 12 hours for extra votes, by the end of the month, the extras will not count. That's just the way it's been.

Last edited:

Calari

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Calari
Calari
MVP+
Ratings
150 7
2 of the sites refresh every 12 hours, the other 4 are every 24. It's all timezones, but it does even out.
you really make me scratch my head . . .
I heard this before about some sites giving votes earlier than every 24 hours and those that disagreed with it . . .
So I ignored it all and tested it myself.
In February i did a 3 day long test (one day should have been enough, but just to be sure) where i voted 4 times a day (e.g. right after midnight, right after 6, 12, 18. and on 1 of those days right before those hours, to effectively cover more ground).
at the time there were only 5 vote links.
what I've found is
- no vote page lets u vote more then once a day.
- time zones are important. (I'm in Europe, the servers in the US (est) and not all reset at the same time)
V1, V2 and V5 had their reset at my local midnight.
V3 and V4 at the US midnight (which is 6am for me in Winter - CET, 7am in Summer - CEST).
So as long as i consistently voted between 7am and 12pm/midnight, i got all my cubits.
(but until I knew that i tended to vote sometimes shortly before sometimes shortly after midnight, randomly and then think vote pages dont work something else being broken... )
so 2 mysteries were solved. (no double voting, no/way less voting issues)

but I could not help notice others having inexplicable more votes, like the original post of lilpietra.
I'd say it could be this:
1557455199140.png

Due to the timezones i can actually not do the first vote of the month on the first day of the month.
Because when my clock hits midnight on the 1st and the 2nd begins (the red O on the upper CET timeline),
its only 6pm (here 18pm on the lower, EST timeline).
Which also means my first votes then count towards the last month, so i dont lose anything, its just shifted a day. no worries here.
And then the actual vote-cut is at 8pm EST (here blue 20 EST) its 2am for me.
I thought about sneaking in a vote before the cut (but that idea was flawed since the cut makes zero no matter what u voted).
For that i live in the wrong timezone.^^
So my idea to explain it: (which i localy cant test.)
If u live in any timezone further west than EST, e.g. japan
it would look more like this:

so the US is devided in 6 timezones and the vote count resets at 8pm for the whole globe,
it is:
8 pm for green, Washington D.C. (-4 UTC) (btw. most of europe is +2 UTC thats the 6h time diff. in winter to CET)
9 pm for yellow -5
10 pm for pale red -6
11 pm for orange -7
12 pm for blue -8, Alaska
so in the US u cant sneak in a vote. (*at least not at the beginning of the month . . . )

but further west than this:
like here marked japan and middle Australia, really anything beyond Alaska, i think u can squeeze in additional votes.
but only every second month (if u want max votes).
(cause the vote pages reset partially with us EST midnight or your local midnight,
but the vote-cut is 20pm EST for the whole world at once)

so if its 8pm 1st Feb. in the us EST (here green, -4)
and u go left on the map, counting the hours backwards 20,19,... (cause the sun didnt reach there yet - if ur not to familiar with timezones)
or going right on the map, counting the hours upwards 20,21,... (but dont ignore that u go backwards in time if u do this^^)
you get to central australia/japan,
so 7am 31st Jan.
{or mathematically 8pm EST - (|-4| +9) = 8pm - 13h = 7am Aussi]

if u then vote after 7am (the global cut) till ur local midnight for ur local vote and right after midnight again,
you have visually more votes than those who can only vote at the EST midnight and not at 2 separate "midnights".
if u always vote right after US EST midnight and they do too, they could already have voted double for their local votes till u get to vote again... so theres that. (correct me if im wrong)

IF u do this and IF it actually works like I think it does . . . this only works every second month. (if u want the bonus and always need max votes to actually get it)
and with "max votes" i mean if a month has 30 days and u can vote 5 x/day its 150 votes max. (assuming extra votes get cut off if u didnt mess up any votes anyways..) (and yes i know we got 6 votes now. im still talking feb 19 here.)
"only every other month" becaues if the vote pages are on a strict 24h regime, no matter the us or local midnight, u cant generate more out of it than u have days in a month.
but if u screwed up january at some point and wanted to have a buffer in february, u could sacrife the last january vote to gain a buffer for february.
[*actually now that i think of that, i could gain a buffer at the end of the month... like a joker. hm, i never tested that xD dang. i will tho!]

Oh boy, I really hope this makes sense to u guys. And that I'm not wrong.
Sry for the super long post, Calari <3

Calari

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Calari
Calari
MVP+
Ratings
150 7
one addition:
with "refresh every 12 hours" u dont mean
"accepet voting from a voter" but
"data from voting pages gets sent to manacube.com so the number on there actually matches what u voted" - right?
but IF you (Tastosterone) have meant it that way... you presumably NEVER voted. (no offence)
because in my experience, you vote and if u right after check where you are on the list of top 5 (now there are more, i know), then it showed it right away (assuming u are amongst the top voters so u can actually see urselve on there ofc)
. . . , just a thought.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Okay

I didnt really intend my post to, uh, have you do that annnd that seems really overly complicated but I guess you do you? If you don't mind spending however much time you did on that.

and what I said was just an assumption, I don't know anything about how the voting sites work or how they connect to Manacube. I was just guessing. When I made that post, I voted every day. Clearly, according to your calculations, I was very mistaken, but I have voted before. It seems strange for you to assume that a very active player and former moderator has never voted, lol. (and remember you can do /votes to see how many votes you have)

anyway, good job doing all that, uh, research

IdkU

ELITE
IdkU
IdkU
ELITE
Ratings
Its actually just one vote link that is every 12 hours. Last month the top voter had 200 votes which isn't possible with 6 votes so it does count. Just gotta figure out which one it is ;p